Xiaotian: ...Everyone hopes that the war will end soon, but selfishly I want to go slower. It is best that it never ends."

This is not being selfish at all.  This is being cruel.  So she think it is best that the war never end? That poor Xuang liu spend his time fighting a lost cause?  It is  not as if she is  going to accompany him.  They better not have her say this stupid line.

peng-peng:

Xiaotian: ...Everyone hopes that the war will end soon, but selfishly I want to go slower. It is best that it never ends."

This is not being selfish at all.  This is being cruel.  So she think it us best that the war never end? That poor Xuang liu spend his time fighting a lost cause?  It is  not as if she is  going to accompany him.  They better not have her say this stupid line.

I’m with you on that, cos wanting a war to keep going & people losing their homes, families or loved ones all because you want xl to keep living another day is cruel. Very stupid of her to say so. Hopefully they don’t make her say that, or else those fans will say she loves him that’s why she’s saying that ???‍♀️. Plus the viewers might go ?? That doesn’t sound right? Why would she even say such a horrible thing?

Romans_Revenge:

I’m with you on that, cos wanting a war to keep going & people losing their homes, families or loved ones all because you want xl to keep living another day is cruel. Very stupid of her to say so. Hopefully they don’t make her say that, or else those fans will say she loves him that’s why she’s saying that ???‍♀️. Plus the viewers might go ?? That doesn’t sound right? Why would she even say such a horrible thing?

Totally  and even if let's say  she " loves him" ,  her words do not convey  it  at all.   They show to me    that she  does not know what war mean,  how it is cruel for all involved.  

peng-peng:

Totally  and even if let's say  she " loves him" ,  her words do not convey  it  at all.   They show to me    that she  does not know what war mean,  how it is cruel for all involved.  

lol she can’t cos that’s not what she feels for him, she just wants to stretch the war to keep him alive. Besides, if she says she loves him, it’ll contradict EVERYTHING she’s done & said for centuries…Jing may love her but he’ll accept it & move on but the question is,will XY be able to move on? Her fate will be doomed & she knows it,unless she wants to end up like her mother(which I doubt she wants).

peng-peng:

Totally  and even if let's say  she " loves him" ,  her words do not convey  it  at all.   They show to me    that she  does not know what war mean,  how it is cruel for all involved.  

Ummm...I think that she what she said by "want the war to go slower" ...not what she actually wish of course....it's just that she's thinking ...it's only after he died that the war can be over....She did not have good farewell with him last time. I think she regret that because of what she said when she was in rage. in story she's also selfish, knowing only what she want than the war chaos. it's questionable line still.

Romans_Revenge:

That line is controversial indeed. But i guess XY could be selfish at times. She's just afraid someone she care is gone with the war which it did. But i personally do not take this controversial line to be serious because she could say cruel selfish saying at times . But overall i did not mind that line anymore as when  first time read it. Because I am very satisfied by the ending and everything. I feel the wedding at drama end is happier and sweeter than in novel, and XY was very much over everything and so happy to explore life with her jing. The way they interact. She had no more of grey hair. its all after XL death. XY is letting all of her loss feeling with the war . She is  now embracing her life ahead with Jing.

As for those fans, well they make all things into xy loving xl when theres not. They don't even respect what the author said in interview about how everyone got what they want most, and also the plot she write much for her story as "not needed" or "cheap" ....they take XL everything just because hes  one of the men vital in her life, involved in main couple getting to live together. In novel i think xl get even less appearance than ZX or Jing in overall which is why i think th give him much in near ending ....hes only one of vital...but other 3 are as vital and even have more appearance and role. i mean between Jing and XL, who's more vital ? We get to know Jing's background and everything, how he rightly embrace life yearning for WXL/XY, how he grew from insecurities of his scars into more confident as his relationship with XY develop. 

Those fans are just lame for me. They don't even have ability to appreciate all aespect of story and ready go against anything that point out their fav, 3rd ml, negative or flaws . ..so let them... we can't help....

