Linn:

I want to join pls :)

Then welcome to the club!

Tell us what kind of japanese dramas you like, so that people can exchange about them or give you recommendations!

Linn:

I want to join pls :)

Welcome Linn!

*Movie-related* (a bit late but...) 

For those who are in Germany, 

Nippon Connection Festival is now ongoing from May 24-29, 2022. If anyone is interested, you can check the venues here: https://db.nipponconnection.com/de/2022/event/film?page=1

[Titles included] (May 27 / Today) ~
Intolerance (& 29)
Just the Two of Us
Parasite in Love
Pastoral Hide & Seek
Sensei, Would You Sit Beside Me?
Target (& 28)
The Approach of Autumn
Tokyo Kurds (& 28)
Sunday Run-off (& 28)
 Under The Stars (& 28)
Wheel of Fortune & Fantasy

(May 28) ~
Double Layered Town
Just Remembering (& 29)
Last of the Wolves
Muddy River
Ninja Girl (& 29)
Popran (& 29)
Pure Japanese
Ring Wandering (& 29)
The Asadas
Unlock Your Heart (& 29)
Young Murderer

(May 29) ~
Canary
Mr. Suzuki
One Day You Will Reach The Sea
Talking the Pictures
The Young & Wild
They Say Nothing Stays the Same

Also, on May 29, the movies for online streaming (or Video-On-Demand) will be announced and will start from May 30 to June 6. So again, if interested, you can check this site https://nipponconnection.com/de/program/

Thank you for sharing! 

You're welcome! Last yr this event was somehow worldwide (I managed to watch 2 films, although they were raw) but now it's exclusive.

Question for the group...and it might seem silly since I've been on MDL since 2018, but I don't always understand how things work right away, and I'm still figuring out how this site is laid out.

Where in the forums is this club housed? I usually only see messages from the clubs in my notifications and on the side in the forums, but I had a hard time finding this particular club when I wanted to come ask a question. Is there a dedicated "club" section in the forums (and if not, should there be?) 

Also, is this club very different from the Bistro Kino: The J-Dramas & Films Club?

Lastly, and this is somewhat related, I'm also in the BL Drama Lovers club and the Umbrella Fandom and I have no idea where they normally are located in the forums either.  

Thanks for your help!

Popcxqueen:

Question for the group...and it might seem silly since I've been on MDL since 2018, but I don't always understand how things work right away, and I'm still figuring out how this site is laid out.

Where in the forums is this club housed? I usually only see messages from the clubs in my notifications and on the side in the forums, but I had a hard time finding this particular club when I wanted to come ask a question. Is there a dedicated "club" section in the forums (and if not, should there be?) 

Also, is this club very different from the Bistro Kino: The J-Dramas & Films Club?

Lastly, and this is somewhat related, I'm also in the BL Drama Lovers club and the Umbrella Fandom and I have no idea where they normally are located in the forums either.  

Thanks for your help!

I can only help with a couple of these questions unfortunately. Where this club was created can be seen at the top and above the title. So for this one you would need to go to "Home" in the forums followed by "Japan" and then finally "Japanese Drama & Movies"

As far as I know there isn't a dedicated clubs section but definitely would love this myself. Unfortunately it depends on where the creator of the club decides to create it so club locations are varied. 

I'm not sure about this club being different from the other one you mentioned so I can't answer this question :( 

Like this one the locations can be found above the title of the page. BL Drama Lovers Club can be found in the General Asia Forum and the Umbrella Fandom can be found in General Discussion :)

Hope this helped!

That does help, thank you!

I might suggest in the forums that we have a dedicated place for clubs, where the members themselves can more easily find them...on our profile, maybe? Or someplace else, I'm not sure.

Popcxqueen:

That does help, thank you!

I might suggest in the forums that we have a dedicated place for clubs, where the members themselves can more easily find them...on our profile, maybe? Or someplace else, I'm not sure.

I link the club pages using club banners on my profile page because of this lol. But it would definitely be a good idea for there to be a section just for fandoms and clubs since it's hard to find them especially if you don't know which clubs exist or not.

starrynights:

I link the club pages using club banners on my profile page because of this lol. But it would definitely be a good idea for there to be a section just for fandoms and clubs since it's hard to find them especially if you don't know which clubs exist or not.

Yeah that's why I feature a list of MDL clubs in the lower part of my MDL profile bio. More convenient to find for myself. 

A few more banners I made! 

starrynights:
A few more banners I made! 

These are lovely! Thanks!

These banners are so beautiful!

awkward potato:

These are lovely! Thanks!

Popcxqueen:

These banners are so beautiful!

Thank you! Glad you like them :)

hi, i want to join too <3