Kali_01:

i find it funny that everything anti Jing people complain about Jing  are the same qualities that XY likes about Jing lol

Jajaja, true. 

Even FFYY will compliment those qualities at that one point.

Ari_Lee:

Jajaja, true. 

Even FFYY will compliment those qualities at that one point.

yes

i hope they show it 

Ari_Lee:

Yes... One comment said something along the lines of I hope YaoJing shippers recognize XL's sacrifices. I just sighted and walked away.  He was never the man for XY because he would not leave his damned "cause".  I never understood it while watching the drama and never understood it while reading the novel. I understand his loyalty to the man who saved him, but I don't understand the man who saved him.

Is this Gong Gong in book 1? Would reading that provide more insight? I am not going to read it because I cried when I read the ending chapter, but I need to know why this guy is clinging to and willing to die for a dead nation.

Same with me and more on the Nobel death for a soldier. I understand going to war fighting to defend and save many. But going to war for the sack of the pride of a Nation? Many will die and be affected on both sides!

While I give XL high scores on different issues, I can't forgive him for hurting XY and himself time and time again. He even treats (the possible) XY's love for him as a distraction to him and his mission and avoids it. Probably he knows if being in a mutual love situation he hesitates to leave her.  

I feel bad for Deng Wei. His character going to get more hate even after it ends. I don't like how the author let XY be the one that solved the YY issue. I thought Jing would at least took it in his own hands later on when his sister-in-law died and punish them on his own. I know what people are going to say that he's so weak. Even the later part of the novel, Jing didn't really have much impact on the story but  just follow XY around. The author made his character too kind and yet she didn't let him show his growth and see that he's too kind. As if she was too focused on what to do with the other characters and just made Jing in the background. 

Antinh85:

I feel bad for Deng Wei. His character going to get more hate even after it ends. I don't like how the author let XY be the one that solved the YY issue. I thought Jing would at least took it in his own hands later on when his sister-in-law died and punish them on his own. I know what people are going to say that he's so weak. Even the later part of the novel, Jing didn't really have much impact on the story but  just follow XY around. The author made his character too kind and yet she didn't let him show his growth and see that he's too kind. As if she was too focused on what to do with the other characters and just made Jing in the background. 

The way I see it is that he lost XY when the pregnancy was discovered and he was so heartbroken that he was just living through the motions. It's not until his SIL makes a comment and her consequent death that he wakes up, but he's so sick  and so much time has passed that they can't find evidence. FFYY and Hou weren't even having contact with each other.

Kali_01:

Bts https://x.com/_lostyouforever/status/1691470336359870464?s=46&t=aH-LfpJ49lSmyIpD0HM2Sw when tsj woke up

Their acting in that scene was so poignant that I shed some tears. 

His Smile:

They're acting in that scene was so poignant that I shed some tears. 

I know!

So, real question. I like XL, but is he really such an unique character?

Antinh85:

For her FL character to have time to have other meaningful interactions with her favorite male character, Tong Hua converted Jing into a soap opera character where she created conflict after conflict for him. She is the kind of writer I often steer clear of when I read romance books. lol

His Smile:

For her FL character to have time to have other meaningful interactions with her favorite male character, Tong Hua converted Jing into a soap opera character where she created conflict after conflict for him. She is the kind of writer I often steer clear of when I read romance books. lol

I am wondering if she expected DW to make him so popular because of the way he portrayed Jing.

Ari_Lee:

I know!

So, real question. I like XL, but is he really such an unique character?

Not really. In fact, his character is usually present in fantasy themed series. What is so complex about him?

His Smile:

Not really. In fact, his character is usually present in fantasy themed series. What is so complex about him?

I agree and I am trying to understand why they say there is no one else like him.  

Ari_Lee:

I am wondering if she expected DW to make him so popular because of the way he portrayed Jing.

Deng Wei's amazing performance made her least favorite character very popular.  I hope she regrets not writing Jing well in her novel. 

His Smile:

Deng Wei's amazing performance made her least favorite character very popular.  I hope she regrets not writing Jing well in her novel. 

I hope so too. The last few chapters he was like an afterthought even when he was alive. 

When he held his "son", it made me so sad because he was thinking it was his, but his existence was so hurtful that he couldn't feel complete joy.  I'm gonna go hurt my own feelings and watch that scene again...lol