irish:

"gonna have to disagree with you about german shows. I spent a ton of time watching german soap opera's and dramas while I was in Germany trying to learn the language.... and my god most of the shows they make are pretty bad lol."

But have you seen any of the ones I mentioned?. 

As I said, I'm just giving examples of what I consider quality dramas from around the world. 

gotta watch dem all. someone make a digital map on a site, with recommendations on each country...no wait....MDL should have a map. yeahhhh interactive mappppp

just to get you started, if you need it.

NSU german history x.

Ep 1

http://www.alluc.ee/l/NSU-German-History-X-S01E01-HC-Eng-Subs-HDTV-x264-Sno-mp4/x4b8cr7i

ep 2

http://www.alluc.ee/l/NSU-German-History-X-S01E02/bmuwurpv 

ep 3

http://www.alluc.ee/l/NSU-German-History-X-S01E03-Finale-HC-Eng-Subs-HDTV-x264-Sno-mp4/u8u55d45

outside of viki, and netrflix.

Here are some good sites to watch international dramas. I', not sure if any of the ones I mentioned are available

http://wlext.net/

(free)

http://watch.mhzchoice.com/

paying (but FREE 30-day trial then $7.99/mo.
Available in the U.S. & Canada)

Not sure how I got it, as I'm in ireland. Maybe I was using a vpm at the time.

I'm too familiar with Producer and Writers in Korea so I might be bias towards their product. Also... I also find real korean actor is more reliable... And I'm not even kidding when stated I watched some of the best korean drama, though is not masterpiece I think. and is not something for majority everyone taste. Can you reccomend me another chinese or japanese drama like Harvest Villa, Que Sera Sera, Cruel City, Time between Dog and Wolf, The Devil (Mawang), My Beautiful Bride, Comrades, A wifes' Credential, Queen Insoo, Giant which is for me piece of art despite some of them have flaws? I'm not looking for perfection...! And I'm soo into melodrama... because at times korean really good creating good melodrama in the past. 

Really the problem is I'm too familiar with korean drama writers, and especially i have some of good director Which I often follow their career, Like My Favourite Kim Jin Won.  often I follow producer and writers more than actor... If only I'm too more familiar with Japanese writers and Producer, I might be consider to watch their best show... 

Major:

It doesn't.  That title goes to the Brits when you're talking about the very best stuff, esp older BBC productions.  And while I tire of the episodic, drawn-out,  hyper-politically preachy nature of American dramas, I'm not even sure kdramas hold up to the best of those, save for a few.  From the standpoint of aesthetics, production values, and total pool of acting talent, then yes I'd say SK leads its Asian counterparts - romcoms in particular.  But China and Japan do writing every bit as good and often times better imo.

Ditto!

These are the top drama/tv show countries:

America

China

United Kingdom

Turkey

South Korea

Say what you want about American television but there are plenty of good shows that has been produced. United Kingdom, also, puts out come great content. Turkey, has some good dramas (I stubbled upon a few that had me hooked). And of course, South Korea & China.

Each country will produce great dramas, and equally terrible dramas. Most of these dramas are offenders when it comes to filler episodes & straight up dragging. But most South Korean dramas have overplayed moments that take up 10 minutes of each episodes even when its a 16 episode drama. 

Everything depends on the storying telling for me. I don't care what country its from (as long as it has eng subs). If it has a good story, i'm in. I haven't watched many Japanese & Chinese dramas, but what I have watched I enjoyed. I can agree that most Chinese & South Korean Dramas are aesthetically pleasing, but if the story is shirt and the characters suck, does it matter?

irish:

There is no doubt that Japan make some of the best and most high quality dramas in the world,

There is no doubt that  france make some of the best and most high quality dramas in the world,

There is no doubt that  the united states make some of the best and most high quality dramas in the world,

There is no doubt that Denmark make some of the best and most high quality dramas in the world

and so on,

Denmark has just 1864 i don't know other dramas of theirs.

Borgen

The Killing

Matador

unit one

Wallander

The eagle.

Killer_Queen:
Turkey, has some good dramas (I stubbled upon a few that had me hooked)

I'm watching season 2 of Ezel at the moment. Have you seen it?

