I have now finished a season on 1 and  I like the ML stories in that order : TSJ, CX and XL. I wish TSJ story was a little more developed to show us how smart he is and how much he helped CX.  

XL got on my nerves because he did nothing for himself. He sacrificed some lives to XY which is all nice but I cannot help thinking , would he had done this if he did not have 9  lives and had already decided that he was going to die in his war? I am not trying to demish his acts. I see CX fighting his uncles , working hard to become king. I see Jing having the courage to go for what he wanted, voice his unwillingness to be the head of his clan, trying to break his engagement, going against his grandmother.  Has XL ever tried to free himself from his adopted father wish?  XL said that he is a free spirit but really he is not in my eye. I have seen comments insulting TSJ for not leave his family , not telling grandmother to f oof, but the same is not asked of  XL.  I  would have loved to see scenes of him and his adopted father.  I think if he was in TSJ  shoes and  his adopted father had asked him to marry let say YY, he would do it without complaining regardless  of his love for XY because  he own this man too much. If the man say die for me, he will. 

This is why he is my least fav character. I only like him because of the actor who portray him. Again maybe I did not get XL character at all. 

XY also annoyed me when she became the princess. She changed  so much.  Her relationship with her CX was like they never got separated at all. She trust him 100 % give him 90%, put him 1rst. What will  she be give to the man who will make her his everything, never abandon her? Did she even voice  that ?

I am looking forward to see them all in season 2 if I am still alive ?

I only be reading all your post . Thanks for this thread. 

I have just realised that I don't have a favourite character although I enjoy watching Chang Xuan's scenes.

Maybe I have moved on from LYF S1 after getting addicted to Legend of Zhuohua

Kali_01:

Wow I just saw this dancing video of Deng Wei https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8F91dAg/ it says when he was a student. 

He was really a good dancer. Too bad he got so seriously injured that he can no longer pursue it. Poor baobei. 

mparthur:

I have just realised that I don't have a favourite character although I enjoy watching Chang Xuan's scenes.

Maybe I have moved on from LYF S1 after getting addicted to Legend of Zhuohua

Wow! congrats on finding a substitute for LYF S1. Knowing myself, I would probably be in a Chinese drama slump again waiting for S2. Unless the next Lusi or Yang Zi drama airs this year, I completely trust those two when it comes to selecting good scripts.

peng-peng:
This is why he is my least fav character. I only like him because of the actor who portray him. Again maybe I did not get XL character at all.

Same here. I think he is too vague for me. And there is still no backstory about him yet. Like how he was when he was younger. What made him so loyal like that. Among the male leads, we do not know anything about him because he does not share his innermost thoughts. It's the same with the novel as well.

Ari_Lee:

???

I was reading things from last year and this guy was talking about how DW is arrogant because he didn't audition for something.  Does anyone know what drama that was???? I bet he's hating DW even more now.

it was court lady,yuzheng said that DW went to give audition for court lady but in the end he left the audition and he also searched his name on baidu.But CL started filming on march,2019 so the audition should had done before it.But he was just student that time ,he finished his course on july 2019  and a student can't have biography on baidu  and also DW is his stage name .when cnetz asked him to clarify it then he said he has many dramas so he can't remember,lol

Xiao An:

it was court lady,yuzheng said that DW went to give audition for court lady but in the end he left the audition and he also searched his name on baidu.But CL started filming on march,2019 so the audition should had done before it.But he was just student that time ,he finished his course on july 2019  and a student can't have biography on baidu  and also DW is his stage name .when cnetz asked him to clarify it then he said he has many dramas so he can't remember,lol

Jajaja... This guy is petty in the worst way.

peng-peng:
 I  would have loved to see scenes of him and his adopted father.  I think if he was in TSJ  shoes and  his adopted father had asked him to marry let say YY, he would do it without complaining regardless  of his love for XY because  he own this man too much.

I had never thought of this.  But yes, I also believe he would have done whatever his adopted father would have asked of him. Even marrying someone he doesn't want to marry. 

peng-peng:
XL said that he is a free spirit but really he is not in my eye. I have seen comments insulting TSJ for not leave his family , not telling grandmother to f oof, but the same is not asked of  XL.  I  would have loved to see scenes of him and his adopted father.

Yes, I believe those comments are very hypocritical.  I guess they hold TSJ to a higher standard than XL...LOL

Maybe this is why I don't get his extreme loyalty. Even the novel, just "tells" us and doesn't show us the depth of the relationship between XL and daddy dearest. I hope this is something which will be added (even if it's not a part in the novel). I do feel pity for XL, but  it's not enough to make me cheer for him to be endgame. Plus, his answer to everything ends up being violence.  

Some have said Jing always appears at the most inopportune times, but the XL/FFB we all know wouldn't give  rat's heinie who shows up. So again, isn't he also being indecisive or showing moments of weakness by wanting something more  when he has already decided to throw away his lives for a lost cause  and has started to work to aid XY on securing the life of peace she wants?

