AH :

^^" 

So. So. TRUE!

AH :

^^" 

Every time a Jinger say we are overthinking and that the story is “simple” , send them this (๑乛◡乛๑).

Also, not just The Character, but

The Character™.

AH :
Part of me agrees with this sentiment. But the more I think about it, the more I feel like... what would that look like? When would he say that? What would XY say? And what would it accomplish?

TSJ anticipated that extracting himself from his engagement would take time, which was why he asked for the 15 years in the first place. I think he was anticipating that the difficulty would mainly be with tactfully ending things with the Fang Feng family, and he didn't anticipate that his grandmother would be so attached to FFYY and end up behaving the way she did. WXL becoming XY and supporting CX in his fight for the throne also complicated things.

For the most part, I do agree with everyone who takes the view that it was wrong for TSJ to ask XY to wait for him (and to not let anyone else into her heart) for that long in the first place. But once the ask was made, and XY agreed, it seems that it would hurt XY more if he quit part way through.

I'm trying to imagine what it would look like. If, part way through the 15 years, TSJ told XY to forget her promise and to forget him, because extracting himself from his engagement was proving to be more difficult than anticipated, how would XY take that? Especially if he cut himself off from her. Wouldn't she feel like TSJ was giving up on her? Like he was abandoning her, and unwilling to keep trying to be with her, simply because the path was difficult? If he emphasized that she should feel free to find another lover, would she accept that? Even if she did, what would it accomplish? CX couldn't be the partner she wanted. Feng Long couldn't be the partner she wanted. XL/FFB wasn't willing to be the partner she wanted. So where would she be left? Alone and abandoned, with FFB and CX keeping her company at times but unable or unwilling to be the life partner she wanted.

What did Jing accomplish by holding onto to XY?  He still ended up abandoning her.  He still ended up cutting himself off from her several times.  He hurt her far worse, and repeatedly did so.  He ruined her health.  

He made her a hypocrite and discard all her criteria when he made her a sidepiece; when he prioritized his family and clan before her; when he proved unreliable repeatedly.

She could have avoided all of that, and maybe even the pain, given how blase she was about their relationship when she arrived in Haolin and became the princess.  She could have moved on with her life decades earlier, maybe worked on some self healing and  perhaps find someone else.  She could have reassessed her criteria earlier and come to the same conclusion she did when FFB / XL showed her she could breathe water -- what is she waiting for, what was she saving herself for?  Jing had abandoned her and she wasn't bound to any promise -- why NOT kiss FFB / XL?  Why not try to find a relationship with him?  

Heck, she might even had kissed XL when he colluded with A Ninan to 'teach XY a lesson' had the 15 year promise never been made, and not have rejected XL so brutally.

"In chapter 37, XY learned more about the bugs from the Voodoo King. After that visit, she told XL that the bugs connected their lives, so if she was in trouble, he wouldn't get off scot free."

I might be wrong, since I haven't checked the novel în a while, but didn't she know that XL was able to save her from merlin's assasination thanks to their bugs? If that's the case, than I can't belive that XY didn't think of transfering the bug into Jing out of love for him, giving that he too wasn't that safe either, with his brother always on his back. Iirc she was quite worried about his safety on a few ocassions. 

About her intention of removing the bug from CX în order to protect him, I am not sure if that's actually the case. I know that în chapter 31 she said that în order to protect CX she would have done it again, but back then she didn't know that if one dies, the other will die too and her insight / reasoning from chapter 7 sounds a bit differently.  It sounds more about her than about CX. 

"With Xuan’s real identity, that bug might not hurt him, but it was more likely one day it’ll kill Xiao Liu since so many people wanted to kill Xuan. Xiao Liu also didn’t want people to use him anymore against Xuan so was genuinely racking his brains for how to remove it.

windiaaa041293:
And it's not that the author can't write well... but she just doesn't want to do it... maybe it's a form of protest against the heroine for her choice. :)

There is the idea of Authorial Intent and whether it should be part of the interpretation of a work of art. Authorial Intentionalism is the view that an author's intentions should constrain the ways in which a text is properly interpreted. As with anything, it has its critics/opponents.

Tong Hua has given interviews clearly stating that Xiao Yao's choice comes from her psychological shortcomings, so I think it's fair for us to interpret the character's actions through that lens. Can choices that come from psychological shortcoming be healthy? We've also read Tong Hua's numerous views on love, dying after a loved one etc. Whether we want to incorporate that into our interpretation will be up to each reader.

I remembered an interview where Tong Hua stated that she likes story with sad endings because it's more realistic and about how not everyone who loves each other will end up together, that there are times when the cake that is suitable to us is not the cake that we always wanted, but because of personal needs, we pick it (the last part is a paraphrase).

