my country is small population less tha 200,000 and does not have a very high annual rate of new marriages but it has a high rate of divorce. the thing is my country has a really high rate of common law marriages aka couples who live together, have kids, morgages etc etc for many many years but never get married. anthropologists say that this common law situation was derived from black couples being unable to get married during slavery and has somehow managed to continue to this day.

the surprising thing is i know couples who have been together unmarried and seemingly happy for over 15 + years but after they get married for even just a year they begin to have problems and separate or divorce.
amrita828 wrote:
I'm glad they did not concentrate on the romantic aspect though. I consider myself a romantic, but I don't need to see two people getting together in every drama.

I think that's why I've been watching a lot of J-dramas lately. The ones I've watched don't have the love story as the main point in the plot. And when it does have one, it's so subtle that it makes it more sweet than anything.

amrita828 wrote: I could also remind you that not all guys want the good girl. ;)

Yeah, it does go both ways.

Ok, that video is hilarious...

The emphasis on "beat you" when he says "And I'm gonna beat you... on every competition."

It gives me something to think about...

"And when the waiter brings the bill, I never reach for my wallet."

I'm watching Meitantei no Okite now. I love the self awareness of the characters..lol
I just finished epsidoe 2 of Yokai Ningen Bem and something made me giggle. For those who haven't noticed, at the end of every episode of a jdrama they add a disclaimer that says "This drama is fictional." What are the chances that there three monsters that spawned from nothingness and are trying to become human living in your neighborhood? hehe
I have two more general Jdrama observations that I always kind slightly strange: 1) why are they always wearing shirts/sweatshirts/hoodies from random american universities, lol? A lot of times, they aren't even big schools that everyone here knows about. They're random ones like "Middle Tennessee," hehe. Also, 2) why are people always falling asleep in places other than a bed/futon/typical sleeping place? I realize that they do it so that someone can come and put a blanket on them to show that they care or that the relationship has deepened. Regardless, I can't help but imagine little blanket fairies skipping around Japan, covering the cold bodies of weary souls who couldn't make it to their beds, hehe.
Kawaikochan wrote:
2) why are people always falling asleep in places other than a bed/futon/typical sleeping place? I realize that they do it so that someone can come and put a blanket on them to show that they care or that the relationship has deepened. Regardless, I can't help but imagine little blanket fairies skipping around Japan, covering the cold bodies of weary souls who couldn't make it to their beds, hehe.

bahahaha i've noticed this too, even more so with kdramas, and also the fact that these people who can fall asleep in random places are super crazy-deep sleepers who don't wake up for anything. it annoyed me so much in YB lol. GMN would get moved, knocked around, fallen on etc and never even twitch. i see it in some Jdramas too but it seems to happen more often and more exaggerated in Kdramas for some reason. maybe Koreans are naturally heavy sleepers? hahaha
I'm watching Tiger and Dragon right now and I love it! It's hilarious. It reminds me of Don Quixote. Nagase Tomoya and Nishida Toshiyuki are great together in this just like they were in Unubore Deka.
I'm watching Honey and Clover and.. i've never seen such a boring drama in my life. everything is way too serious and often not even that important. you don't really bond with any character and thus not really care about them what so ever. humor was really boring too.. I really don't get why this drama is so boring. It has great actors in it!
Sadisfied wrote: I'm watching Honey and Clover and..
i've never seen such a boring drama in my life.
everything is way too serious and often not even that important.
you don't really bond with any character and thus not really care about them what so ever.
humor was really boring too..
I really don't get why this drama is so boring.
It has great actors in it!

I'm glad you said something because this drama is on my plan to watch list, but i've never gotten around to it. It never seemed to draw me in. Now I know it wasn't just me, hehe.
Kawaikochan wrote: I'm glad you said something because this drama is on my plan to watch list, but i've never gotten around to it. It never seemed to draw me in. Now I know it wasn't just me, hehe.

Haha, some people love this drama though.
Really don't know why.
The whole drama is basicly about art.. and i don't really have any interest in art.
I wanted to watch it because of the actors.. finally did.. and got disapointed. =(
Kawaikochan wrote: I have two more general Jdrama observations that I always kind slightly strange:

1) why are they always wearing shirts/sweatshirts/hoodies from random american universities, lol? A lot of times, they aren't even big schools that everyone here knows about. They're random ones like "Middle Tennessee," hehe. Also,

2) why are people always falling asleep in places other than a bed/futon/typical sleeping place? I realize that they do it so that someone can come and put a blanket on them to show that they care or that the relationship has deepened. Regardless, I can't help but imagine little blanket fairies skipping around Japan, covering the cold bodies of weary souls who couldn't make it to their beds, hehe.

Rofl. I've done it before. People get tired, and they fall asleep on the sofa in front of the tv or what not.
a sofa yeah that's reasonable but a lot of times in dramas it's really weird places or positions like sitting on the floor but sprawled across the coffeetable. you'd wake up with such a sore neck and back >.<
ladyfaile wrote: a sofa yeah that's reasonable but a lot of times in dramas it's really weird places or positions like sitting on the floor but sprawled across the coffeetable. you'd wake up with such a sore neck and back >.<

Hm, I don't remember seeing anything random like that, unless they were drunk.
Heh, you only get the strange stuff with teh drunks XD
Hangebokhan wrote: Heh, you only get the strange stuff with teh drunks XD

I was right :P

LadyFaile, I saw this and i had to post it here :
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/1819620_460s.jpg
Sadisfied wrote: I'm watching Honey and Clover and..
i've never seen such a boring drama in my life.
everything is way too serious and often not even that important.
you don't really bond with any character and thus not really care about them what so ever.
humor was really boring too..
I really don't get why this drama is so boring.
It has great actors in it!

i preferred the movie more than the drama. somehow i don't think the drama is suppose to be a comedy. it's more dramatic than anything else. it did get boring at times, the romance...what romance? they took themselves way too seriously. but still it's not that bad. 6.5/10