luv2bafangurl:

@Snowdrop Meadow

my petty self is very happy that XY-TSJ wedding anniversary will be the mourning day forever for XY. Maybe that‘s why they change this detail in drama (if the leaked script is true) 🤔 and make XY married Jing after XL death, to give XY-TSJ 100% HE 🤯. Gosh I‘m going to spit blood so much blood watching that scenario unfold 🤬🤬🤬. 

It's terrible. There's no convincing me that it won't be terrible. The mental gymnastics necessary to make any of this resemble anything remotely happy will provide enough energy to power a small city. 

Or in order to justify this change of wedding plans, they'll probably butcher XY's character in such a way as to make her completely unrecognizable from the novel, so drama watchers and book readers alike will despise it. This sounds like a happy ending for me.

@nathsketch 

I would be happy even with a kind of spin-off novel containing unreleased moments from the original work. Like I want those deleted scenes in an extended version:

After Ma Zi’s wedding, Nine Lives Xiang Liu would occasionally come and sit in the clinic courtyard and drink a few cups of Xiao Liu’s wine and nibble on a few of Xiao Liu’s snacks. When he left his face never even changed expressions and his heartbeat never once skipped a beat. Xiang Liu’s very att.i.tude of not taking Xiao Liu seriously is exactly what pissed Xiao Liu off.

And so many moments that could give us an insight inside XL's mind/heart/actions in the shadows.

And I want to know if XL really didn't came at all when XY was waiting for him at the Dragon Bone Prison. @kitty_momo @liddi is there anything in the leaked script that indicates if XL at least came peeking, hidden behind a big fish or under a wave or something?

nathsketch:

It's terrible. There's no convincing me that it won't be terrible. The mental gymnastics necessary to make any of this resemble anything remotely happy will provide enough energy to power a small city. 

Or in order to justify this change of wedding plans, they'll probably butcher XY's character in such a way as to make her completely unrecognizable from the novel, so drama watchers and book readers alike will despise it. This sounds like a happy ending for me.

yes exactly, and maybe in a way this so called ‚Happy Ending‘ will enable us all to finally move on, as XY doesn‘t deserve XL anyway. My new canon is that this was all only XL love tribulation and he‘s now reincarnated into Mo Qing Cheng where he finally got the girl and his HE. 

luv2bafangurl:

yes exactly, and maybe in a way this so called ‚Happy Ending‘ will enable us all to finally move on, as XY doesn‘t deserve XL anyway. My new canon is that this was all only XL love tribulation and he‘s now reincarnated into Mo Qing Cheng where he finally got the girl and his HE. 

That'll help me to sleep in peace, thank you for that. I just feel sad about the hair. All that beautiful platinum mane going to waste like that. They need to give him another drama with the hair + a happy ending. 

We deserve it. We demand it. 😹

and it seems like the phrase, husband, wife, home, waiting for him to come home, is scattered everywhere.When they were under the 37th sea, they considered the shell as their home, xy always waited for xl to "come home". and when xl "came home" he said "it seemed like he had gone home" in the novel the emphasis was clearly visible.when xy waited 7 days at sea, ah nian said that she saw a wife waiting for her husband to come home.even the chapter titles are brought up, lol... is yaoliu delusional?

windiaaa041293:

and it seems like the phrase, husband, wife, home, waiting for him to come home, is scattered everywhere.When they were under the 37th sea, they considered the shell as their home, xy always waited for xl to "come home". and when xl "came home" he said "it seemed like he had gone home" in the novel the emphasis was clearly visible.when xy waited 7 days at sea, ah nian said that she saw a wife waiting for her husband to come home.even the chapter titles are brought up, lol... is yaoliu delusional?

that's not YaoLiu delusion at all. It's some of the other ones that are denying what XY and XL had. Some of them think XY doesn't seem him in a romantic way at all and think it's platonic friendship smh.