This is essentially the story of LYF, isn't it?

windiaaa041293:
If the heroine's choice is correct, why didn't the author give her a happy ending with affectionate love.

The author is separate from the character. No rule said the main character's choice is good/correct/healthy. The author is responsible for making sure that the character is consistent in the way that they were created. It's possible that the author is trying to convey a message through what they wrote, of course. 

windiaaa041293:
why did the author have to frame Ye Shiqi to cut off his 7 tails?
The nine-tailed fox's vitality was badly damaged when one of its tails was cut off, so he fed Xiaoyao for 30 years to restore its vitality. Let alone the one who cut off all seven tails.

I do find the choice to strip Jing of 7 of his tails interesting. His power was already weak and now it has been effectively neutred. Any danger in the future he would be useless. Why such a drastic choice for Jing? And does this effect his lifespan? Xiao Yao desperate for a long-term companion who won't leave her, what would this mean for her if Jing's lifespan has been drastically shortened.

Tong Hua put Xiao Yao through the wringer and didn't even give her a true happy ending. Instead she got this "not a tragedy deal". Xiao Yao should sue Tong Hua for physical, emotional and mental distress for such an unsatisfactory paid off :-).

Ugh, it’s impossible to find the things we need in these forums >:(

Does anyone have the equivalent chapter where XY says “not the neck” when FFB is in her bedroom? The differences from the novel is what I’m trying to find. Thanks in advance :3

I found this comment a few days ago.but I forgot to save the article link

I said this a long time ago, and it also started when I learned that Tu Shanjing said "I will deal with Xiang Liu", but did not explain clearly how to deal with it later. Then the director turns to Chen Rongjun, who is in the mountains where he has lived for hundreds of years, there is poison, and the water vapor barrier is a miracle that foxes have.

I forgot, is it true that Fenglong said this In the book?

Fenglong stared at Jing for a moment, then suddenly laughed: "I thought you were calm and magnanimous, and acted brilliantly. Every time I saw you I felt ashamed of myself. Turns out you are just a selfish, stingy, dark human! " 書:鳳龍盯著璟看了一會兒,忽然笑道:「我以為你沉穩大度,演技又出色,每次見到你都自愧不如,原來你只是一個自私、小氣的人,黑暗人類!”

nathsketch:

Does anyone have the equivalent chapter where XY says “not the neck” when FFB is in her bedroom? The differences from the novel is what I’m trying to find. Thanks in advance :3

Chapter 17

"Fang Feng Bei had his eyes closed and ignored her and she didn’t light another lamp and instead reached under the covers to touch his hand. She felt his pulse to understand his injuries and realized the pills she gave him earlier had no effect.

Xiao Yao released his hand and laid down beside him, staring at the ceiling.

“Who are you?”

“Who do you want me to be?” Fang Feng Bei coldly answered.

Xiao Yao said nothing and after a long time she spit out “You can be whoever you damn well please!”

Fang Feng Bei half rose up and his head slowly descended, but as his lips were about to touch Xiao Yao’s neck her hand came up “Stop!” and his lips kissed her palm.

Fang Feng Bei immediately laid down but Xiao Yao turned herself to the side and handed him her wrist “Bite here.”

“Why not there?” Fang Feng Bei’s expression was tense.

Xiao Yao started to really miss the easy going, whatever goes, totally game Fang Feng Bei “Why do you think? Fang Feng Bei!”

Fang Feng Bei was quiet for a moment and then reached for Xiao Yao’s hand and two sharp teeth appeared and pierced through her wrist. This was the first time Xiao Yao could see him sucking her blood. There was no pain, only the frisson of cool excitement.

Xiao Yao intently watched Fang Feng Bei but when he glanced over her she immediately closed her eyes docilely! How could it be that she was still scared of him!

After some time, Xiao Yao started to feel dizzy but said nothing. This was Xuan Yuan Castle, he had to heal as quickly as possible!

Fang Feng Bei finished drinking her blood and he gently licked the bite and Xiao Yao’s bleeding stopped. When he put down her wrist, there was no bite anymore and what remained looked like a passionate kiss mark.

Fang Feng Bei softly said “Xiao Yao.”

Xiao Yao couldn’t open her eyes and murmured “I’m fine, you heal now and after I sleep it’ll be fine.”

Fang Feng Bei rummaged through her boxes of medicines and took out a pill and fed it to her.

Fang Feng Bei then laid down and closed his eyes to self-heal.

Xiao Yao slept until it was nearly noon and when she opened her eyes, she immediately looked at Fang Feng Bei. He was still laying there with his eyes closed and she relaxed her worried heart."

nathsketch:

it is in chapter 17

nathsketch:

Chapter 17:

A person suddenly vaulted into her room from the window and then immediately closed it.

The sounds of the chasing soldiers reached her, clearly they were chasing someone.

