I wanted to start a thread for this drama as i really enjoyed it & hope other people will also want to see it.

Here is the blurb from MDL:

A boy and a girl from highly different social backgrounds meet and fall in love. Their love, of course, faces a lot of obstacles. The setting is in Yokohama, a modern port city known for its romantic atmosphere. Hiroto Kanzaki (Kazuya Kamenashi) works hard every day and night for the survival of a small ship repair factory (inherited from his father) as well as the survival of his mother and younger brother, who are suffering from health problems. Living such an underprivileged life, Hiroto has forgotten how to smile. In contrast to him, Nao (Haruka Ayase) is the daughter of a popular jewelry shop owner in a fashionable street in Yokohama. She attends a prestigious exclusive women's college and grew up cheerful and blessed with affluent love. From the moment Hiroto meets her, his closed mind slowly opens up to Nao, who is so innocent that she utters whatever she thinks. Their three close friends, who are also 20 year old's, play an important role in their developing relationship. The scriptwriter is Eriko Kitagawa, who earned the nickname "The Goddess of Love Stories." This classic love story enables those who are in the same generation to feel empathy, or be envious of the characters' lives; and the rest, who were once 20 years old's, to reminisce about their own "Love of My Life."

Its not a particularly exciting drama rather its appeal lies in little moments which you will remember long after the drama is finished. I had disliked J-Dramas before i saw THNK & this was a turning point for me.
I'm watching it now and just finished episode 4 and so far I'm really liking it! Then again - Kamenashi Kazuya is a favorite of mine :D

I do like the story though (:
c4U have you got to the episode where they are at a street festival/fun fair? I love that episode :)
I started watching this one and only made it 34 minutes into episode one. To me it seemed like they were trying way too hard, especially when they were falling into the pool. That looked so fake/overly dramatic. Maybe I'll try it again later though.
SayItAintSoJoe wrote: I started watching this one and only made it 34 minutes into episode one. To me it seemed like they were trying way too hard, especially when they were falling into the pool. That looked so fake/overly dramatic. Maybe I'll try it again later though.

yep that bit was silly i agree but stick with it it gets better after the frist episode
RainFlower wrote: yep that bit was silly i agree but stick with it it gets better after the frist episode

Yeah, I'll give it another try eventually. I do like the main actors.
RainFlower wrote: c4U have you got to the episode where they are at a street festival/fun fair? I love that episode :)

Yes I saw that episode (: It was cute!!! :D I want a personal Hiroto :p
I´m not a Kame fangirl, but this drama I really liked!I´m not a Kame fangirl, but this drama I really liked!

Its one of that smooth dramas I really favor. The whole story and love is decided just by the main characters not by evil family memebers or friends.
I haven't seen this one yet, but a few people have been raving about it. I will probably watch it, eventually...lol
This is the first Japanese drama I watched. It was the spark that made me intrigued about venturing outside of my Kdrama love. Now I think I have 4 more under my belt and about to add a 5th.

Its a good one to start with. I loved the love story.
nice pics C4u aww his friends were so cute in this drama as well
Thanks for starting this thread, RF. I'm one of the "raving" ones mentioned by Lis. ;)
I fell in love with this drama at first sight, mostly because it's so well acted, I'm a Kame fan and I love Eriko Kitagawa's work. I was hooked the moment he stands by that aquarium, a scene so reminiscent of Baz Luhrman's Romeo & Juliet.
So I have the whole serie on my pc and downloaded the music a long time ago. I consider it the best drama soundtrack ever.
To me, Tatta Hitotsu No Koi embodies the traits I love the most about Japanese direction and scripts: a unique delicacy in expressing love, the attention to small, poignant details (the movement of a hand, a beautiful screenshot, the choice of colours, the often minimalist dialogues), the characters one can rely to, because they could easily be my friends and neighbours. Or it could be me.
I also loved that although this is a drama played by idols, there isn't the usual focus on how gorgeous they are. This is something which, honestly, has begun to bug me a little about K-dramas. As much as I love good-looking men, I don't need to be reminded at every turn of how gorgeous they look under a shower or what is the latest trend in terms of jackets and pants.

So, I liked the simplicity of it. :)
Kamz, I will start this after I wake up. I'm done catching up to DRT...You should watch it now! lol

How many episodes of this one have you watched?
I loved the simplicity of it, too, Rita (:

And the soundtrack is now one of my favorites