Niki Demonix:

I am too scared and not ready to watch this.....

And they are not even giving us our faux sex scene to help us over the grief.

Welcome back!

Kokuto:

And they are not even giving us our faux sex scene to help us over the grief.

Welcome back!

Thankuuuu thankuuuu ♥

Kokuto:

We can start the countdown.

JULY 8

Two weeks away.

The trailer:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5048838482299276#&video

JC-T Studio clips:

https://weibo.com/tv/show/1034:5048848318660612?from=old_pc_videoshow

Tan Jian Ci weibo. Battle Scene clip.  Sob

https://weibo.com/tv/show/1034:5048852672086073?from=old_pc_videoshow

Erm. No. Maybe. Most likely not.

Niki Demonix:

Thankuuuu thankuuuu ♥

Hey Niki! It's been a while!

nathsketch:

Hey Niki! It's been a while!

Henlooooooo ♥

nathsketch:

Erm. No. Maybe. Most likely not.

Hmmmmmm

nathsketch:
The trailer:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5048838482299276#&video

I keep going back on watching the trailer and i cannot.... i am not ready to see XL die... so i might not watch the series? so that way i will delulu myself into believing he is still alive??????

Sharing this here since it is related to S2 after all (are we supposed to move here now for S2?)

Translation of S2 trailer:

Xiao Yao:
[Overlooking Shen Nong mountain after her solo wedding ceremony to the missing Jing]
In this life,
I waited for my mother on Xiyan Mountain
Waited for 6 years,
But she never came
On Jade Mountain, I waited for Cang Xuan,
Waited for Royal Father
Waited for 70 years,
But they too never came.
I swore
In this life and lifetime,
I would never wait for anyone ever again.

Cang Xuan:
[Explaining to the old Xuan Yuan king prior to Xiao Yao's impending wedding to Feng Long]
I journeyed up to this current position
All I asked was just
to protect what I only had left
But by the time I already had
the power to protect everything,
I have lost
the only person I wished to protect.

Tushan Jing:
[Requesting the Lirong old donkey meat seller's help to retrace his memories of the night he slept with Yi Ying]
My heart is too small
to contain the whole world
It can only contain one person.

Li Rong Old Donkey Meat Seller:
Once the Lamp of Time is lit,
Using your life as the flame of the lamp

[the Lamp of Time in the shape of two metal snakes is used to help Tushan Jing recall the night he supposedly slept with Yi Ying. The lamp is a magical artifact of the Guifang clan, which surprisingly is in the hands of the Lirong old man]

Tushan Jing:
Xiao Yao is my life.

Xiang Liu:
[At Qingshui Town after taking Xiao Yao away from her wedding]
Are you willing
to marry Ye Shi Qi?

Xiao Yao:
I'm willing.

Xiang Liu:
Who do you want most to spend your life with?
[Montage of Xiao Yao with Cang Xuan, with Jing and with Xiang Liu]
Tell me.
Who do you wish most to spend your life with.
[Xiao Yao feels pain in her head]

Chishui Feng Long:
[At the wedding with Xiao Yao]
You would prefer to leave with him
rather than marry me.
In your heart, I, Chishui Feng Long
cannot even compare with an
idle libertine?!

Xiang Liu:
[At Gourd Lake where Xiao Yao has her arrow aimed at Xiang Liu after Feng Long's death]
You want to use the archery skills I taught you
to shoot me dead.
Aim here.

Xiao Yao:
[Xiao Yao in wedding finery undergoing her solo wedding ceremony to Jing]
I wish to offer my respects to heaven and earth,
formally inform my family,
that I want to marry Tushan Jing

Cang Xuan:
[Trying to persuade Xiao Yao not to go ahead with her solo wedding ceremony to the missing Jing]
Tushan Jing is dead!
Tushan Jing is dead.
Tushan Jing cannot return anymore.