Winny Aye:
o appreciate all aespect of story

Finding satisfaction in the ending and feeling the joy of the characters as they move forward is a great experience. I wont miss it for nothing! It's precisly when the carriage will take them far away that I will be able to close this book (even if I read others in the meantime :p), and shut the LyF drama to OFF.

I also find that to  focus on the positive aspects of the story that resonate with you, is a way to express an overall optimistic perception , something that is in you already . Ultimately, everyone interprets and connects with stories in their own unique way, and it's wonderful that you have found such joy in the narrative. I fully share your  thougths and feelings  @Winny :)

Keep enjoying the journey of Jing and Xiao Yao's happy ending with us!

Before this character strike and give a new hit to our imagination :D !

See ya!

Chapter 12

Wrap Up

Part 1

My Thoughts 

Wen Xiao Liu'd Jealousy

This maybe probably the first time Wen Xiao Liu saw Jing with another woman in such a scene such as under the fireworks. Even when the woman might not be very beautiful Xiao Liu was sort of still jealous and envy. Moreover, this event had made Xiao Liu let that she wanted to wear skirts, women wear.

Insecurity
Wen Xiao Liu was still wondering if she would look ugly. To this Zhuan Xu had strongly answer looks didn't matter to him or her parents. He sort of warn Xiao Liu to not to give into or hope on others.

Jing's Gift
Of course Jing might not be able to present himself to his Wen Xiao Liu at that moment. Nevertheless his care for her is just like in those times of Qing Shui town. He still knew what she likes and how she is. Therefore we can be the gift was made by himself. It might not be anything luxury. Because it's still food. But it's something that Wen Xiao Liu value. 

In this chapter Jing and Xiao Liu did not get to meet. However, their longing still connect.
And Zhuan Xu was getting along with Chui Sui Fenglong and his sister, Chui Sui Xing Yue. 

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/122339-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?pid=2948567&page=12#p2948567

Part 2

Old Friends from Jade Mountain
Ah Bi, a fox with beautiful eyes and Lie Yang, a bird, appeared to Xiao Liu to take her Jade Mountain. They were her friends back then and now. Ah Bi especially had respect for Ah Heng, Xiao Yao's mother and assured Ah Heng goodness to Xiao Yao. Xiao Yao, although Jade Mountain days are not happy times for her, she still cared about her two friends.

Xiao Liu/Xiao Yao View On Jade Mountain

Royal Mother might not live more than one hundred or two hundred years. With what she said she may wanted Xiao Yao to entrust the title of Royal Mother after her. However, Xiao Yao was sure this was not a place because she longed enjoy worldly normal life. By what she said to Zhuan Xu she definetly do not like this place for being too peaceful and too lonely for Xiao Yao, far from the the noisy and exciting life she craved for with someone.

The Rebirth of Xiao Yao
Xiao Yao's rebirth and transformation to her real self take place in water and peach blossom. It is like she was  born out from the flowers made up of peach blossoms. I have a feeling that water and flower petals are life for her. 

Reactions to Xiao Yao's Appearance
Xiao Yao appearance is said to be beautiful but she did not inherit appearance from her mom or Grand Emperor. By now, we should all be sure that Xiao Yao is not Grand Emperor biological daughter. With Zhuan Xu, Ah Bi, Grand Emperor's description, she might have inherited her eyes from her biological father. It was known to be cold, arrogance and fiery, but Xiao Yao eyes only show baby clarity, intelligence and coldness. This coldness to me may represent her bitterness at life experience and her nervousness, not that she's a cold person. Xiao Yao was beautiful but she seemed not to be satisfied with her being not resemble to her mom or Grand Emperor. There is uneasiness. 

Consort Jing An and Ah Nian
We alongside with Xiao Yao get to know Consort Jing An was a mute. We got to feel this normal woman and normal mother from her. She's totally fine with Xiao Yao as long as it's not a threat to her and her daughter .
But Ah Nian felt like she was losing those she cared about, Zhuan Xu and Grand Emperor. Jealousy is striking Ah Nian indeed. In which it sounded like Ah Nian might consider Xiao Yao her enemy and rival.