Elise:

that's not YaoLiu delusion at all. It's some of the other ones that are denying what XY and XL had. Some of them think XY doesn't seem him in a romantic way at all and think it's platonic friendship smh.

That's quite ludicrous. It's like that TikTok video where people from all over started to comment when the original poster said she only thought of him as a friend.

luv2bafangurl:

@Snowdrop Meadow

my petty self is very happy that XY-TSJ wedding anniversary will be the mourning day forever for XY. Maybe that‘s why they change this detail in drama (if the leaked script is true) 🤔 and make XY married Jing after XL death, to give XY-TSJ 100% HE 🤯. Gosh I‘m going to spit blood so much blood watching that scenario unfold 🤬🤬🤬. 

I'm still salty XY isn't drunk so XY-TSJ do get to have a wedding night. AND there's another YaoJing make-out session that the YaoLius have to watch Xiang Liu be in grief over?! I'm going to feel a sharp pain in my chest watching this all play out. Like those thousands of arrows.

@nathsketch

It doesn't mean that xy is not worthy of xl, but here it is xy who feels more sorry, when xl comes forward xy instead backs off where xy says xl is not suitable to enter xy's dreams. then after that actually xy always moved forward even though it seemed like he was fighting for it but didn't really fight for it.Then after the incident with Merlin and 37th at the bottom of the sea, XL realized how painful it was to lose someone he loved, even more frightening than death.xl doesn't want to, after xy gets xl then xy loses xl. from there XL always pushed him away. in fact xy always takes the first step most of the time.

windiaaa041293:
Thanks for sharing your opinion @AH

Thanks for engaging in the discussion. ^^

blabla100:
I also belive that she really intended to die, but let's just say that even though she was not happy to wake up alive, later on, when she came to terms with the situation, she was disappointed to find out that it wasn't XL who saved her or at least she did held her breath în anticipation, hoping the white figure is him.

Agreed. 

blabla100:
I agree that she didn't consider XL at all before trying to commit suicide, but that's exactly the weird part. Her last thoughts were only for CX and Jing, is like XL never existed, like he was never part of this story. I know they cut off their ties in chapter 46, but still, even for the fact that they still share the bug's connection, thus killing him alongside with her, you would have expected at least a small thought running through her mind about him. The complete lack of thoughts regarding him is what baffles me to say the least. No word, no thought, no hint of any sort, not even "sorry for what I am about to do, XL" or at least "XL is going to die too" ...nothing at all,  I don't get it, why?

Yes, her lack of consideration for him in chapter 43 and chapter 46 is pretty egregious. 

Chapter 43 might seem better because she's passively letting herself get murdered rather than actively choosing to die, but she chose to sneak out knowing it was probably a trap. She didn't think about XL's feelings or the fact that her death could very well kill him. She didn't think about CX's feelings. No, the thing that made her decide to try to live was the rather far-fetched thought that CX might kill Miao Pu! Nothing against Miao Pu at all, but that part just felt ridiculous. 

And then in chapter 47 she again doesn't consider XL's feelings or that her death might cause his death AND she betrays the promise she made him. 

Maybe Tong Hua thought it would be worse if XY thought of XL and still went ahead with her plan anyway?

blimarch:
It's not clear but maybe XY could be able to deduce that XL gave her one of life because she became like him (body, blood, aptitudes under the sea). And thus, it would be a no-brainer and a no-secret thing.

XY happened to deduce it while she was healing her (when she was trapped in her body and seemingly unconscious), but I think she might've been able to deduce it it even if she hadn't been conscious. Especially (as you mentioned) after XL tells XY that the changes she experienced (e.g., being able to breathe under water and swim like XL) were the price she had to pay for being alive. 

While XL was healing her, she realized he must have used a life-exchanging spell that she had "heard of". It was likely one of the spells from the Jiu Li Poison Manual that she memorized.

