liddi:
My take on this part is not because she wanted to draw a line between them, but because as a woman, any bite mark on her neck would be apparent for all to see. As Wen Xiao Liu, she could afford to walk around with a bite mark which could be mistaken for something else, but not as the Gao Xin princess Xiao Yao.

Yes, that's what I was trying to say :)

Dramadoggy2021:
There is that theme song said for XL “can’t wait for the waiting” what is supposed to mean ?   Or should be interpreted “can’t wait for the longing? 

等不到的等待 literally means "Waiting for something that will not have the chance to see come true".

The chorus translates thus:

等一次雪落,等命运垂爱,等你一生来
Waiting for the snow to fall, waiting for fate to smile down [on me], waiting for you for a lifetime

等不尽思念,等不到花开,等不到的等待
Waiting with endless longing, Unable to wait for the flowers to bloom, A wait that will never [have a chance] to see come true 

Dramadoggy2021:
@kokuto…yes FBb was probably his most carefree happy soul and he sacrificed it …but if it’s for making a ruckus between fenglong and CX I guess XL calculated wrong?  cX and Fenglong was very strong together that Fenglong died for CX?..

Xiang Liu did not forcibly take Xiao Yao away from the wedding and sacrifice his identity as Fangfeng Bei to drive a wedge between Cang Xuan and Feng Long. Rather, it was to ensure that Feng Long or anyone else would no longer want to marry Xiao Yao,  and she need no longer settle for anyone less than the one who truly loves her regardless of her tattered reputation. 

@liddi

You have the ending as well? Can you tell us în a few words how do they plan to play out XL's death and XY finding out? 

“Xiang Liu did not forcibly take Xiao Yao away from the wedding and sacrifice his identity as Fangfeng Bei to drive a wedge between Cang Xuan and Feng Long. Rather, it was to ensure that Feng Long or anyone else would no longer want to marry Xiao Yao,  and she need no longer settle for anyone less than the one who truly loves her regardless of her tattered reputation”

And this is Jing whom he feels..as XL knows that kings brother and feng feng Yung Yung had affair ? Eventually king would come back to xl side ? 

liddi:
LM (sorrowfully) Recently, two more comrades passed away. Those old friends who followed Chi... followed the Great General have almost all died out.
FFB (detachedly): Everyone will die. It's just a matter of time.
LM (sighs): You are right. Who knows when it will be our turn.

Xiao Yao put down her chopsticks and stared at Fangfeng Bei in stunned silence.

This addition feels so different from the novel. The man isn't the last survivor from Chi Chen's army at this point? And XL says that new line detachedly? 

liddi:
FFB (mocking): You are doing so well that you came all by yourself to the gambling den to gamble.

Another add that feels... off. 

liddi:
I've translated the scenes after they left the gambling den, and key points during their visit to the old donkey meat seller (with only a brief description of the ruckus Lirong Chang caused on behalf of Jing).

Thank you!

liddi:
In this scene at least, it feels that Xiao Yao kept waiting for Fangfeng Bei to give her some sort of sign, but neither would take the first step.

</3

liddi:
No, Xiao Yao does not mention the lover's bug because she still doesn't know what type of bug it was, which makes sense since in the drama, Jing's grandmother did not die from repercussions of using a voodoo bug, and she has had no contact with anyone else who had such any knowledge. We'll see if it is explained further down the road and she ever does find out what she planted, and what it actually means.

Oh true, so she wouldn't have met that woman from Jiu Li. That makes sense.

liddi:
The original text says this:

Thank you for translating this part too! ^^

liddi:
My take on this part is not because she wanted to draw a line between them, but because as a woman, any bite mark on her neck would be apparent for all to see. As Wen Xiao Liu, she could afford to walk around with a bite mark which could be mistaken for something else, but not as the Gao Xin princess Xiao Yao.

blimarch speculated that XL could fully heal his bites but chose to leave a mark. Do you think that's the case?

XY would also have access to the best medicine as a princess. With the Sheng Nong Herm Manual in her possession, I would think she herself would be able to heal and hide the mark if she was worried about it.