Xiao Yao didn’t yell, didn’t move, and continued to play with the wine bottle in her hand. She said in a slow drawl “I won’t be taken hostage by you so leave now and find someone else.”

The person didn’t accept her suggestion and walked towards the pallet. Xiao Yao counted to ten but the man arrived at her pallet by the count of ten and still hadn’t collapsed from her poison.

Xiao Yao knew this person must have strong powers if her poison was unable to fell him.

The man lifted up the curtains around her pallet and sat down on it. Xiao Yao said “You may have strong powers but you’re injured. I suggest again you not mess with me.”

The man was wearing a mask and silently staring at Xiao Yao,

Her body tensed and her instinct told her this man was someone she knew well. She reached out, and the man didn’t stop her, and she slowly took off his mask. It was Fang Feng Bei.

Xiao Yao laughed. “I much rather you were making a late night call to my lady’s chamber.”

Fang Feng Bei said nothing and Xiao Yao said, “Can you go find your play buddies? Why come to me?”

“Like you said, they are just play buddies.” Blood trickled from the corner of his lips as Fang Feng Bei replied and he wiped it away.

Xiao Yao was torn and she picked up his wrist and then gave him some of the precious medicines that the Yellow Emperor and the Grand Emperor gave her.

“Lay down.”

Fang Feng Bei laid down on the pallet and Xiao Yao laid down as well and covered them. “My Gege can’t control anything right now and my identity isn’t of much use either. If they insist on searching, there is nothing I can do.”

Fang Feng Bei said nothing and Xiao Yao felt he was very strange tonight. Just as she was mulling it over, a loud ruckus came from outside.

Xiao Yao couldn’t do anything other than wait.

She whispered, “What did you do? You couldn’t have tried to assassinate the Yellow Emperor, did you? No matter how many have tried, they all end up cut down into pieces. You can’t have been that stupid.”

Fang Feng Bei continued to ignore her.

Xiao Yao sighed. “Too bad you’re not a real useless playboy.”

The maid came to knock and Xiao Yao let her knock a few times before answering in a drowsy voice “What is it? What is going on outside?”

It gradually quieted down outside and the two maids left the room and closed the door.

Xiao Yao extinguished the flame and sat on the pallet and released the curtains. She pulled down the blanket and revealed Fang Feng Bei’s head. “Didn’t suffocate to death?”

Fang Feng Bei had his eyes closed and ignored her and she didn’t light another lamp and instead reached under the covers to touch his hand. She felt his pulse to understand his injuries and realized the pills she gave him earlier had no effect.

Xiao Yao released his hand and laid down beside him, staring at the ceiling.

“Who are you?”

“Who do you want me to be?” Fang Feng Bei coldly answered.

Xiao Yao said nothing and after a long time she spit out, “You can be whoever you damn well please!”

Fang Feng Bei half rose up and his head slowly descended, but as his lips were about to touch Xiao Yao’s neck her hand came up “Stop!” and his lips kissed her palm.

Fang Feng Bei immediately laid down, but Xiao Yao turned herself to the side and handed him her wrist. “Bite here.”

“Why not there?” Fang Feng Bei’s expression was tense.

Xiao Yao started to really miss the easy going, whatever goes, totally game Fang Feng Bei. “Why do you think? Fang Feng Bei!”

Fang Feng Bei was quiet for a moment and then reached for Xiao Yao’s hand and two sharp teeth appeared and pierced through her wrist. This was the first time Xiao Yao could see him sucking her blood. There was no pain, only the frisson of cool excitement.

Xiao Yao intently watched Fang Feng Bei but when he glanced over her she immediately closed her eyes docilely. How could it be that she was still scared of him?

After some time, Xiao Yao started to feel dizzy but said nothing. This was Xuan Yuan Castle, he had to heal as quickly as possible.

Fang Feng Bei finished drinking her blood and he gently licked the bite and Xiao Yao’s bleeding stopped. When he put down her wrist, there was no bite anymore and what remained looked like a passionate kiss mark.

Fang Feng Bei softly said, “Xiao Yao.”

Xiao Yao couldn’t open her eyes and murmured, “I’m fine, you heal now and after I sleep it’ll be fine.”

Fang Feng Bei rummaged through her boxes of medicines and took out a pill and fed it to her.

Fang Feng Bei then laid down and closed his eyes to self-heal.

Thanks AH, I knew you would come faster than Chubby ❤️

Dang it. The “frisson of cool excitement” will never not be cool. Ooof.

nathsketch:

blabla100:
Chapter 17

"

H19279:
it is in chapter 17

AH :
Chapter 17:

Lol, looks like we all have it ready to go. ^^

nathsketch:
Thanks AH, I knew you would come faster than Chubby ❤️

But not as fast as blabla100! ^^

Thanks Blabla! And H19279! ❤️❤️❤️