Xiao Yao:
[Confrontation with Cang Xuan in the dream sequence after finding out he was responsible for Jing's death]
Everything you want, I would help you fight for it.
I would snatch it for you.
But I only want a Tushan Jing
Why won't you even give it to me?!

Cang Xuan:
You would kill me for Tushan Jing?!

Xiao Yao:
[Outside Dragon Bone prison during Cang Xuan and A Nian's wedding]
If I died,
Would you be able to live?

Xiang Liu:
Why don’t you ask the question in reverse.
[Xiang Liu's final battle, with 6 heads representing 6 remaining lives - having given 1 to save her after the Plum Forest assassination, and 2 to sever the Lovers Bug connection]
If I died,
Can you live?

Old Xuan Yuan king:
[After informing Xiao Yao that Feng Long is leading the army against the Shen Nong resistance army]
What are you thinking?

Xiao Yao:
I am thinking of Qingshui Town.

Reposting from S1 thread:

The following is my comparison between S2 trailer and leaked script, as requested by @blabla100.

To be honest, there is nothing that particularly surprises me about the trailer. I am able to identify every dialogue that takes place down to where they show up in the leaked script. In other words:

1. The leaked script should be pretty much authentic
2. The final version appears to be pretty faithful to the leaked script

What we don't know is how faithful the final version will be to the leaked script. At this point in time, it doesn't really seem to deviate from what I have read so far. However, unless it is just willfully misleading editing on the part of the trailer,  there is one scene that I hope and desperately pray does not play out exactly as we see it in the trailer - which is the asking of the 4th question. The montage of the 3 men at that exact moment throws a totally different spin on the reason why that question caused Xiao Yao so much distress, which I balk at. 

I will share my translation of the scene with the Lamp of Time in my following post, for those who are interested in how that scene plays out. 

COMPARISON BETWEEN S2 TRAILER AND LEAKED SCRIPT

liddi:
Xiao Yao:
[Overlooking the mountain]
In this life,
I waited for my mother on Xiyan Mountain
Waited for 6 years,
But she never came
On Jade Mountain, I waited for Cang Xuan,
Waited for Royal Father
Waited for 70 years,
But they too never came.
I swore
In this life and lifetime,
I would never wait for anyone ever again.

Leaked script Ep17 (originally S2E25 scene 20F)

This monologue takes place on the peak of Shen Nong mountain after Xiao Yao performs the wedding ceremony to Jing. She continues by saying that this time, she still chose to wait for him on Shen Nong mountain no matter how long it took, and tells him he must come. 

liddi:
Cang Xuan:
[Recounting to the old Xuan Yuan king]
I journeyed up to this current position
All I asked was just
to protect what I only had left
But by the time I already had
the power to protect everything,
I have lost
the only person I wished to protect.

Leaked script Ep6  (originally S02E14 scene 13)

This scene takes place in Shen Nong mountain, just before Xiao Yao's wedding to Feng Long. She was already in Gao Xin by then, and completed the 7 days' wait by the ocean.

liddi:
Tushan Jing:
My heart is too small
to contain the whole world
It can only contain one person.

Li Rong Old Donkey Meat Seller:
Once the Lamp of Time is lit,
Using your life as the flame of the lamp
[the Lamp of Time with two metal snakes is used to help Tushan Jing recall the night he supposedly slept with Yi Ying. The lamp is a magical artifact of the Guifang clan, which surprisingly is in the hands of the Lirong Old Man]

Tushan Jing:
Xiao Yao is my life.

Leaked script Ep5  (originally S02E13 scene 13)

This totally drama-only scene takes place while Feng Long was asking permission from the old Xuan Yuan king and Cang Xuan to set the wedding date. 

Assuming I did not miss any details, the leaked script does not explain how the Lirong old man managed to obtain the Lamp of Time from the Guifang clan. However, knowing Xiang Liu's extraordinary ties with the Guifang clan and the Lirong old donkey meat seller, one could assume that Xiang Liu was the one who provided the old man with the artifact, ready for Jing to show up, which he anticipated he would, knowing Jing's close friendship with Lirong Chang. 