But I suppose even if XY could heal the mark completely, she would need some time to do so and someone might see the mark before she did. So your reasoning makes sense. 

blimarch:

Yes, that's what I was trying to say :)

My mistake. I thought you were saying it would be more harmful to her reputation if she was caught with FFB biting her neck in her bed than if she was caught with FFB biting her wrist in her bed. 

Kokuto:
No. She doesn't need XL to end the engagement.  And yet, why does she send her crystal ball message and wait for XL?  You yourself said, that she asking XL to give her a reason to break off her marriage to Feng Long.  She wants to break it off, but she needs someone else to do it for her, to make the choice for her, and to hopefully replace Feng Long.

Right, she would only break it off if there was a better option, i.e., if XL/FFB was willing to be with her.

Kokuto:
And as I pointed out, she tells others, she wants to settle down, but she tells XL that she wants to wander the world with him.  Which is what she ends up doing, with Jing in the end, wandering the world, not settling down.

With Jing, she proposes going to the ocean to explore the islands that XL mentioned, so that they can find one they like and settle down there.

Xiao Yao wearily closed her eyes. “Jing, I want to leave!”

“Where shall we go?”

“To the ocean! The millions of miles of ocean and unending horizon. Xiang Liu said there were endless uninhabited and uncharted islands, perhaps we can find a beautiful island to call home.”

“Sure!”

Kokuto:
She also sent XL a note with the crystal ball that said she was getting married, so this was her last poison gift and please accept it with a smile.  Really?  That's like the opposite of declaring one's love.  But that is in line with the mixed messages of the crystal ball.

In my view, the note does two things. First, it might give XY a layer of emotional plausible deniability. Sending the mermaid's message is an act of extreme emotional vulnerability for XY. The note might give her back a tiny bit of emotional protection.

Second, and more importantly I think, she's emphasizing that if he doesn't go to her and give her a reason to end the engagement, the current state of her relationship with XL is going to end. Something is going to change between them either way. She extends an invitation and leaves it for him to choose whether to accept it or not, and the consequences that will come with that choice. 

Kokuto:
And I agree.  The scene in the crystal ball is the embodiment of XY's feelings,.  And her feelings are saying something very close to what she said on the beach.  "I have feelings for you, but you are a cold distant bastard who is looking at something else (Gong Gong) and not looking at me."  The major difference, is that this time she at least wants him to look at her.

What would be the point of sending this message to XL? Why rush to send it to him as soon as possible?

Kokuto:
What was the point of immediately responding to the crystal ball message?  Had he shown up, was she going to say, I'm dumping Feng Long and running away with you to the Rebel Camp?

I don't think XY knew exactly what she wanted from XL/FFB right then. She was well aware of all the things that kept them apart up to that point. But her marriage was a new variable. Suddenly it was becoming real and XY seemed to realize that TSJ was unavailable and if XL really wasn't willing to choose someone, she would either have to settle for someone else like Feng Long or she would end up alone. The hope might be slim, but I do think she really did have some hope that XL would choose her. 

Kokuto:
Did she think that wasn't going to be humiliating to Feng Long?  Or CX?

She clearly didn't think he would end up doing what he did. 

Kokuto:
Fang Feng Bei.  Don't get me started.  XL sacrificed the best part of himself to get her out of that marriage and take a chance on them, and SHE is the one who is upset?  Not a word of sympathy for him, but she's mad and sad for herself?  I know she's afraid and confused, but in this particular mess, I think we have to add completely self centered.

That was a sacrifice very much of his own choosing. One that, in her view, was entirely unnecessary and contrary to what she wanted. Why would she show sympathy to the person who effectively "killed" FFB? She mourns the loss of FFB.

blabla100:

@liddi

You have the ending as well? Can you tell us în a few words how do they plan to play out XL's death and XY finding out? 

