H19279:
Xiang Liu fed his essential soul blood to Xiao Yao, and different than before where it felt like warm flames that chased away the coldness of death in Xiao Yao’s body, tonight his essential soul blood was a raging inferno that scorched Xiao Yao. It was colliding in her body and appeared to rip her insides to shreds before slowly bonding it back together.

Xiao Yao couldn’t cry out but her body violently shook. Gradually her hands could move, her legs could move, and then she painfully cried out as all the soul essence entered her body and she passed out in the midst of unbearable pain. (Chapter 22)

I think the moment her soul seperated from her body was describled as "she died" 

It is not soul essence, but her spiritual consciousness, which finally merged fully with her physical body, enabling her to wake up fully.

This is the original text:

相柳说:“今晚我要唤醒你了。”

相柳把自己的本命精血喂给小夭,和以前不同,如果以前他的精血是温暖的小火焰,能驱开小夭身体内死亡带来的冰冷,那么今夜,他的精血就是熊熊烈火,在炙烤着小夭。它们在她体内乱冲乱撞,好似把她的身体炸裂成一片片,又一点点糅合在一起。

小夭喊不出、叫不出,身体在剧烈地颤抖。渐渐地,她的手能动了,她的腿能动了,终于,她痛苦地尖叫了一声,所有神识融入身体,在极度的痛苦中昏死过去。

Xiang Liu said, "Tonight I am going to wake you up."

Xiang Liu fed Xiao Yao his own essential life blood to Xiao Yao, but it was different from before. In the past, his essential blood were like small warm flames which drove away the coldness brought by death from Xiao Yao's body, but tonight, his essential blood was like a raging inferno, scorching Xiao Yao. It collided wildly inside her body and appeared to shatter her body into pieces before blending it back together little by little.

Xiao Yao could neither scream nor cry out as her body shook violently. Gradually, her hands could move, her legs could move. At last, she screamed in pain as all her spiritual consciousness merged into her body, and she passed out in the midst of the overwhelming agony.

-- Vol 2 Ch5  (Chapter 22)

A tour of the set of Qingshui town. So good to see familiar sights like the Lirong donkey-meat seller's place, Hui Chun clinic, etc. 

We will be back to Qingshui town again in S2, after Fangfeng Bei takes Xiao Yao away from her wedding, the outskirts of the town where Xiang Liu dies, and Cang Xuan returning to Qingshui town incognito with A Nian hoping to bump into Xiao Yao after she and Jing left post-wedding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndNym4RlDvc

nathsketch:

This Harvard/Oxford/Sorbonne thread of ours is getting so famous that many of the excerpts here are being shamelessly posted on the Fox Lair™ lol

All this in-depth analysis must be causing some discomfort :D :P

I glanced over there. You guys, they screenshot/copy & paste what we say and post it on their thread ^^

windiaaa041293:

Seeing your comment I immediately visited the thread... it seems like they are trying to find a way to distort the facts...LOL

Now they're saying we're delulu and we're the ones distorting the facts.

Elise:

Once in a while, maybe you can comment on their post, how to read the Sauvignon Blanc book according to the instructions given by Tonghua.

"Everything is just a line of grass and snakes, stretching for thousands of miles."

"Is what we can see with our naked eyes really the truth?"

Elise:

That's ok. Just keep it locked up there. Let us enjoy it discussion here.

nathsketch:

This Harvard/Oxford/Sorbonne thread of ours is getting so famous that many of the excerpts here are being shamelessly posted on the Fox Lair™ lol

All this in-depth analysis must be causing some discomfort :D :P

I think they were lured to the separate thread covering poems in chapter titles that H19279 created.

Either way, as someone in their thread mentioned, interpretations are subjective. As such, it is regrettable to see efforts to mock an interpretation that does not agree with their own, particularly if one is able to provide sufficient compelling evidence to support it. Not to mention that these analyses and interpretations were neither done on the main thread, nor encroaching into their individual threads. In an ideal world, we would be having mature, intelligent discussions or indulging in silliness without feeling the need to attack each other, even if we have differing opinions. 

Elise:

I glanced over there. You guys, they screenshot/copy & paste what we say and post it on their thread ^^

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha 

I knew there was going to be a day when this gif would be serving its purpose. The day has finally come!

Ok, but let me enjoy a moment of shameless self-pride and say that one of my favorite accounts on Instagram has posted my comment as a sort of news source hahahaha

That's right y'all. This is my new job. Reporting on Tan. 

Now I need to get closer to report it more accurately LMAO

nathsketch:
Ok, but let me enjoy a moment of shameless self-pride and say that one of my favorite accounts on Instagram has posted my comment as a sort of news source hahahaha

Congratulations! 

I am still waiting impatiently to see the nod to Xiang Liu in your illustration.

liddi:

Congratulations! 

I am still waiting impatiently to see the nod to Xiang Liu in your illustration.

Thank you! Oh yes, I finished the book yesterday and now I'm waiting for approval :)

Lol a nod is somewhat of an understatement hehe

nathsketch:

Thank you! Oh yes, I finished the book yesterday and now I'm waiting for approval :)

Lol a nod is somewhat of an understatement hehe 

Awesome! Really hope approval comes soon and you're able to share it with us!

Understatement sounds perfect. The more the better.

liddi:

Awesome! Really hope approval comes soon and you're able to share it with us!

Understatement sounds perfect. The more the better.

Yes!! I can't wait to see it published :)

Tong Hua likes to keep things hidden, but I don't hahaha

liddi:

I think they were lured to the separate thread covering poems in chapter titles that H19279 created.

Either way, as someone in their thread mentioned, interpretations are subjective. As such, it is regrettable to see efforts to mock an interpretation that does not agree with their own, particularly if one is able to provide sufficient compelling evidence to support it. Not to mention that these analyses and interpretations were neither done on the main thread, nor encroaching into their individual threads. In an ideal world, we would be having mature, intelligent discussions or indulging in silliness without feeling the need to attack each other, even if we have differing opinions. 

Yes. We do probably over-analyse here. But I think that's just part of the fun. Engagement with any work of art is inherently subjective, IMO. We all have our biases, some of us are more conservative in our interpretation while others take things further. As long as we're not pushing our view on others, where's the harm?  I don't harbour any ill feelings towards people who like Jing or YaoJing; it's just different strokes for different folks. I just wish there weren't personal attacks being thrown our way as a collective.  These shipping wars are silly.

I was at the peak of my annoyance with LYF and XY last week. But, I've actually found a way to interpret this book that, surprisingly, has nothing to do with romance. This approach makes a lot of sense to me and puts to rest some of the issues that I was having with this story.

nathsketch:

Yes!! I can't wait to see it published :)

Tong Hua likes to keep things hidden, but I don't hahaha

Your publishing a book of illustrations with Xiang Liu as one of the main subjects?

That's so cool.