And yes, the Lirong old donkey meat seller is the drama's replacement for the Shaman king, from knowledge of poisonous bugs, to even manipulating magical artifacts that deal with memories from the Guifang clan.

liddi:
Xiang Liu:
[At Qingshui Town after taking Xiao Yao away from her wedding]
Are you willing
to marry Ye Shi Qi?

Xiao Yao:
I'm willing.

Xiang Liu:
Who do you want most to spend your life with?
[Montage of Xiao Yao with Cang Xuan, with Jing and with Xiang Liu]
Tell me.
Who do you wish most to spend your life with.
[Xiao Yao feels pain in her head]

Leaked script Ep7  (originally S02E15 scene 9)

This is pretty much similar to the leaked script. 

My real concern is the montage we see of the three men with her between his first "Who do you want most to spend your life with" and his repeated question. I really hope that this is just in the trailer, and not actually in the drama because to include the montage of her with Cang Xuan, with Jing and with Xiang Liu at this juncture seems to imply that her headache is caused by her torn desires/loyalties between the three men. Please... NO.

liddi:
Chishui Feng Long:
[At the wedding with Xiao Yao]
You would prefer to leave with him
rather than marry me.
In your heart, I, Chishui Feng Long
cannot even compare with an
idle libertine?!

Leaked script Ep6  (originally S02E14 scene 21)

Exact dialogue from the leaked script.

liddi:
Xiang Liu:
[At Gourd Lake where Xiao Yao has her arrow aimed at Xiang Liu after Feng Long's death]
You want to use the archery skills I taught you
to shoot me dead.
Aim here.

Leaked script Ep19  (originally S02E27 scene 17)

I think (hope!) this scene is deliberately shown out of sequence. Based on the leaked script, the sequence is as follows, which means that when he said "Aim here", he had already pulled out the first arrow (which presumably is the one we saw in the subsequent scene where he was shot):

XL (faint smile): You want to use the archery skills I taught you to kill me?
XY (hands shaking): Stop right there!

Xiang Liu continued to walk towards Xiao Yao.

XL: Who would have thought you would avenge Chishui Feng Long. Since you cared so deeply for him, why didn't you marry him? After all, Tushan Jing is already dead...

Xiao Yao gritted her teeth in fury, and a silver arrow flew out with a whoosh.
The distance between them was not far and in a blink of an eye, 
the arrow embedded itself in Xiang Liu's chest. Xiang Liu's body shook slightly but he continued walking towards her, pulling out the arrow and flinging it aside as he did so.

XL: Don't forget I am called Nine-Lives Xiang Liu! If you wish to kill me, you must shoot a few more arrows! Be more precise! Aim here!

Xiang Liu pointed at his heart, dashing and unrestrained, his sleeves billowing in the wind.

XY: Do you think I won't dare to?

Xiao Yao endured her hurt as she nocked another arrow and drew the bow. However... dark red blood like peach blossoms in full bloom was spreading across his white robes. Unable to bear it, Xiao Yao closed her eyes, and the aim of the arrow that flew forth was off, grazing his arm as it flew by. Xiang Liu stopped in his tracks and gave her an insouciant smile as if in mockery, hiding a sliver of joy.
Her murderous urge exhausted at last, Xiao Yao lowered her hands in dejection.

liddi:
Xiao Yao:
[Xiao Yao in wedding finery]
I wish to offer my respects to heaven and earth,
formally inform my family,
that I want to marry Tushan Jing

Leaked script Ep17 (originally S02E25 scene 20D)

This is during Xiao Yao's wedding ceremony to the missing Jing (which was actually approved of by the old Xuan Yuan king). The monologue is not exactly the same, but the gist is similar.

liddi:
Cang Xuan:
Tushan Jing is dead!
Tushan Jing is dead.
Tushan Jing cannot return anymore.