I will translate it in full when I get to it, but here's a brief summary. Note that this all takes place before Xiao Yao's wedding:

Xiao Yao woke up from a nightmare, calling Xiang Liu's name. She gazed at the moon, thinking this is the same moon Xiang Liu must be looking at right now. When asked why she was not resting, she told Jing that she felt anxious after dreaming about Xiang Liu, and could not sleep. She said that everyone hoped the war would be over, but she nursed a selfish wish that it would take longer, and if possible never end. 

Meanwhile, in the wilderness at the outskirts of Qingshui town, the Chenrong remnant army was wiped out by Ru Shou's superior forces, with only Hong Jiang left, holding off for 6 days and nights. Reports came back that Xiang Liu was nowhere to be found. Realising that the last man standing was actually Xiang Liu in disguise, Ru Shou called off his army and told them to prepare to attack from afar with arrows instead. He tried to persuade Xiang Liu to surrender, having been authorised by Cang Xuan to offer him a princedom in return, but was rejected by Xiang Liu, who turned around and asked Ru Shou if he would surrender if he were in his shoes. Knowing that it was futile, Ru Shou was filled with admiration, respect and regret as he gave the order to shoot, and we see Xiang Liu's remaining 6 heads die one by one. Even as he drew his last breath, his body remained standing, and Ru Shou warned his army, particularly those who wanted revenge, that any attempts to desecrate Xiang Liu's body will be met with court martial. Suddenly poisonous black fog emitted from Xiang Liu's body, and everything in its path dissolved. In fear, Ru Shou and his army fled the area, leaving only Xiang Liu's body, standing in the midst of the fog, his eyes tenderly gazing at a pearl held in between his fingers. As the mist thickened around him, dissolving everything in its wake, his body finally collapsed, and the pearl transformed into tears, falling down on Xiang Liu's face.

Xiao Yao sat alone by the window of her mother's old quarters at Chao Yun Peak, grieving over Xiang Liu's death, saying that although she kept warning herself that Xiang Liu was their enemy, she was not prepared for his death. She asked whether the blood she gave was not enough to keep him alive (having no idea he used it to save her), and wished she had given more. She also regretted the cruel things she said to him the last time they met. Trying to retrieve the memories in the mirror, she realised to her dismay that it had all been erased. As she recalled their happier moments, she clutched her chest and wept bitterly, asking him whether she truly meant nothing in his eyes, that he would not even leave her a small memory. The scene ends with the song playing in the background which she sang to lure Fei Fei, which Xiang Liu heard when they first met.  

liddi:
The scene ends with the song playing in the background which she sang to lure Fei Fei, which Xiang Liu heard when they first met.  

Thx for all your translations! 

liddi:
in the wilderness

Hmmm, they changed it from an island.

liddi:
we see Xiang Liu's remaining 6 heads die one by one

I'm curious how they'll show this. I can't imagine he'll fight the entire last battle in his true form.

In the drama version of the story, he used one life to revive XY once and two lives to break the bug connection? No other lives used to revive XY a second time or to revive TSJ, right?

liddi:
his eyes tendering gazing at a pearl in between his fingers.

We predicted this scenario in this thread, but it's still a little surreal to read it.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2688469&page=25#p2688469

liddi:
Xiao Yao sat alone by the window of her mother's old quarters

Which quarters?

liddi:
She asked whether the blood she gave was not enough to keep him alive (having no idea he used it to save her), and wished she had given more.

Oh I never thought about this in the novel - how she might hope that the blood she gave him could be used to prevent him from dying in battle. 

liddi:
The scene ends with the song playing in the background which she sang to lure Fei Fei, which Xiang Liu heard when they first met.  

The shippers get riled up about this song and who it belongs to. Seems like the drama is using it for both TSJ and XL.

liddi:
with only Hong Jiang left, holding off for 6 days and nights. Reports came back that Xiang Liu was nowhere to be found, Realising that the last man standing was actually Xiang Liu in disguise

So what of Hong Jiang? Is it clear why XL disguised himself? Is there a suggestion that Hong Jiang escaped? We speculated about this part of the novel in this thread earlier but I'm wondering if the drama will be clearer.

@liddi

Oh wow, thank you so much for this, I am looking forward to read more of your translations! 

@liddl I am in tears ? ???