Xiao Yao's Vengeance
According to the context, Xiao Yao's vengeance against the fox who imprison her came from the fox insulting her mother. She, just like Zhuan Xu, could not stand to those who will insult their family members or loved ones, in Xiao Yao's case is even more than hurting her.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/122339-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?pid=2948569&page=12#p2948569

Wrap Up
So Xiao Yao, the princess is finally back. I lov e how this chapter has beautiful details in decriptions to her transformation. Mostly, Xiao Yao does not care about her being ugly or not as long as it is authentic self. Nevertheless I do like how she showed jealousy in finding Jing with another woman. She then wanted to be female and wore skirts and worried about if she would be ugly. And Jing still sent her favorite snacks and wine. It is token taking care from far away. I love this brief moments. Jade Mountain scenes, appearance her friends there and more revealation of Xiao Yao's motives and her past captivate as to crave for reading more chapters.

Symbolika1:

Finding satisfaction in the ending and feeling the joy of the characters as they move forward is a great experience. I wont miss it for nothing! It's precisly when the carriage will take them far away that I will be able to close this book (even if I read others in the meantime :p), and shut the LyF drama to OFF.

I also find that to  focus on the positive aspects of the story that resonate with you, is a way to express an overall optimistic perception , something that is in you already . Ultimately, everyone interprets and connects with stories in their own unique way, and it's wonderful that you have found such joy in the narrative. I fully share your  thougths and feelings  @Winny :)

Keep enjoying the journey of Jing and Xiao Yao's happy ending with us!

Before this character strike and give a new hit to our imagination :D !

See ya!

Lol yep everyone has their own take from the story. As long as I feel not annoyed  or feel false in some info....it should be fine. Overally please with the changes however will need to see how it will appear on screen... And yep ..will be looking forward to Deng Wei's different roles too.

Winny Aye:
I do like how she showed jealousy in finding Jing with another woman. She then wanted to be female and wore skirts and worried about if she would be ugly. And Jing still sent her favorite snacks and wine.

Thank you winny, I will also add the Jing's "work in progress" to break the engagement that was covered in  the drama ep. 18, and where Hou and FFYY are meeting together just afterward :).

Have a happy day!

Symbolika1:

Thank you winny, I will also add the Jing's "work in progress" to break the engagement that was covered in  the drama ep. 18, and where Hou and FFYY are meeting together just afterward :).

Have a happy day!

Yeahh....I  will be rereading from Peng ..and look forward to your analysis ...♥

Fanarts....

Zither Scene. ..chapter 20..S1 Ep28

Reminding of the scene. .

Chapter 20

After lunch Xiao Yao would take a nap and after she woke up, Jing would be waiting for her in the Evergreen Residence.

Jing was earnestly teaching Xiao Yao the zither and she was afraid Xing Yue and Feng Long would check on her progress so she was also earnestly learning, But as she learned she got impatient “How long do I have to learn to play a decent tune?”

Jing replied “Depends on your definition of a decent tune.”

Xiao Yao explained “Something that makes the listener feel good. You play me a tune!”

Jing hadn’t played in twenty years and one time he sat down at his old zither and strummed it only to quickly realize his fingers were no longer fluid. The notes were off and that was a reminder of what happened to his body. Every time his brother tortured him and the insulting words he said reverberated in his ears and he flipped the zither. He didn’t want to remember those words and remember the pain. He felt that he would never want to touch this again in his life.

But right now Xiao Yao wanted him to play for her.

Jing could not say no to her so he calmed himself down and concentrated every thought on playing. His fingers rested on the zither but he wasn’t sure what to play. In the repeated torture, his heart had long lost the ability to appreciate music.

Xiao Yao shyly smiled “Just play the song I sang for you the other night. Do you still remember?”

How could he ever forget?

As the memory of Xiao Yao’s singing the song echoed in his mind, Jing’s heart gradually calmed down and he strummed the zither and began to play. Some notes were not perfect but in Jing’s mind was Xiao Yao dancing and his zither was merely accompanying her singing. She danced under the moonlight while he played for her – together forever, never apart.