Leaked script Ep17 (originally S02E25 scene 20C)

This takes place when Cang Xuan was trying to stop Xiao Yao (all decked out in her wedding finery) from going ahead with her wedding ceremony after Jing went missing.

liddi:
Xiao Yao:
[Confrontation with Cang Xuan]
Everything you want, I would help you fight for it.
I would snatch it for you.
But I only want a Tushan Jing
Why won't you even give it to me?!

Cang Xuan:
You would kill me for Tushan Jing?!

Leaked script Ep18  (originally S2E26 scene 3)

This takes place in Cang Xuan's dream sequence where Xiao Yao confronts him with the truth about his part in Jing's death. The dialogue is pretty much the same as the leaked script.

liddi:
Xiao Yao:
If I died,
Would you be able to live?

Xiang Liu:
Why don’t you ask the question in reverse.
[Xiang Liu's final battle]
If I died,
Can you live?

Leaked script Ep16  (originally S02E24 scene 5)

This takes place by Dragon Bone prison, during Cang Xuan and A Nian's wedding. Xiang Liu then allows Xiao Yao to think that he wanted to use the bug to control Cang Xuan so that Cang Xuan dared not kill him.

The depiction of Xiang Liu's final battle appears in line with the leaked script, with only 6 heads left, having given , and 1 to save her after the Plum Forest assassination in S1, and 2 lives to sever the lovers bug connection (S2)

liddi:
Old Xuan Yuan king:
[With Xiao Yao]
What are you thinking?

Xiao Yao:
I am thinking of Qingshui Town.

Leaked script Ep18  (originally S02E26 scene 20)

This scene takes place when Xiao Yao was informed of Feng Long leading the army to attack the Shen Nong resistance army. The old Xuan Yuan king asked if she was thinking of Xiang Liu, to which she nodded then shook her head, staring blankly before recounting the scenes from the past. 

liddi:
In retrospect, I think this is just deliberately misleading editing on the part of the trailer.

My best guess for these three scenes are as follows:

Leaked script Ep20 (originally S02E28 scene 19) - Cang Xuan giving Xiao Yao the Ruomu flower at the poinciana forest on Zhao Yun Peak at Xuan Yuan mountain, just before her wedding to Jing

Leaked script Ep10  (originally S02E18 scene 13) - Jing and Xiao Yao at Xiao Yue Summit after Hou and Yi Ying's affair is exposed and he is free to be with her at last

Leaked script Ep19 (originally S02E27 scene 17) - Xiang Liu holding Xiao Yao in his arms at Gourd Lake when she collapsed and passed out after giving so much of her blood the last time they met (his chest wound from the arrow is just barely visible)

Whew, that's a relief.

liddi:
There are several instances I can think of from the leaked script. Among them,  he acknowledges his selfishness in exacting the 15-year promise, and implied that him asking Xiang Liu to take Xiao Yao away from her wedding was to allow her to choose between Xiang Liu and him, a choice he took from her with the 15-year promise.

He is also seen to respect the cause that the Shen Nong resistance army are fighting for in different scenes. He refuses when Xiang Liu offered to kill Yi Ying and her son when he tried to ask Xiang Liu whether he knew about Tushan Zhen's parentage.

I'm actually ok with these clarifications/changes. It actually makes me feel better about XL setting Jing up to be XY's companion after he is gone.  If Jing had no redeeming qualities and showed no growth, I'd seriously question XL's judgement in pushing XY towards Jing, which is what I do with the novel's depiction of Jing. 

liddi:
Her poisoning Cang Xuan and committing suicide only occurred in Cang Xuan's dream sequence. So no, Xiang Liu did not give one of his lives to save her from that. But he would go on to give up two of his lives to sever the Lovers Bug connection.

