First time kdrama viewers thinking that Squid Game was the best kdrama ever

I care what you think and want to listen to your opinions, even if you do not agree with me.

ShotaSidePart:

I'll name names:

Park Bo Gum 

Lee Min Ho

Ji Chang Wook-in this case I think he has been typed cast cause he always plays the same role; so not saying he's a bad actor but I have yet to see range

Shin Se Kyung

Prove me wrong and give me a drama/ movie where any of these folks deserve the title of actor... I'll wait.

I have heard so many bad things about Shin Se Kyung’s acting but yet to watch her in anything so I started Run On. Absolutely perfect role. She adds a lot to the character. Some think she acts stiff but I see a lot of detailed real life acting. Tho people said she acted best in Run On so I don’t know if her acting is worst in other dramas lol 

Sunset:

don't really get the appeal over PBG, have only seen him in Encounter which was boring for me, the best episodes were the ones set in Cuba. I have no interest in watching Record of Youth since slice of life dramas usually bore me but it looks like the perfect drama to fall asleep to besides Hospital Playlist. 

I only liked him in Hello Monster. He gives this ice cold vibe he was so much better not in a romance story but a crime thriller 

Peachietime:

I have heard so many bad things about Shin Se Kyung’s acting but yet to watch her in anything so I started Run On. Absolutely perfect role. She adds a lot to the character. Some think she acts stiff but I see a lot of detailed real life acting. Tho people said she acted best in Run On so I don’t know if her acting is worst in other dramas lol 

I heard she was good in Six Flying Dragons but I didn't watch that yet. I have seen her in When A Man Loves, Bride of Habaek, Black Knight, Rookie Historian but she usually plays calm characters which makes people think she is emotionless.. 

Peachietime:

I only liked him in Hello Monster. He gives this ice cold vibe he was so much better not in a romance story but a crime thriller 

haven't watched that yet either but I heard there's a Thai version of it too

I never understand why Lee Minho is so popular like this, yeah he might be handsome for some people but he's the most overrated star actor, his acting is so boring for me and he always chose the same kind of roles 

mahdiehhh_sh:

I never understand why Lee Minho is so popular like this, yeah he might be handsome for some people but he's the most overrated star actor, his acting is so boring for me and he always chose the same kind of roles 

I think that's actually a popular opinion lol I hear this all the time.. same with Lee Jong Suk who always plays nice guys except for that movie VIP

mahdiehhh_sh:

This is one big mystery in the kdrama world 

mahdiehhh_sh:

At this point, is this even unpopular? lol So many seem to think this, myself included. I give him chance after chance and he never fails to disappoint. 

I also don’t get the amount of pay these overrated actors gets. They are not even good at acting but still they get the highest pay compared to other veteran actors.  They are just pretty and handsome. Nothing else. 

Sukai:

I also don’t get the amount of pay these overrated actors gets. They are not even good at acting but still they get the highest pay compared to other veteran actors.  They are just pretty and handsome. Nothing else. 

Because they bring in the audience. It doesn't matter if the actor/ actress is horrible, if they are popular then the audience will pay to support and that is what companies want- revenue. 

ShotaSidePart:

Because they bring in the audience. It doesn't matter if the actor/ actress is horrible, if they are popular then the audience will pay to support and that is what companies want- revenue. 

Sadly but true. They compromise the quality of the drama over some stiff actors just to attract viewers which then again - all of them are their fans.

Another unpopular opinion: (or maybe not-so-unpopular)

Those childhood flashback connections where the FL came across with the ML during their childhood days should stop. It is so cringey and unnecessary. They just keep on repeating the same scenario for over a decade now. 

those high class people/cheating/murder mystery plots are becoming generic now (Graceful Friends, Mine, High Class, Show Window). It feels like they are trying to ride off from the success of those 3 dramas with high ratings (Woman of Dignity, SKY Castle, TWOTM) which I enjoyed but everything else that came out after those 3 felt like knockoffs of those successors. The Penthouse felt like a parody of SC at first but I enjoyed it later since I get addicted to makjang dramas. I'd rather they make more of those old style melodrama/makjang but they don't seem to make those anymore, the last one I watched was Swallow the Sun (borrowed it from the library, it was better video quality than watching it online) I was obsessed with Trax/Air's song "Voice" 

I reeeally don't get the hype for Crash Landing on You... It was repetitive, and could have been a movie instead of a 16h long serie. I can summarize the story : main lead lands by accident in North Korea, tries to go back in South Korea, fails, makes a few friends and a lover, ends up succeeding after a few trials, her lover follows her, they both get hurt a few times protecting each other. The end. 

Like nothing really happens except for the two main lead falling for each other over and over again, and realizing they "met" in Switzerland.  The acting was nice but that's the only thing I can say about it (that and the one song I can remember).