After playing once, Jing started playing again. But this time he wasn’t playing to her singing, he was playing the same song to tell her the same words – together forever, never apart.

Xiao Yao understood what he was trying to say and moved into his arms and tightly embraced him around the waist. His playing stopped and Xiao Yao murmured “I like listening.”

Jing continued to play for her and there was no pain in his heart and no insulting words in his ears. His heart once again was peaceful and happy because of the beautiful sound of music, and it was even happier than before because he now had another person who was happy with his music.

Winny Aye:
and it was even happier than before because he now had another person who was happy with his music.

All the scene is breathtaking! 

Winny Aye:
Some notes were not perfect but in Jing’s mind was Xiao Yao dancing and his zither was merely accompanying her singing. She danced under the moonlight while he played for her – together forever, never apart.

People came from all around the world to listen to Jing's musical skills, but it's this one that the writer wanted to share with us. Beautifull scene <3 Thank you Winny! 

Winny Aye:
Xiao Yao wanted him to play for her.

Chapter 20 extract :

After lunch Xiao Yao would take a nap and after she woke up, Jing would be waiting for her in the Evergreen Residence.

Jing was earnestly teaching Xiao Yao the zither and she was afraid Xing Yue and Feng Long would check on her progress so she was also earnestly learning, But as she learned she got impatient “How long do I have to learn to play a decent tune?”

Jing replied “Depends on your definition of a decent tune.”

Xiao Yao explained “Something that makes the listener feel good. You play me a tune!”

Jing hadn’t played in twenty years and one time he sat down at his old zither and strummed it only to quickly realize his fingers were no longer fluid. The notes were off and that was a reminder of what happened to his body. Every time his brother tortured him and the insulting words he said reverberated in his ears and he flipped the zither. He didn’t want to remember those words and remember the pain. He felt that he would never want to touch this again in his life.

But right now Xiao Yao wanted him to play for her.

Jing could not say no to her so he calmed himself down and concentrated every thought on playing. His fingers rested on the zither but he wasn’t sure what to play. In the repeated torture, his heart had long lost the ability to appreciate music.

Xiao Yao shyly smiled “Just play the song I sang for you the other night. Do you still remember?”

How could he ever forget?

As the memory of Xiao Yao’s singing the song echoed in his mind, Jing’s heart gradually calmed down and he strummed the zither and began to play. Some notes were not perfect but in Jing’s mind was Xiao Yao dancing and his zither was merely accompanying her singing. She danced under the moonlight while he played for her – together forever, never apart.

After playing once, Jing started playing again. But this time he wasn’t playing to her singing, he was playing the same song to tell her the same words – together forever, never apart.

Xiao Yao understood what he was trying to say and moved into his arms and tightly embraced him around the waist. His playing stopped and Xiao Yao murmured “I like listening.”

Jing continued to play for her and there was no pain in his heart and no insulting words in his ears. His heart once again was peaceful and happy because of the beautiful sound of music, and it was even happier than before because he now had another person who was happy with his music.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

"The Healing Power of Music: A Beautiful Moment in Tong Hua's Lost You Forever/Once Promised"

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

The Musical Bond:

(Tushan Jing and Xiao Yao in chapter20)

In  "Lost You Forever/Once Promised" by Tong Hua, the extract featuring the characters TuShan Jing and Xiao Yao beautifully captures the transformative nature of music and its ability to heal emotional wounds. Set against a backdrop of love, pain, and redemption, this scene delves into the profound impact of music on the human soul, as well as the power of shared experiences in overcoming personal struggles. Fostering healing and understanding between them.
The passage unfolds with Xiao Yao earnestly learning to play the zither under Jing's guidance. As she expresses her impatience, longing to create a tune that evokes positive emotions, the reader is given a glimpse into her desire to connect with the world through music. Conversely, Jing's internal turmoil is revealed as he grapples with the haunting memories of his past, which have left him emotionally scarred and unable to appreciate the beauty of music as he once did.