The only other one I've seen is Kara Pasra Ask, which I enjoyed.

On the evidence of Kara Para Ask, and Season one of Ezel. Turkish dramas have a tendency to go overboard with the emotions. 

I leave out season 2 of Ezel, because it's actually darker than season one, and so far the emotional scenes have been reined in, or at least briefer. I remember reading somewhere that some turkish drama was shown in Sweden, I think,  an emotional scene was cut, because it went on so long.

Major:
Battle of Changsha, The Way We Were

I presume you meant the taiwan drama?

I don't understand this question?? I mean, it's so subjective. I personally don't think Korean dramas are the best.  I mostly watch J-dramas because these dramas best suit MY taste. I like them a lot more than K-dramas but that's just MY opinion. I don't really understand what kind of answer you were expecting..

K-dramas are definitely the most popular, that's not an opinion, it's just a fact. But they are certainly not "the best" because that's subjective.

Also comparing dramas to American TV shows is a bit irrelevant. 

Major:
 Probably explains why I like a lot of 90s Jdramas.

Oh. okay, i thought these were all 90's japanese dramas.

missjb21:
Can you reccomend me another chinese or japanese drama like Harvest Villa, Que Sera Sera, Cruel City, Time between Dog and Wolf, Th

The Long Goodbye Is A short japanese drama based on a famous thriller by an American Author. It's about a private eye an a case he investigates. I thought it was excellent.

There is also the Japanese tv remake of the Hong kong movie thriller Infernal affairs. It's called Double Face.

Now I see, that there is a korean comedy remake 

City of Damnation (movie)

I used to be an avid watcher of American series, however I felt that they dragged on quite a lot and after the second season I would be forcing myself to watch it all. When I first learned about Asian Dramas I was somewhat skepctical because American stuff is usually hyped to be the best of the best, and if the best of best had let me down, I was sure that Asian Dramas would too. My first one ever was actually a japanese one: "Hana Yori Dango". It was light hearted, fun and completely different from what I was used to. After watching Jdramas i decided to change my mood a bit and started watching Kdramas. I loved it! Asian dramas don't drag, have a mix of various elements (for example in a melodrama there may a high number of funny scenes) and tackle a lot of important issues. I think that kdramas try to cater the consumer, yet they are original and have these concepts that have never been tried before. I don't watch American dramas anymore, now I only watch Kdramas, and Jdramas (these ones very rarely tho). 

With lower budgets, comparing with American series, kdramas have great cinematography (Goblin, Chicago Typewriter), great OST (Teacher Kim, I really liked it), and great plots that tackle present issues (Teacher Kim, Descendants of the Sun, It's Okay It's Love). 

I mean, it's just my point of view and I respect everyone who feels differently

DancingGoat:

Im not into Chinese dramas simply because I in general don't to likeChina, Chinese people or the Chinese language. This is no attack against anyone or China, this is just my opinion and comes from personal experiences after having to live in China for a few years for work.

And I am 35 ^_^

But I will be willing to try a Chinese drama that is in the same quality as Signal, do you have any recommendations?

Wow racist much ?  How you gonna ask for a recommendation of a Chinese drama after stating you don't like their country people or language. And don't hit me with the "but i used to live there, I am talking from experience bs."  I do happen to know cdramas that are as good if not better than Signal ,but you don't deserve to partake with that attitude.

In terms of Koreans making the best dramas, that is highly subjective. Different countries do different things well and painting  everything Korea makes as superior is highly problematic. I say this as someone who loves Kdramas but recognizes there are amazing dramas being made elsewhere that I have not been introduced to yet.  You should expand your viewpoint.

I haven't bothered with Signal because I'm pretty sure it's going to be awful. It looks like a rip-off of Life On Mars with some twists so it's not very obvious what they are ripping off.

It's Okay That's Love was painfully average. It's like How I Met Your Mother level average but one dimensional, naive and idealistic like most Korean dramas...

I don't really understand the "mindblowing" comment. "Mind-numbing" would be more accurate.

Fair enough if you like them but original and mind-blowing? Nah.