I checked out Hana Kimi because I really liked the manga, which was what introduced me to drama land, Playful Kiss and You're Beautiful followed shortly after.
Autumn Tale or Autumn in my heart (2000)
My Name is Kim Sam Soon and then Coffee Prince
Mine was Personal Preference
My first kdrama was Playful Kiss, but the one that got me addicted was My Girl.
My first Kdrama was Coffee Prince but not the one that made me want to watch other Kdramas ;( . I strated falling in love with Kdrama thanks to Iljimae .
My very first was Lie to Me. And I still can't figure out how I even kept watching after that initial bee scene, but I'm so glad I did!. I remember thinking how horribly stupid it was. But I was hooked before I knew it and then I watched everything Netflix had at the time....Playful Kiss, Boys Before Flowers, and My Princess. I now realize they are some of the worst dramas out there, but the nostalgia alone makes me love them. LOL
First kdrama I have watched was Coffee Prince, and the next one was You're Beautiful :D And after that, I realised, that I like watching this type of movie :D
My very first drama was Full House and since then I've watched every few months a drama but the drama that really got me into watching currently broadcasting dramas and into Kpop was Dream High :)
I sort of watched 3 dramas simultaneously for my first drama(s) when I started which were To The Beautiful You, Boys Over Flowers and You're Beautiful. However You're Beautiful is definitely the answer to this question for gateway. Although specifically Hongki's character of Jeremy was the gateway to dramas more so than the drama. I loved the drama, but I loved Jeremy more. I wanted to know if they had more characters in other dramas like Jeremy in other Korean dramas. Since then no one has topped his character for me yet, but I'm still searching. I still really love Jeremy to this day.
My first drama was Meteor Garden. I was very obsessed with Dao Ming Si and Shan Cai. It was shown in my country and it was a big hit. Anyway, i was into Taiwanese drama than Korean before. But then Autumn in my Heart came to our country as well, I think I fell in love with korean dramas that day. Anyway, years ago, I only watch dubbed dramas in our language so I haven't watch full versions of the dramas before. Last year I started watching Korean dramas and movies oftenly thus my drama list. ^___^
Its embarassing to say but it was boys over flowers... but in reality it was kpop that lead me to it and i just read the comments and everyone said a must watch for kdrama beginners so i watched that!!!

It was prime minister and i.

i had only watched jdramas but i got into kpop in december 2013 and naturally started thinking about kdramas. i picked yoona's drama since i was a big fan of snsd :)