I'm not as worked up about XL giving up two lives to sever the PLB connection because there was nothing that XY could have done to circumvent that--just like there was nothing she could do about the Plum Forest assassination. I was more concerned about whether XY forced XL to give up an additional life when she poisoned herself on Jade Mountain because that was totally within her control. I would have liked to think that she made sure that XL wouldn't have to give up a life to revive her, like he did with the Plum Forest assassination. But I guess the drama doesn't answer the question of whether he had to expend a life to revive XY from Jade Mountain.

liddi:
Xiao Yao, still on Jade Mountain, realised that Xin Yue was behind Jing's assassination, and that Cang Xuan and her grandfather knew but did not tell her, which meant that they would never allow her to take revenge on Xin Yue because of the political sensibilities involved. As such, she considered taking up the Royal Mother's offer to be her successor, as she had nowhere else to go. Just as she was having her monologue, Jing (arranged by Cang Xuan) arrived and they were reunited 

Hrm, novel XY was very against taking revenge on Xin Yue so I'm not sure how I feel about this change. That said, in the novel Xin Yue just tried to hurt XY and never hurt Jing. Like CX, XY is forgiving of people who try to hurt her, but unforgiving of people who try to hurt the ones she cares most about, so its not out of character for her to want to enact revenge on Xin Yue for hurting Jing.

Did CX have a hand in saving Jing, or did Jing save himself and CX just arranged to get Jing to XY in time to cut off XY's thoughts of becoming RM?

I know that most XL fans are upset that XL's role in saving Jing was diminished in the drama, but I have a different perspective. In XL's letter to XY, he said, "I don’t want you to feel indebted, because I know you always want to repay everything. If you truly repaid it all, I fear there would be no connection left between us." So if debts are not paid back, karmic entanglement between the two people remain unresolved, and will need to be resolved in the future. XL doesn't want XY to repay her debts to him because he still wants something to do with XY in the future.

From that perspective, I'm glad TSJ doesn't owe XL any major debts. I don't want Jing in XL's future if/when he is resurrected/reincarnates.

I think this thread is more for TJC's focused news and discussion. Like the Xiang Liu and You thread on the Season 1 board.

Creating an XL/XY thread for season 2 is probably better. Or stay over in the season 1 thread. Wait, I think this is thread was created for the serious discussion: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119977-love-you-forever-xiang-liu

solarlunareclipse:
In XL's letter to XY, he said, "I don’t want you to feel indebted, because I know you always want to repay everything. If you truly repaid it all, I fear there would be no connection left between us."

This was for the drama, right? Because I don't remember this being in the novel.

solarlunareclipse:
XL doesn't want XY to repay her debts to him because he still wants something to do with XY in the future.

Please no! YX already made her choice and she married Jing. She should have that nice, quiet life with the companion that she had chosen. With any luck, she'll achieve some much-needed growth and healing.

XL already did all that he could for her. Hopefully, he'll be going somewhere better - achieving another state of enlightenment. If he has to reincarnate, may he and Chubby be free to roam the world together. And may he find someone who is able to love him and choose him wholeheartedly. 

solarlunareclipse:
If Jing had no redeeming qualities and showed no growth, I'd seriously question XL's judgement in pushing XY towards Jing, which is what I do with the novel's depiction of Jing.

XY chose Jing and it's a reflection of her truckload of issues. Jing has his issues, but his issues are the perfect fit for XY's. Without them, she probably wouldn't have wanted him. No one forced XY to marry Jing.  Girl could have said thanks, but no thanks. No one is responsible for that but XY. It's like dealing with a loved one who continues to make poor choices. After a while, there really isn't anything that you could do except hope that things will work out. And XL isn't responsible for XY. He isn't her father, brother or family member. He did what he could for her. She wanted 17, and she got 17. Now she can deal with the outcome and try to make it work.

HeadInTheClouds:
I think this thread is more for TJC's focused news and discussion. Like the Xiang Liu and You thread on the Season 1 board.

Creating an XL/XY thread for season 2 is probably better. Or stay over in the season 1 thread. Wait, I think this is thread was created for the serious discussion: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119977-love-you-forever-xiang-liu

Sounds good. Let's move this discussion to https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119977-love-you-forever-xiang-liu?pid=3077293&page=22#p3077293.