NoirRoseHeart:

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think dramas with just gay characters are added to the list. It has to be ones with a gay romance/relationship. If all dramas with gay characters were added to these lists, then there's be a lot more, especially if it were a Thai drama. I have watched a lot of Thai dramas with gay characters but no love interest. But that's just my understanding on these lists, I could be wrong.

Correct. Sometimes I add dramas with gay side stories to Korean and Japanese threads, but only because they don't have many BL dramas to start with. When it comes to Thai, Filipino, and Chinese BL dramas, I add only those that have gay main plots. I think there are a few exceptions because of Chinese censorship, but in no way will I be adding everything haha

Ceki:

Correct. Sometimes I add dramas with gay side stories to Korean and Japanese threads, but only because they don't have many BL dramas to start with. When it comes to Thai, Filipino, and Chinese BL dramas, I add only those that have gay main plots. I think there are a few exceptions because of Chinese censorship, but in no way will I be adding everything haha

it would indeed be a huge bummer for anyone looking for BL to have to browse for half an hour through lists and lists of straight stories who have that one scene where a slightly effeminate seeming guy scratches his butt in the background. you have to draw the line somewhere XD

Tsuliwaensis:

it would indeed be a huge bummer for anyone looking for BL to have to browse for half an hour through lists and lists of straight stories who have that one scene where a slightly effeminate seeming guy scratches his butt in the background. you have to draw the line somewhere XD

LOL indeed

Thanks for confirming. I'm going to try and be a little more thorough when posting links on the forums. I'll trying to check how official they are beforehand, and only do the side stories on the Korean and Japanese, so I don't overwhelm you again (;

NoirRoseHeart:

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think dramas with just gay characters are added to the list. It has to be ones with a gay romance/relationship. If all dramas with gay characters were added to these lists, then there's be a lot more, especially if it were a Thai drama. I have watched a lot of Thai dramas with gay characters but no love interest. But that's just my understanding on these lists, I could be wrong.

In some cases like with Japanese ones there have been dramas added with only a gay character and no actual relationship (Tumbling). But I think that's only done when there's an overall lack of BL dramas. Japanese BL are pretty rare in comparison to Thai BLs so I think that's why Tumbling made it on there.

I think the original poster will have to decide on whether its worth including for the Korean BL category. 

I haven't seen Tumbling (or all the listed titles), so I'm not sure which ones are added mistakenly or not. But, I can see how at the make of this thread, ones with just gay characters could have been suggested to be added.

This may be the wrong place to ask since it is a Cdrama I am asking about so apologies in advance.

In Love O2O, is it just me or is there a strong vibe, chemistry between Hao Mei and K.O.?

newbiefan:

This may be the wrong place to ask since it is a Cdrama I am asking about so apologies in advance.

In Love O2O, is it just me or is there a strong vibe, chemistry between Hao Mei and K.O.?

you sure did take some weird turns to get here of all places, especially considering that there is both a thread for Chinese BLs:
https://mydramalist.com/discussions/chinese-drama-movies/28120-chinese-taiwanese-bl-dramas
/and/ a place where you can discuss the specific drama:
https://mydramalist.com/15031-love-o2o
you're probably more likely to stumble upon people to talk to about that there ;)

newbiefan:

I believe they are a romantic couple, but because of censorship, it was made to just give off a vibe. I remember mentioning this before under the drama's page after I watched it, and if i remember correctly, the person who responded to me said that they do become a couple at the end of the novel. I still have yet to read the novel, though I want to, so I'm not 100% sure if what they said is true. I do remember looking for the novel and skimming over the last chapter or so, and it did seem like what they said is true, but that was a few years ago, so I could be misremebering.

• Fashion king
  • Secret garden
 Momochan:
  • Fashion king
  • Secret garden 

Secret Garden has just a gay character, no gay relationship, even if he does like someone. I'm not sure about Fashion King though, haven't seen it.

Momochan:
  • Fashion king
  • Secret garden 

Always include links please

Momochan:
  • Fashion king
  • Secret garden 

We’re getting actual bl centered kdramas now, who wants to watch some drama for some background “gay” character at this point? Regressive. 

_Ian_:

We’re getting actual bl centered kdramas now, who wants to watch some drama for some background “gay” character at this point? Regressive. 

I would personally disagree with adding these two particular dramas (Fashion King and Secret Garden) too. 

While I haven't watched Fashion King I quickly looked up if there were Fanmade MusicVideos (which always ship characters if the show gives them any chemistry) and couldn't find any for a male couple in Fashion King. So that automatically tells me that it's either a tiny part of the story or non-existent. For some context, even Korean bromance characters in shows of 2010 have multiple dedicated FMVs (example: Goo Yong Ha & Moon Jae Shin). It also doesn't have a LGBT tag/Gay character on MDL. 

Now for Secret Garden there are FMVs for two males. One of those is canonically gay indeed but he never even confesses his feelings personally. So in that regard it's just a hidden crush of a side-character. This show does have the Gay character tag on MDL. It could be added but considering the lack of any romantic development for the gay character I would advise against it being on the Korean BL list.