Synopsis:
"Pasta" covers the dreams and success of a young woman who aspires to become an elite chef at La Sfera restaurant. Seo Yoo Kyung started her career as a kitchen assistant at La Sfera restaurant. She eventually works her way up to become a chef. Choi Hyun Wook is the top chef at La Sfera restaurant. He studied the culinary arts in Italy and started out as a chef assistant at a hotel in Sicily. Hyun Wook eventually worked his way up to become the most widely recognized Italian chef in Korea.

Cast:

Gong Hyo Jin as Seo Yoo Kyung
Lee Sun Gyun as Choi Hyun Wook
Lee Ha Nui as Oh Sae Young
Alex as Kim San

Korean trained cooks

Lee Hyung Chul as Geum Suk Ho
Jo Sang Ki as Jung Ho Nam
Baek Bong Ki as Min Seung Jae
Heo Tae Hee as Han Sang Sik

Italian trained cooks

Kim Tae Ho as Sun Woo Duk
No Min Woo as Philip
Hyun Woo as Lee Ji Hoon

Female cooks

Ha Jae Sook as Lee Hee Joo
Son Sung Yoon as Park Chan Hee
Jung Da Hye as Park Mi Hee

Other people

Lee Sung Min as Seol Joon Suk (La Sfera CEO)
Choi Min Sung as Ne Mo (head waiter)
Byun Jung Soo as Kim Kang (Kim San's sister)
Choi Jae Hwan as Jung Eun Soo (new kitchen assistant)
Yoon Yong Hyun as Kwang Tae
Jang Yong as Seo Jong Gyu (Yoo Kyung's father)
Kim Dong Hee as Seo Yoo Shik (Yoo Kyung's brother)
Song Ok Sook as Yoo Kyung's mother
Ryu Seung Bum (cameo, ep9)

I just started watching this. Anyone here plan to watch it? If you have seen it, what did you think?
I watched it...and I totally enjoyed it. A lot of people say it doesn't have a plot but I think it was a great slice of life drama. I liked the writing, the acting, the chemistry between the leads and I am a huge fan of Lee Sun Gyun. and his voice. Yes Chep!!
I already watched this...because it been on the top 20 on the most popular in DC (I used it as a guide on what to watched before) And I liked it...It was funny and I loved the lead actors...They have a great chemistry..or they are just really a great actors... even though Gong Hyo Jin never been beautiful all through out the drama (the rule #Law 24 of drama theology don't apply to her..kekeke!!!) But I melt at their moments... And the Italy Group are full of eye-candy..and there's an episode where you can have a feast of their yummy body:-)
haha There are a few things that made me want to watch it:

1. food dramsa FTW!
2. I love Gong Hyo Jin (this will be my 4th drama with her (counting her FBRS cameo)
3.Jeanie recommended it
4. I liked Lee Sun Gyun in Coffee Prince
5. Jang Yong is in it. he always brings a smile to my face when I watch him in a drama. :)

I'm thinking I might like this drama.
Sleepninja wrote: haha There are a few things that made me want to watch it:

1. food dramsa FTW!
2. I love Gong Hyo Jin (this will be my 4th drama with her (counting her FBRS cameo)
3.Jeanie recommended it
4. I liked Lee Sun Gyun in Coffee Prince
5. Jang Yong is in it. he always brings a smile to my face when I watch him in a drama. :)

I'm thinking I might like this drama.

It's my first drama with Gong Hyo Jin..after this, whatever anyone say..I still like her and it makes me kinda biased to her, cause i know whatever drama she is into I will surely loved it, that's why when I saw Greatest Love..at first I'm wondering why the lead actor was not handsome..but i still watched it because she's in it..after that, I'm hooked with Cha Seung Won:-)

And Lee Sun Gyun..I think whatever roles fits him..and I also liked his voice...
And this is also where I saw No Min Wo first:-)
darkangel662008 wrote: It's my first drama with Gong Hyo Jin..after this, whatever anyone say..I still like her and it makes me kinda biased to her, cause i know whatever drama she is into I will surely loved it, that's why when I saw Greatest Love..at first I'm wondering why the lead actor was not handsome..but i still watched it because she's in it..after that, I'm hooked with Cha Seung Won:-)

And Lee Sun Gyun..I think whatever roles fits him..and I also liked his voice...
And this is also where I saw No Min Wo first:-)

I love Gong Hyo Jin. and like you, I don't care what anyone says. I think she's great. She and Kim Sun Ah are my top favorite actresses.

