Sleepninja wrote: I haven't seen the movie yet. It didn't tie up all the loose ends of the story?

Sorry Sleepy, I didn't mean to spoil the fun or the expectations. Watch it, you may find answers where I couldn't. In this case, please come back and tell me! :D

P.S. Today I am clumsier than ever. I inadvertedly told a friend the end of The Snow Queen thinking she had finished it. I should be tied to a chair.:P
amrita828 wrote: Sorry Sleepy, I didn't mean to spoil the fun or the expectations. Watch it, you may find answers where I couldn't. In this case, please come back and tell me! :D

P.S. Today I am clumsier than ever. I inadvertedly told a friend the end of The Snow Queen thinking she had finished it. I should be tied to a chair.:P

That's fine, I don't think you spoiled anything for me. And if you did, by the time I watch it, I probably won't remember. :D
Sleepninja wrote: That's fine, I don't think you spoiled anything for me. And if you did, by the time I watch it, I probably won't remember. :D

Don't worry, I don't think amrita spoiled it either :) I thought the movie was good. It's not the type of thing that wraps the story up in a nice package, but I liked it that way. I don't even think Yamapi was particularly attractive, so I don't think i was sidetracked by his looks....but you never know, hehe. Maybe he creeped into my subconscious.

About the love story, I thought she was too judgmental of his activities. I agree that she is a really great balance for him, and I think he needs her in his life, but I don't think she would make the best romantic partner for him. Regardless, I'm am also happy the story focused more on everything other than the love story.
Sleepninja wrote: That's fine, I don't think you spoiled anything for me. And if you did, by the time I watch it, I probably won't remember. :D

Kawaikochan wrote: Don't worry, I don't think amrita spoiled it either :) I thought the movie was good. It's not the type of thing that wraps the story up in a nice package, but I liked it that way. I don't even think Yamapi was particularly attractive, so I don't think i was sidetracked by his looks....but you never know, hehe. Maybe he creeped into my subconscious.

I liked the visuals in the movie. There were some beautiful, dark scenes, mostly between him and Katsuragi which I thought were very well directed. But I didn't get the message of the movie and for the most part all I did was stare at the screen and occasionally scratch my head. On the other hand, I had a crush on Yamapi at the time and there's a high chance for me to have been sidetracked. ;)
Eh, I was young...
SayItAintSoJoe wrote: This fits well with this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfeys7Jfnx8

hahaha <3 it. My fave part was "shirts optional." I always slightly giggle inside when Japanese idols wear their shirts open or unbuttoned half way, lol. It looks so awkward.
SayItAintSoJoe wrote: This fits well with this thread

LOLOLOLOL!!!!
I almost expected her to have to lend him her jacket when it's cold!

Indeed, I was reminded of Playful Kiss, especially when he hits her with the tennis ball. LOL
wrote: This fits well with this thread

and this is why i love Ryan Higa XDD
funny but true isn't it. i know so many girls who want the bad boy and i could never understand that. i'm gonna share that vid on my facebook. my male friends who all think they were burned by their 1st girlfriends for being too nice will have a field day with this song.
Kawaikochan wrote: hahaha <3 it. My fave part was "shirts optional." I always slightly giggle inside when Japanese idols wear their shirts open or unbuttoned half way, lol. It looks so awkward.

lol yeah, that was funny. My favorite part is - "Nah, you aint sittin up front, the front is for the homies you can sit in the trunk!"

amrita828 wrote: LOLOLOLOL!!!!
I almost expected her to have to lend him her jacket when it's cold!

Indeed, I was reminded of Playful Kiss, especially when he hits her with the tennis ball. LOL

lol yeah i cracked up at "if you get cold then you can just hack it, cuz I'd be cold too if I gave you my jackets"

HAVA-RAVA wrote: and this is why i love Ryan Higa XDD

IKR! Him and kevjumba are hilarious

boutux wrote: funny but true isn't it. i know so many girls who want the bad boy and i could never understand that. i'm gonna share that vid on my facebook. my male friends who all think they were burned by their 1st girlfriends for being too nice will have a field day with this song.

Yes! so true, well for high school girls anyway. I got rejected by this she-devil in 10th grade because I was the nice guy, but she had the nerve to write a note to this jerk saying he was the ideal bf. So frustrating! That's when I realized not every girl wants a good guy. Makes no sense to me but whatever... lol
I could also remind you that not all guys want the good girl. ;)
amrita828 wrote: I could also remind you that not all guys want the good girl. ;)

Yeah, I guess it goes both ways
wrote: IKR! Him and kevjumba are hilarious

yup ^^ and tenchijk is also amazing
I've noticed that in a lot of dramas people's parents are still together. In the US, a ton of people my age (20s) have parents who are not together or have been divorced, including me. In fact, all of my biological grandparents were separated by the time I was born. What is it like in your country/community?
my country is small population less tha 200,000 and does not have a very high annual rate of new marriages but it has a high rate of divorce. the thing is my country has a really high rate of common law marriages aka couples who live together, have kids, morgages etc etc for many many years but never get married. anthropologists say that this common law situation was derived from black couples being unable to get married during slavery and has somehow managed to continue to this day.

the surprising thing is i know couples who have been together unmarried and seemingly happy for over 15 + years but after they get married for even just a year they begin to have problems and separate or divorce.