HeadInTheClouds:
Thanks for sharing liddi. I just want to clarify; are these details about a second epilogue to the novel or is it about the drama? If it's for the novel, then there might be some merits, but for the drama then there are far too many details that are missing in the drama for it to even be a possibility.

2nd epilogue to the novel. I thought the mention of the Guifang clan was an interesting angle.

The poster was using Tong Hua's refusal to elaborate on the 2nd reason, as a hint as to why the 2nd epilogue showed her with his son. I'm not sure I want to go there.

Kokuto:
Regardless, there's no doubt that XL is the lovesickness that will forever live in XY's heart.   This clip from the end of season 2, shows she may be leaving with Jing, but take a look at what is clasped to her heart.

https://www.tiktok.com/@zimicambodian/video/7261833587601853697?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc&web_id=7254869154509915691

Okay, that just got me tearing up. Never noticed that detail even though I had seen this clip before. Thank you for sharing.

blabla100:

@liddi @MySiFeng

Do you guys at least remember what that supposed epilogue was about? I am so curious. 

I have posted the details I could glean about the extra epilogue. Again... I won't put much stock in it unless someone can clearly confirm it is true. 

H19279:

@Liddi,

I just finished reading a fantic which some similar detail like this. 

Link please. I remember stumbling on it but couldn't find it again.

Thanks!

liddi:

2nd epilogue to the novel. I thought the mention of the Guifang clan was an interesting angle.

The poster was using Tong Hua's refusal to elaborate on the 2nd reason, as a hint as to why the 2nd epilogue showed her with his son. I'm not sure I want to go there.

If it's about the novel, then there are some merits. I can see her originally including more about the Guifang Clan and Hong Jiang, but then cutting them from the final edit of the story. I did wonder about the relationship between the Guifeng Clan and Xiang Liu in the novel. This clan was highly secretive and didn't play with the other clans; it would have been some interesting stories from them.

The thing is why would Xiang Liu want to use his Demon Core to bring back the real Feng Fong Bei? To use his body as a vessel? If that's the case then why would the Guifeng Clan seal his memories?

As for the Ruler of the Underworld, is this the usual Ruler of The Underworld that popped up in CDrama or is it someone entirely different? It's a shame that we didn't get the entire world of this universe that Tong Hua planned. I don't think it's likely that she will revisit this universe again.

liddi:

I am very confused about that part. How does 37 years have anything to do with her having his son decades later. I keep reading that but I don't understand how it works at all. That's also leaving aside the ooc nature of it.

Yes, can anyone guess what the second reason is. I think someone said it was because he started to push her away but what the hidden reason used to relieve her boredom must be some sort of deep easter egg.

With the Guifang clan, I thought it was related to his adopted father. Does anyone who has read once promise know?

liddi:

Okay, that just got me tearing up. Never noticed that detail even though I had seen this clip before. Thank you for sharing.

I have posted the details I could glean about the extra epilogue. Again... I won't put much stock in it unless someone can clearly confirm it is true. 

Oh thank you so much, liddi, I apreciate it a lot! Dunno exactly what to belive, I am still thinking :D

I am curious though, what do you guys think that the second reason is? 

@MengXiang

"I think someone said it was because he started to push her away"

That's what I thought too. He wasn't there when she woke up and he sent her back.  

MengXiang:
I am very confused about that part. How does 37 years have anything to do with her having his son decades later. I keep reading that but I don't understand how it works at all. That's also leaving aside the ooc nature of it.

No. Assuming I interpret their theory correctly, the healing process involves sexual intercourse. Remember that there was a second healing process on Jade Mountain after she committed suicide. I presume that they theorised she was with child after that. 

In any case, I don't feel that this is something Xiang Liu would ever do - remember Sir Bi spoke specifically about his heart which is clearer than glass. And I find it hard to believe this could have happened during the 37 years without her realising it after she woke up, since we have no indication that anything like that ever happened from her POV.

blabla100:

Oh thank you so much, liddi, I apreciate it a lot! Dunno exactly what to belive, I am still thinking :D

I am curious though, what do you guys think that the second reason is? 

@MengXiang

That's what I thought too. He wasn't there when she woke up and he sent her back.  

Yeah but that reason doesn't seem to align with her comment. I feel her comment relates to some sneaky hidden thread. 

That reason seemed to obvious and  not something worth holding. 

Maybe it related to unpublished work and scenes. However I doubt she would dare to publish anything XL related. Too much fan wars and back lash.

blabla100:
@MengXiang

Yes, that is my opinion too. The fact that from there on, he was going to systematically distance himself away from her, starting from the fact that he refused to show his face when she woke up, and had Furball bring her back without even a word from him.

liddi:

No. Assuming I interpret their theory correctly, the healing process involves sexual intercourse. Remember that there was a second healing process on Jade Mountain after she committed suicide. I presume that they theorised she was with child after that. 

In any case, I don't feel that this is something Xiang Liu would ever do - remember Sir Bi spoke specifically about his heart which is clearer than glass. And I find it hard to believe this could have happened during the 37 years without her realising it after she woke up, since we have no indication that anything like that ever happened from her POV.

Yes. Xiao Yao had awareness during the 37 years healing that if they were physically intimate, she would have known. 

liddi:
. I thought the mention of the Guifang clan was an interesting angle.

In chapter 26, Guifang's support was surpised for people who attended CX's wedding. 

The biggest surprise was the arrival of the mysterious Gui Fang clan. It was a clan that no one dared to cross and they would mysteriously traverse the vast wilderness without leaving any signs. The clan appeared uninterested in anything the other clans cared about but this time one of its disciples brought a very extravagant wedding gift – Nine Stalks Soul Reversing Grass. When the present was presented, everyone present fell silent. Nine was the most illustrious number, so the Gui Fang clan appeared to be showing its respect to Zhuan Xu. The way everyone saw it, the Gui Fang clan also seemed to have chosen to support Zhuan Xu. (Chapter 26).

It seems that that clan has some tool or knew method for ressurection

@MengXiang

"Yeah but that reason doesn't seem to align with her comment. I feel her comment relates to some sneaky hidden thread."

Yes, I understand what you mean and I agree.  

liddi:

Even more confused with that logic. Wasn't the second time quick? That's putting aside the other problematic nature of it all. She would know and Jing too... Sounds like fanfic.

Thinking of the top of my head him giving her his demon core to turn her part demon is more plausible than that. 

His doesn't want to possess. That's specifically started in novel and the contrasting point with Jing.

在《山海经》里,相柳也不是死于蓐收之手。传说九命相柳有九张真容八十一个化身、相柳鬼方氏的名牌、夭柳都和玉山有渊源、九颗九转还魂草……

@HeadInTheClouds

"And bloody hell, imagine the author implying that her favourite male character had sex with an unconscious woman after her attempt suicide." 

I don't really want to debate this subject, because I know it is quite a sensitive one for a lot of people, but let's just say that even if that was what happened, I would assume that XL had no other choice than to do that în order to save her life.