Ari_Lee:

I agree and I am trying to understand why they say there is no one else like him.  

There are a lot of characters like him. If they search for "tsundere" and "anti-hero" online, they'll see a lot of characters, like Xiang Liu, who is cold on the outside and warm on the inside. In fact, I think "complex" fits CX description more.

Ari_Lee:

I know!

So, real question. I like XL, but is he really such an unique character?

I think what makes him unique is how well he is written and how he steals the show every time he shows up. The author made sure he was bad enough to where he wasn't liked but also good enough to where he can redeem himself. That's a good balance. For me personally, when a bad guy gets a good ass redemption arc, they are worth the hype and love.

TTJ was a good example of a character with a good redemption arc; in the novel, the drama made him too good. My all time favorite fictional is Mo Ran who is way worse than XL; he's a scoundrel, a dog, and extremely shameless but his redemption journey was one of the best thing I've ever read; opinions may differ since this is also a huge debate among 2ha fans and nonfans. 

Ari_Lee:

When he held his "son", it made me so sad because he was thinking it was his, but his existence was so hurtful that he couldn't feel complete joy.  I'm gonna go hurt my own feelings and watch that scene again...lol

Although he appears happy, he knows that child could never be his. I feel so bad again for him. 

His Smile:

Although he appears happy, he knows that child could never be his. I feel so bad again for him. 

And he still was the best father he could be.

Ari_Lee:

I am wondering if she expected DW to make him so popular because of the way he portrayed Jing.

His Smile:

Deng Wei's amazing performance made her least favorite character very popular.  I hope she regrets not writing Jing well in her novel. 

hahaha ,Jing was the least popular character in the novel,he was known for as the end game only ,before i read the novel most reviews are full of XL stans.even in MDL the comments are jing only loved XY bcz she saved him and XY only has sympathy towards him as for CX i only saw people to bash his character.

I am grateful to tong hua for creating him but in some parts i felt that he never loved Jing lol,in volume three 3 ,he didn't had any importance .

and also the drama team focused on XL more than others,even most previews are about xiang liu,where the is cang xuan.

she added a line to XL calling jing useless which was unnecessary to me.

i think no one expected the jing in the drama version will be popular,yes as a individual character XL is the most popular also TJC has big fanbase than other two ML's but the jing in drama version gets more popular than the jing in novel version.

i think ZWY will get more hype in S2 than S1 bcz  in S2 ,they will show xuan't madness,obsession etc and i don't need to say he has a great acting skill.

Ari_Lee:

When he held his "son", it made me so sad because he was thinking it was his, but his existence was so hurtful that he couldn't feel complete joy.  I'm gonna go hurt my own feelings and watch that scene again...lol

As he was watching the baby, I think he was searching for some kind of resemblance to him. I think Jing knows nothing happen with YY. His depression is due to the fact that he broke his promise to XY and believes he's not worthy of her.

I look forward to CX's character going down the path of no return with his obsession. He is actually my second favorite character next to TSJ at the moment. I really hate waiting like this for the next season.

Lady Mac:

As he was watching the baby, I think he was searching for some kind of resemblance to him. I think Jing knows nothing happen with YY. His depression is due to the fact that he broke his promise to XY and believes he's not worthy of her.

He knows it will take a miracle for Xiao Yao to be with him again. 

His Smile:

Lady Mac:

Yes, you are both right. He holds the baby after Hou's wife says the baby resembles the grandfather.

I am still pissed la maldita vieja esa died a peaceful death.

Yara_B:

I guess we'll see what he means by that at the end of season 2 cause idk what he means by that either. 

Isn't he older than YZ? Why is he calling her jiejie?

he called ZWY gege also where ZWY is younger than him,

Xiao An:

DW is the youngest among five of them.

Xiao An:

Calling him gege. does it mean Xiang Liu is younger than Cang Xuan in the drama?

mparthur:

The youngest one is Wang Hong Yi

mparthur:

He's second to the youngest, Hong Yi is 24 followed by DW - 28.