Hello

I've only watched a few Japanese Dramas over the years. Recently I finished Koi wa Tsuzuku yo Doko Made mo which has made me interested to check out other Japanese Dramas.  I've mostly watched Japanese movies instead of dramas but I'm looking for good dramas to watch. 

Dramas I've watched 

Any genre is fine

Wow, this is tricky.  I had a cursory look at your list, and I think you mainly watched romance or at least dramas with romantic subplots? Japan doesn't make that many romance dramas these days, tbh. I'm just going to rec some of my faves and hopefully you'll be interested in a few of them.

In addition:

• 1 liter of Tears (melodrama) - be really to cry more than 1 liter of Tears cause that is what the very painful yet heart warming drama is
  • Kounodori (medical) - a story about everyday lives of obgyne Surgeons as they save mama and babies one day at a time
  • Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi (Dark melodrama) - one of the heavy hitters when it comes to twist and turns and awesomeness
  • Mr. Hiragii's Classroom (school drama?) - this is definitely a youth drama with all the students in its cast, but this is also a mystery drama set to open and lay bare what we all know about the current status of out society. This is not a Japanese issue, this is a human issue they are tackling. 
  • Kingyo Club (youth drama) - one of those low key dramas that tackles youth issues: friendships, bullying, first love
  • Buzzer Beat (romance) - this is a purely romance centered drama
  • Code Blue (medical) - this has 3 seasons and all are watch worthy. 
  • Hanzawa Naoki (office drama) - this is one of those drama that is usually passed over since there is not romance or that handsome/pretty leads. But it would be such a waste to not check out this for the great story
  • Tenno no Ryoriban (Historical / period) - this was an awesome story telling drama about cooking, plus it has Satoh Takeru, same ML as Koi wa Tsuzuku yo Doko Made mo
  • Kenjo No Ai (Revenge) - very very very dark borderline icky revenge drama with Tragic yet satisfying end. 
  • Pride (romance) 
  • Sukina Hito ga Iru Koto (Romance)

Oh,I've recommend 3 jdramas for you on your post in the feeds! I think I want to recommend another one for you!

-Mother (I saw you put the Korean remake..don't watch that one..please watch the Japanese version instead!)

-Wakamono tachi/All about my siblings (the genre is family..some people can't get into this drama but trust me this drama get better from episode to episode)

-Bitter blood (since you like Takeru Satoh's drama "Koi Tsudu" you may like this one..but it's not a romcom tho..it's a police comedy drama btw

-Woman (this drama had same theme and same screenwriter as "Mother")

-Caution,hazardous wife (This drama genre is action,drama,comedy & slice of life..the female lead is such a kickass tho)

Hey! You might want to check out my drama list called Hidden gems - older doramas. It mostly contains older dramas, but the stories are deep and convincing. Beautiful (unconventional) romances. I hope you like older dramas, if not, I'm sorry.  

Hi, here's my "Top of the Crop" short list (only what I consider the best 11 out of the roughly 200 j-dramas I've watched so far; they're listed in chronological order from 1997 to 2019). I hope you'll be able to find something to your liking!

Edit: ouch noob's mistake, I realized we're not allowed to post direct links to our custom lists, are we? Sorry...^_^;;;

Hello, I just wanted to add four dramas that I like a lot. It's better if you watch the trailer before, for see if it can please you ;)

https://mydramalist.com/2988-nobuta-wo-produce I watched it 10 years ago, and really liked it, it's a school drama about a popular guy who is a little hypotrical and one of his classmate who is eccentric, both they want to help a gloomy girl, Nobuko to make over. It's a touching story about finding yourself through friendship and go through the hardship together.

https://mydramalist.com/151-dragon-zakura I watched it a long time ago,  not sure  if it aged, it's a school drama about a lawyer who wants to send his students at the best university in Japan. His students are misfits and really bad students, it's a story about  friendship, and surpassing oneself, it's a motivating drama !

https://mydramalist.com/23-kimi-wa-petto A beautiful and brillant woman takes a young man like a pet at her home. Some people prefer the  modern version if you want to check it (I didn't watch it). It's a funny drama with brillant leads that talks among others topics, about the place of women in society.

https://mydramalist.com/26147-you-always-inhabit-my-heart It's a sad romance, be careful because with the ratings, I think there are few people who like it. It's the story of Kyoko, a young woman who lacks of confidence and wants to look ahead with a nice man that she met at a speed date party. But she is caught up by her difficult past when her abusive ex boyfriend comes at her company for work. With this drama I understood better one of my friends who dated an abusive man and couldn't left him during a long time. All characters are nuanced.

I just add this japanese movie because it's not in your list and I like so much this director:

https://mydramalist.com/28164-shoplifters

My favorites so far:

Pride 

Love Lasts Forever 

Ashi Girl

Good Morning Call