Japanese singer and cellist. Produced by Mana, Wakeshima debuted under the DefStar Records label on May 28, 2008 with the single "Still Doll", the ending theme for the anime adaptation of the manga series Vampire Knight. She also provided the voice for a maid that appears in the eighth episode of the series. Wakeshima's second single "Suna no Oshiro", released on November 12, 2008, was used as the ending theme for the series' second season (subtitled Guilty).

She was nominated for a Best Newcomer award for 2008 in the fourth annual Shojo Beat Music Awards, nominees of which are determined by surveying "record companies, music journalists, music experts, and music fans".

Discography

Albums
-Shinshoku Dolce (侵食ドルチェ, "Sweetness Violation", 2009)
-Lolitawork Libretto (少女仕掛けのリブレット~LOLITAWORK LIBRETTO~ Shōjo Jikake no Riburetto ~LOLITAWORK LIBRETTO~, "A Libretto on What Makes a Girl Work", 2010)

Singles
-"Still Doll" (2008)Oricon Singles chart peak rank 33
-"Suna no Oshiro" (砂のお城, "Sand Castle", 2008) Oricon Singles chart peak rank 39
-"Tōmei no Kagi" (透明の鍵?, "Transparent Key", 2009) (digital download, theme song of the online game Avalon no Kagi)

As KanonxKanon
-"Calendula Requiem" (カレンデュラ レクイエム, 2010)
-"Koi no Doutei" (2011)
I love her music since I love songs which incorporate string instruments. I first heard of her when I watched Vampire Knight.

lol lis are we on a thread making rampage?
ali101234 wrote: lol lis are we on a thread making rampage?

LOL, no. Just adding stuff so people have more things to talk about. :p
LisNoir wrote: LOL, no. Just adding stuff so people have more things to talk about. :p

lol ok. i have been meaning to get into jpop.
Never heard of her before but the song is nice (:
I am a big fan of Kanon Wakeshima. She's got some great songs to offer apart from Still Doll and
Suna no Oshiro.

It's called Kuroi Torikago and is a little faster than most of her other songs. <3

OH GOD I LOVE HER !!! Her concert with An Cafe's Kanon as kanon x kanon last year was just pure epic !! She has one of the best voices ever !!!
I love her voice >_< Really beautiful :)
Absolutely love her! Her music is just beautiful, I found out about her through Vampire Knight but loved her so much that I got her CDs as well! n_n