Ari_Lee:
XL said that he is a free spirit but really he is not in my eye. I have seen comments insulting TSJ for not leave his family , not telling grandmother to f oof, but the same is not asked of  XL.  I  would have loved to see scenes of him and his adopted father.

I agree, it 's frustrating. How is it wrong that Jing doesn't want to cold heartedly cut ties with his own grandmother and his brother who was like a father to him for the last 400 years but it's ok for XL and his undying loyalty to GG. Jing being empathetic to what his brother did to him because of his own mother's actions shows how strong Jing is. He is choosing to move forward instead of being stuck in an endless revenge cycle. sigh. Just like  Jing, I'm choosing to keep my peace of mind by not going to the main discussions page and making myself frustrated for nothing lol 

I'm entering on enemy territory here lol, but I must disagree. Many of us hate this ridiculous loyalty he has for this character that never once was shown in the drama. I hate this Gong Gong fool with all my might and XL's unwavering loyalty to him makes my blood boil. It's the one thing I can't forgive about XL's character. Stop being so stubborn. ?

Kali_01:

I agree, it 's frustrating. How is it wrong that Jing doesn't want to cold heartedly cut ties with his own grandmother and his brother who was like a father to him for the last 400 years but it's ok for XL and his undying loyalty to GG. Jing being empathetic to what his brother did to him because of his own mother's actions shows how strong Jing is. He is choosing to move forward instead of being stuck in an endless revenge cycle. sigh. Just like  Jing, I'm choosing to keep my peace of mind by not going to the main discussions page and making myself frustrated for nothing lol 

Wow I didn’t even think about this fact because logically most ppl would not sever ties with their family/blood so easily, and shouldn’t be shamed for not being able to do so. I felt for Jing because it must be so hard being in the middle of his love and his family. He doesn’t want to be the clan leader and doesn’t want to marry FFYY but he has to respect his grandmother at the same time. If XL were in Jing’s shoes, I don’t think he would do anything vastly different. Everyone’s a victim of their situation. Ofc I would have hoped he handled the whole scheme his grandma and FFYY better, I would have tried to investigate the matter if I don’t recall what had happened (especially with as intelligent as he is), but otherwise I think ppl have been hard on his character. Also, I’m not sure if it was just more subtle or from scenes being cut but the last few eps of season 1 made Jing look completely useless where he just mopes around. So that doesn’t help the shipping wars lmao

Sssnoopyyy:
Wow I didn’t even think about this fact because logically most ppl would not sever ties with their family/blood so easily, and shouldn’t be shamed for not being able to do so. I felt for Jing because it must be so hard being in the middle of his love and his family. He doesn’t want to be the clan leader and doesn’t want to marry FFYY but he has to respect his grandmother at the same time. If XL were in Jing’s shoes, I don’t think he would do anything vastly different. Everyone’s a victim of their situation. Ofc I would have hoped he handled the whole scheme his grandma and FFYY better, I would have tried to investigate the matter if I don’t recall what had happened (especially with as intelligent as he is), but otherwise I think ppl have been hard on his character. Also, I’m not sure if it was just more subtle or from scenes being cut but the last few eps of season 1 made Jing look completely useless where he just mopes around. So that doesn’t help the shipping wars lmao

I think because initially he was still shook by what had happened. In the novel, he starts investigating/suspicious when the sister in law mentioned that the baby looks like the grandfather because she's never met the grandfather so how would she know that the baby looks like him   it'll be on s2 anyways. Jing just can't live w/o XY, he's miserable. He's just moving through the motions while helping CX.

About me:

(It took me 7 years before I could move on emotionally from my first love and even now there are times that I still think of him.  He was like Jing,  he loved me so much and was super nice and tolerant of me but I took it for granted. I think because I was young and didn't have much self awareness of my own faults and insecurities. When I dated other people I realized how good and rare my first love was. Though I am married now and I love my husband but he definitely isn't like my first love or Jing lol He's probably the opposite but he's most compatible with me so it's like being married to a friend and a lover.) So I really love that XY and Jing  was able to give their relationship another chance because true love isn't easy imo.  I really like this quote: “If she's amazing, she won't be easy. If she's easy, she won't be amazing. If she's worth it, you wont give up. If you give up, you're not worthy. ... Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.” ― Bob Marley 

nathsketch:

I'm entering on enemy territory here lol, but I must disagree. Many of us hate this ridiculous loyalty he has for this character that never once was shown in the drama. I hate this Gong Gong fool with all my might and XL's unwavering loyalty to him makes my blood boil. It's the one thing I can't forgive about XL's character. Stop being so stubborn. ?

it's not enemy territory. i believe we're all part of the LYF family lol 

Hahah ok, that's good to know ♥️

nathsketch:

Hello! Please feel free to share your thoughts here. We are all open-minded in this free space. Heheheh