ayo22:

substital. I use mozilla firefox, so if you use MF, just Ctrl+Shift+A to open the add-on window. Search substital and install it.

After you installed it, go to any raw streaming sites, and click the substital logo on your toolbar. Just drag down the srt file into your video and play it. You can customize the font too and change the seconds if the subs and video do not match.

Thanks for sharing!! I hope it will help anyone who doesn't want to download the video files.

ayo22:

substital. I use mozilla firefox, so if you use MF, just Ctrl+Shift+A to open the add-on window. Search substital and install it.

After you installed it, go to any raw streaming sites, and click the substital logo on your toolbar. Just drag down the srt file into your video and play it. You can customize the font too and change the seconds if the subs and video do not match.

This is so helpful! Will certainly try it next time!

There is truth in this. But it's a lot lot better now. We have Netflix. And Viki. And other legal means. There are also more fan subbers now. But one has to be part of a community. Like Twitter or LiveJournal. Or Discord.  D-Addict. They gotta protect their works. Really makes sense, for fansubs, it's technically not legal, these subbers just want to share their work and spread the beauty of Japanese drama. They also would always encourage that we support the drama/movie when released in legal platform. 

nielyngrace:

There is truth in this. But it's a lot lot better now. We have Netflix. And Viki. And other legal means. There are also more fan subbers now. But one has to be part of a community. Like Twitter or LiveJournal. Or Discord.  D-Addict. They gotta protect their works. Really makes sense, for fansubs, it's technically not legal, these subbers just want to share their work and spread the beauty of Japanese drama. They also would always encourage that we support the drama/movie when released in legal platform. 

It is legal if they upload the softsubs only (.srt of .ass file), like they do on D-addict or subscene.  As it does not contains copyrighted material.  

But most fansub go for hardsubs which are incredibly annoying.  You can't customize the size, the font,  etc.  Really bad for people with vision problems, dyslexia, etc. 

Also, you need to perform OCR to machine-translate them (if you're not too good at english and want them in your language).  Just upload the softsubs and tell us what raw is it synced to. Would be easier + it is less work (no need to reencode, reupload).  

Personally, I always do the effort of going to the fansub's website (instead of the likes of Dramacool, Kissasian, etc.) except when the fansubber use livejournal. This website is a pain and they usually ask you for full résumé, your social media accounts, etc. (what's next? your medical record?) just to access a subtitle. Ridiculous. Plus you usually need to wait days for the person to "approve" you. 

For fansubs like that, I'm glad there's dramacool, kissasian, etc to bypass this.  I'm okay with supporting fansubs by going to their website, but I expect the same respect in return. Like not giving a stranger my personal infos. 

Learn Japanese and stop relying on fansubs.

Try Kissasian, or Dramanice. You'll find a tons of old and new jdramas with english sub. 

it probably also depends on the drama. I've only had to wait a few months for one drama to get subbed. otherwise I usually find them on myasiantv or kissasian Viki doesn't have many good ones, but you can check there too.

ayo22:

thank you