We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 peng-peng:
Reading the novel  now  and have some questions. In chapter 23 why did XL got angry when XY said she would have saved him if she had been around when he was a slave.? What did he mean when is ask if she was worthy? Thanks you  in advance for helping me understand.

I recommend going back and re-reading that scene. Notice where the author says "he glanced behind Xiao Yao". Why does Tong Hua mention this? What's happening right before and after this glance?

Before the glance:

Xiao Yao walked and talked “I was thinking that when you escaped the slave death match arena, wouldn’t it have been great if I was the one who saved you? If that was the case, then I would let you only be Fang Feng Bei! I really hate that I wasn’t born a few hundred years earlier. I would definitely find you in the slave death match arena…….”

Bei stopped and stared at Xiao Yao.

Xiao Yao turned and stared at him, their eyes meeting in the darkness, wanting to say more but not.

Bei reached out his hand as if to caress Xiao Yao’s cheek but the moment he touched her, he jerked his hand back.

After the glance: 

He glanced behind Xiao Yao and then smirked “Based on you right now wanting to save me? Are you worthy?”

Xiao Yao tried to explain “I’m not saying General Gong Gong isn’t a good guy, I just think, I just feel…..”

“Be quiet!” In that instant Bei appeared to don a full armor, wrapping himself tightly in a deadly aura.

Xiao Yao stared warily at Xiang Liu and then slowly backed up.

She backed into a familiar embrace “Jing?”

“Yes.” Jing held Xiao Yao and stared at Bei, his eyes full of warning.

Bei’s dangerous aura vanished and he laughed “I heard you wanted to break the engagement. You just became clan leader, do you think my sister isn’t good enough for you now?”

Jing’s deadly aura also vanished “It’s not that Yi Yang isn’t good, it’s that…..”

Xiao Yao grabbed Jing and ran...

It wasn't XY's words that caused XL's change in mood. It was whatever he saw behind XY. So what could that be? We find out moments later: he must have seen TSJ.

When he sees TSJ, he shifts his attitude to be cold towards XY, and then aggressive. What does that accomplish? TSJ steps forward, and XY steps back into his embrace. After a moment, XY runs away with TSJ. That's what XL was looking to do, and it's very strong foreshadowing for what happens later in the novel. 

Antinh85:

He's so cute. lol I didn't think introverted people would want to be in this industry. It's so opposite of their life style. Maybe it's a good thing for him as it will make him more open to meeting people and trying new things. 

So true,

AH :
“Be quiet!” In that instant Bei appeared to don a full armor, wrapping himself tightly in a deadly aura

Thank you! I was struggling with that moment just yesterday (...I was on that ep. then-just finished the show...) , the imperative of : "  Be quiet!"-  sounded so loud ,that I got it,  that she reached some point in him, that in no way she have the right to step on again... But couldn't figure out of why???.

And  the moment that follows, as she moove off backward, Tushan Jing chest collude with her back.He was there. Also, the fact that she "hooked/nailed/touched" his past displeased him, could even say disgusted him. 

Make sense! :)  

Kali_01:

His first ad ! 

Yes!

He's passionate about his character😍

https://twitter.com/MBEsukkiewei/status/1694672775838126118?s=20

Ari_Lee:

He's passionate about his character😍

https://twitter.com/MBEsukkiewei/status/1694672775838126118?s=20

he loves Jing so much

MsDurian:

he loves Jing so much

As he should 

@luluchandra: thanks for sharing the link, I haven't seen this, now I feel bad after watching it (This is one of challenges of being a celebrity.)

What an unprofessional behavior some people really have. (Thanks to the vlogger's eng sub, otherwise, I wouldn't know how to respond to this.) There are really some who pretend to be there just to get a scoop of stars esp the newbies then mock them afterwards with their own edits for attention and reward whatsoever. They were so rude to him. 

@His_Smile: on the earlier Twitter link you shared about DW's reaction during their rehearsal

That was funny, I mean how he reacted. It was not like DW, it's Tu Shan Jing in DW's body! Hahaha I think that would be how TSJ would react as well when reminded of that. Haha cute! 

I hate that I can't quote.

@His Smile: introverted Wei wei trying to say hi to YZ (cute!!!)

@Atinh85: I think so too! And yes I agree. That's why I don't think other ppol knew him at all or even try to understand his introverted side, just like how they criticized him during the latest variety show the LYF team was on. They were all enjoying their time there. And I think since he's new to things like this, he needs some time to adjust.

@MsDurian: Yes I think DW really loves Jing that it reflects on how he portrayed him in the drama, his struggles, his complex world, the pressures he had, his happiness, his feelings... ^_^