I have yet to watch this subbed, so I know about half of what going on, but so far the lead seems a capable actress and of course under estimated by her peers.

Her team trusts her though and backs her plays.  Are you watching it?  Episode 1 has been subbed Miamaw

I'm watching it and so far, I like it as much as the previous version.

I think Nikaido Fumi is just as good as Takeuchi Yuko in portraying Himekawa Reiko. It's not like she's copying her or anything; it still feels like the same character, but portrayed differently. I don't feel any chemistry between her and Kame, though. (But it should be noted that as much as people loved the dynamics between Takeuchi's Reiko and Nishijima Hidetoshi's Kikuta, I didn't feel anything watching them. Sorry, guys, please don't kill me.)

Oh, and Eguchi Yosuke is a better Gantetsu than Takeda Tetsuya. But I am biased. In the previous version, Gantetsu just looked like this grumpy old detective, and of course he looked down on Reiko, but so did half of the police. Basically, I really couldn't get why she disliked him so much. But Eguchi's Gantetsu has this frightening streaks of cruelty and shows contempt for his fellow officers (and virtually everyone, it seems), it's easy to see why she would hate him.

Not gonna lie watching this for Kame, but his shows with love interests haven't gone well in his later years  , So I am not expecting much in that department : )  Plan on watching the movie too So I have some context.  I Am going to ask for clarification since I watched all the eps so far Raw with less Japanese knowledge that a native kindergardener.

Who is the other guy, not in the unit, in the first ep handing out wads of cash?  Am i supposed to like him?  He feels dirty, yet her Sempai.  

The guy who gave money to an "informant" was Gantetsu, and he's a dirty bastard. I think we're supposed to hate him because Reiko hates him and he is what you'd call a crooked cop, the type who would do anything--even illegal stuff--to score an indictment. As if that's not enough, at one point in episode 1, he actually used Reiko's experience of being raped against her, to intimidate her. (I think he said something along the lines of "Aren't you afraid of prowling the streets these summer nights?"--referencing to the time of her rape.) So yeah, he's that kind of person.

Good so glad I understand what going on even if not every word of dialog, I will be rewatching the subbed episodes (i did the same thing when Final Cut was released. ) Still need to watch last weeks ep and i know the new one comes out tomorrow, maybe Ill watch both saturday : )

I like the newer version but yeah it’s difficult to hear Himekawa and not imagine Yuki Takeuchi, new lead is also good tho

I just watched the 2010 special and it was the exact same as episode 1

Dropped after episode 1. Original is better. Much much better.

watching the original now and i am not really seeing a difference, but to each his own : )