The emotional depth of the scene is heightened as Xiao Yao, aware of Jing's inner turmoil, gently encourages him to play the song she had previously sung for him. This request serves as a catalyst for Jing's emotional journey, as he is transported back to a moment of pure joy and connection with Xiao Yao. The act of playing the zither becomes a means for him to express his feelings and communicate with her on a deeper level, transcending the limitations of spoken words.
Jing's initial struggle to play the zither reflects the internal conflict he faces, as he grapples with the trauma of his past. However, as he begins to play, the music becomes a conduit for his emotions, allowing him to find solace and peace in the present moment. The transformative power of music is evident as Jing's playing gradually evolves from a mere musical expression to a heartfelt message of love and commitment to Xiao Yao. Through his music, Jing conveys his unwavering devotion, expressing the sentiment of "together forever, never apart."
The significance of this moment is underscored by Xiao Yao's understanding of Jing's unspoken message, as she moves to embrace him, acknowledging the depth of his emotions and the profound connection they share. This act of mutual understanding and emotional resonance through music serves as a testament to the healing power of art and the ability of music to bridge emotional barriers and foster deep, meaningful connections.

Through the act of listening and embracing Jing, Xiao Yao acknowledges the depth of his emotions and the profound connection they share, thus creating a healing partition between them.
Tong Hua's masterful portrayal of this scene not only highlights the characters' emotional complexities but also emphasizes the universal language of music, which transcends personal struggles and brings individuals together in moments of vulnerability and strength. The passage serves as a poignant reminder of the capacity of music to heal, uplift, and unite, offering a profound insight into the human experience and the enduring power of love and connection tough the unversal language of music.
In conclusion, the extract from Tong Hua's "Lost You Forever/Once Promised" encapsulates the transformative and healing nature of music, showcasing the characters' emotional journeys and the profound impact of shared musical experiences. Through the evocative portrayal of Jing and Xiao Yao's intimate moment, Tong Hua invites readers to contemplate the enduring power of music as a source of solace, connection, and emotional expression, resonating with the universal human experience.
In this extract music serves as a partition to love, enabling Jing and Xiao Yao to express their deepest emotions.....

@peng-peng

Before leaving Jing sent a goodbye present to  his Xiao Liu  under the disguise of  it being for all of them.  When the basket is opened we see that the content is indeed catered for Xiao Liu as it contained what she likes.  When Xiao Liu tasted the food and drink she noticed that   it taste just like  the way Ma lu  make it and the wine is also the one she used to drink.  Now what are the chances that Jing  had asked Ma  lu to cook this snacks for Xiao  or he had learned under Ma Lu guidance to make those for her? From the text  and from  what we know so far about Jing , I would say 100%. We see again  from the text, how much Jing cares for Xiao Liu. He did again a little act full of TCL that show how much he cares for her and want her to fell good.  As we can see form Xiao Liu's reaction -she sigh" -she is content and pleased with the comfort this is bringing her. Jing has succeeded in his endeavour .   

As the story progresses we see Xiao Liu's rebirth as  she finally transformed into  her real form with the help of the Royal mother.  She is beautiful, perfect. 

In conclusion, in love, all the little things count and slowly but surely  Jing is working towards bringing comfort to his Xiao Liu even when he is not with her.  They are acting like secret lovers  and I love it.  Zhuan Xu's love for Xiao Liu is revealed. From the way his heart is reacting,  Zhuan Xu just fell  in love with Xiao Yao.  This is love at 1rst sight for him. 

Now we have Tu Shan Jing, Xiang Liu and now Zhuan Xu who are in love with Xiao Liu/ Xiao Yao. Who will position himself deeply in her heart as her lover? So far Jing is the one she has been longing and is still longing for. 

This is my 2 cents

lol you already notice Zhuan Xu love at 1st sight. ..for me he was stunned...but not that obvious. .but yep hehehee he's stunned. ..so ♥ definetly agree about Jing worked to make bring comfort to his Xiao Liu. Kekke XY and Jing longed for each other..  I am glad we are free o XL for 4 straight chapters. ....of course we will see him again in chapter 13. I am so glad this chapter and last one even though not main focus we got to see XiaoJing longing throughout.