We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 Elise:

Yeah, the script looks too long and detailed which makes me kinda believe it's the real thing :( If it's a fake, whoever made it has way too much time on their hands.

That's the other thing. That's A LOT material to fake.  But it could be an early draft.

In the US, they often they date or stamp these scripts.  And sometimes, for big shows / movies in the US, the actually have fake scripts to throw off the press / scoopers.  I think they did that for one of the Star Wars movies.

@nathsketch

No, he is not a Jinger, LOL. Bu Bu Jing / scarlet heart (a big novel / drama hit back în the day) , same writer as lyf. He is  saying that this drama could have been as good / big as Bu Bu Jing, if not for the changes they made to it, by not following the novel. 

@kokuto

"There's the "if LYF was a cheap modern drama" in weibo. It's basically like that...

Xiang Liu: poor, deliquent teenager who was raised by a gambling addict uncle with tons of debt. Was often starving and forced Xiao Yao to bring him lunch. He also suffered terminal illness.

Jing: Rich second generation who got bullied in school and saved by Xiao Yao.

My goodness... Xiang Liu is already too pitiful... He had no money, no status, was terminally ill, and now Tong Hua changed his love into an unrequited one???

This drama just eliminated the main love conflict in the novel. After all, if the girl fell in love with the rich guy, there's no conflict caused by the poor guy. He's just there to be a tool person who saved everyone from a car accident."

blabla100:

https://mydramalist.com/profile/fujisaku/review/298447

I have seen this review / comments like a month ago and it is pretty similar to the script we've read here. 

I thought this review was so bizarre and had nothing to do with LYF but reading it now, it all makes sense.

"From the development in season 1, I could tell they don't want yaoliu other than for marketing. Season 1 yaoliu should actually get a lot of sugar, but the way the director shot it was very grim and Xiangliu was very bitter."

For marketing reasons. They all knew Xiang Liu was the most popular character to people who read the novel so they advertised him and YaoLiu a lot to get people to watch the show. Heck, even I who didn't read the novel before started watching this for him and really believed YaoLiu had chance....

Elise:

I thought this review was so bizarre and had nothing to do with LYF but reading it now, it all makes sense.

"From the development in season 1, I could tell they don't want yaoliu other than for marketing. Season 1 yaoliu should actually get a lot of sugar, but the way the director shot it was very grim and Xiangliu was very bitter."

For marketing reasons. They all knew Xiang Liu was the most popular character to people who read the novel so they advertised him and YaoLiu a lot to get people to watch the show. Heck, even I who didn't read the novel before started watching this for him and really believed YaoLiu had chance....

I know, right? I though it's bizare too at first, couldn't understand much of what îs trying to say, but now it all makes sense, LOL. 

Elise:

Yeah me too ..didn’t read the novel ..but I became a yaoliu fan just because TJC managed to personify XL with his magnificent charisma and eye contacts …lol….

Was bubujingxin 2 written by tonghua also?  I never watched the 2nd but just heard from my sister it wasn’t good..

I wasn’t a. Big fan of Bubujingxin ..lol never liked Qing dynasty outfits hairstyles and don’t really like drama where king lead have like 20 something wives..lol

blabla100:

@kokuto

"There's the "if LYF was a cheap modern drama" in weibo. It's basically like that...

Xiang Liu: poor, deliquent teenager who was raised by a gambling addict uncle with tons of debt. Was often starving and forced Xiao Yao to bring him lunch. He also suffered terminal illness.

Jing: Rich second generation who got bullied in school and saved by Xiao Yao.

My goodness... Xiang Liu is already too pitiful... He had no money, no status, was terminally ill, and now Tong Hua changed his love into an unrequited one???

This drama just eliminated the main love conflict in the novel. After all, if the girl fell in love with the rich guy, there's no conflict caused by the poor guy. He's just there to be a tool person who saved everyone from a car accident."

I'm sorry.  I don't understand why you're re-posting this from the 'review.'  That's not how XL was portrayed in the drama, at least not to me.  Again, WHAT terminal illness?  And I don't know what conflict they think was eliminated in the drama.

He îs also saying that

"However, the script was leaked before the broadcast and season 1 changes were proven to be legit." 

So yea... 

@kokuto

He îs just making a comparison, like lyf în a modern drama setting. It is a bit  confusing, but that part îs not that important anyway. 

Elise:

I bow down to your GIF library!

I haven't read the novel, but the bits I've read here and there, I think Tan Jian Ci's XL is far sweeter than the novel.  We actually get to see some of his PoV and feelings.  He's aloof, but he's not as icy.  I didn't see XL as grim or bitter at all in the drama.  He comes across as lonely, but he doesn't reveal that to anyone but XY.

If they know XL is the most popular character, then why would they sabotage him???  Why would Tong Hua sign up for that?

blabla100:

He îs also saying that

"However, the script was leaked before the broadcast and season 1 changes were proven to be legit." 

So yea... 

Where's the leaked season 1 scripts, then?

blabla100:

@kokuto

He îs just making a comparison, like lyf în a modern drama setting. It is a bit  confusing, but that part îs not that important anyway. 

Okay.

Kokuto:

Where's the leaked season 1 scripts, then?

Not sure if there's a separate leaked script for all of S1, but liddi mentioned that the leaked S2 script begins after XY's assassination. So it covers several episodes that ended up being part of S1.  

Kokuto:
If they know XL is the most popular character, then why would they sabotage him??? Why would Tong Hua sign up for that?

The only reason I can think of is censorship :|