I adored her in Pasta, Biscuit Teacher & Star Candy and The Greatest Love. If you haven't seen Biscuit Teacher with her and Gong Yoo... You should watch it! So so so good!
Jeaniessi wrote: I love Gong Hyo Jin. and like you, I don't care what anyone says. I think she's great. She and Kim Sun Ah are my top favorite actresses.

I adored her in Pasta, Biscuit Teacher & Star Candy and The Greatest Love. If you haven't seen Biscuit Teacher with her and Gong Yoo... You should watch it! So so so good!

When I saw somewhere that you recommended BTSC and I know who's the lead actors..I really planned to watch it...But the bad thing is the streaming that I found is broken so I'm still searching to where I can watch it..I even ask bokami if he watched that drama..so I can ask him to put it in cd..but that " brat" said that he don't have any intention t watch it..because they don't like Gong Hyo Jin..
Maybe later I'm going to look it up again..maybe this time I'm lucky enough to watch it:-)
darkangel662008 wrote: When I saw somewhere that you recommended BTSC and I know who's the lead actors..I really planned to watch it...But the bad thing is the streaming that I found is broken so I'm still searching to where I can watch it..I even ask bokami if he watched that drama..so I can ask him to put it in cd..but that " brat" said that he don't have any intention t watch it..because they don't like Gong Hyo Jin..
Maybe later I'm going to look it up again..maybe this time I'm lucky enough to watch it:-)

All this Pasta talk is making me want to relive my newbie days when I was in deep deep love with Kdramas. I had to post in Coffee Prince too!

I hope you find BTSC somewhere to watch soon. I might try to find something for you. It's a very good thing that bokami is my Oppa and I heart him or he would be in BIG BIG trouble! Bad boy. ;)
Jeaniessi wrote: All this Pasta talk is making me want to relive my newbie days when I was in deep deep love with Kdramas. I had to post in Coffee Prince too!

I hope you find BTSC somewhere to watch soon. I might try to find something for you. It's a very good thing that bokami is my Oppa and I heart him or he would be in BIG BIG trouble! Bad boy. ;)

I missed it to:-( cause now when I saw a comment about a drama or movie on how they bawled their eyes..and how they are moved by watching it..it got me curious and try...but in the end..I never felt what those other viewers felt..It made me sad but not enough to make me cry..while before I always cried in a simple sentence and some scene...Seeing too many drama/movies made us less appreciative:-(
LOL! He's like the Korean Chef Ramsay. XDDD
Sleepninja wrote: LOL! He's like the Korean Chef Ramsay. XDDD

Oh yeah! He is an amazingly awesome ass. With a dreamy voice! Yes Chep!
Jeaniessi wrote: Oh yeah! He is an amazingly awesome ass. With a dreamy voice! Yes Chep!

Agreed! His voice is so deep. I'm guessing there is a secret in his past that explains his hatred of women in the kitchen. BTW What a funny change! He's sexist?.....but in an unconventional way. Women shouldn't be in the kitchen! XD I can't wait to see where this is going. Is he going to tell her to sit down while he makes her a sammich?

I'm having too much fun with this. :p
as much as i loved this drama by the end "neh chep" was like nails on a friggin chalk board to me. i totally understand and accept that this is how she would actually address him if this were reality and not a drama, but still ugh!

oh and look at this.... bask in the sexiness....when you see this... well i'd call him daddy if he wanted me to.

I agree that he's looking sexy in that pic. But ick! I wouldn't call anyone daddy other than someone I actually think of as a father figure.
Sleepninja wrote: I agree that he's looking sexy in that pic. But ick! I wouldn't call anyone daddy other than someone I actually think of as a father figure.

i normally wouldnt either, well except my husband, but i grew up in the deep south where it's perfectly normal for people with kids to call each other some form of "mom" and "dad".

i meant it in more of a "who's your daddy?" kinda way :)