XL is aware that XY has a certain amount of knowledge about poisons and voodoo from a source that she won't tell him about. Between that and what he told her in chapter 26, I think it would be possible for her to make the same deduction even if she had been unconscious while XL was healing her. 

liddi:
Xiang Liu's body slowly sank into the sea. "Apart from waiting for an opportune time to maximise its returns, what else do you think I can do?"

Oh wow. With that translation, he was pretty much confessing that he did have a way to remove the bug (or, in actuality, to at least break the bug connection) and was choosing not to use it. 

Now that's making me think about how XL could've used the bug connection as leverage if he really wanted to. He could've chosen to tell CX at least part of the truth about the bug connection (that XY would likely die if XL was killed).  Would CX risk possibly killing XY? Or would he be willing to do almost anything XL demanded to keep XY safe?

blabla100:
Is zeng xunuo another name for once promised? Sauvignon Blanc another name for LYF? I wish I could understand this post better, it sounds interesting. 

Yes, Sauvignon Blanc is sort of another name for LYF. It's a mistranslation / a literal translation. 

The title of the story in Mandarin is 长相思 which sometimes gets translated as "Eternally Missing You" but iirc liddi mentioned at one point that it's more like "Eternally Missing Each Other". 

That phrase happens to also be the Mandarin name for a particular strain of grapes used to make Sauvignon Blanc. So when people use certain auto translation tools to translate "长相思" they end up with "Sauvignon Blanc". 

blimarch:
1st marriage (FL): wedding crash, XL steals the bride, XY and XL "elope" and are on the same roof during the wedding night

Technically XL stepped out and didn't stay the night under the same roof as XY, but it's accurate to say that they ran away from her wedding together and then sort of lived together for a month. 

blimarch:
2nd marriage (TSJ): husband is dead, XY wears her wedding dress anyway and in a nutshell spend her wedding night with XL having tender moments

For real. The actual night she was supposed to be getting married, she falls asleep on top of XL nestled in his arms, in her wedding dress, while he intimately drank from her neck. 

blimarch:
3rd marriage (TSJ): on the wedding day XY pleads CX to spare XL. Spend her wedding night drunk and totally wasted (although we could argue that she was a mess also because of CX)

True that she asked CX to spare XL's life at her wedding. Also true that she got drunk and didn't have a traditional wedding night with TSJ. But the reason given in the novel was that she was drinking and crying with Sir Bi and Lie Yang because of her her mother. Although who's to say that other factors didn't play a role in her drinking. All the craziness with CX could've been a factor. Losing the bug connection with XL also could've been a factor. 

Has anyone noticed the sauvignon blanc/lyf poster where there are two people, 1 man and 1 woman on the mountain of the five gods, 1 woman dressed in white, 1 man dressed as a general, then who is the general???

windiaaa041293:

Has anyone noticed the sauvignon blanc/lyf poster where there are two people, 1 man and 1 woman on the mountain of the five gods, 1 woman dressed in white, 1 man dressed as a general, then who is the general???

That first picture in our gallery? 

blimarch:

And not to mention that on the 1st wedding night, XY confess -in spite of herself- that the one she "most want to spend [her] entire life with" is... XL/FFB 

Not exactly. That conversation happens after they had been in QS town for over a month. Not on the night of her wedding. And XY didn't answer XL's question. Although her non-answer was itself an answer... so sort she sort of did and she sort of didn't. 

Snowdrop Meadow:
Although the 3rd wedding was the only successful one in terms of actually finishing the ceremony, it will also always carry the cruelest association as FFB was XL's alter ego and XL was still alive back then, TSJ eventually returned to XY, but XL will never return to XY... Very heartbreaking and at the same time very poetic

In the novel, a few days pass between XY's wedding day with TSJ and the day she finds out about XL's death. Although on the morning of her wedding she went and paid her respects at her family members' tombs (her mother, her grandmother, and her uncles and aunts) and she went back the next day with TSJ. Even though paying respects to one's ancestors is a normal wedding thing, it still felt a bit bleak.