I never cared it was a loosing game, I‘ve read the novel before I started the drama, I knew the end and I embrace it and still love them together the most 🤷🏼‍♀️

spitfiremichaela:

I never cared it was a loosing game, I‘ve read the novel before I started the drama, I knew the end and I embrace it and still love them together the most 🤷🏼‍♀️

ditto

I know how he ends, but the journey is still beautiful to watch 

Like I think he can die fulfilled because he got to experience the greatest love and giving it to her even if their time was short, it was enough. 

chase_kayden:

@TurboMuffin   Yup, I know all those you highlighted while watching the drama.

I'm just waiting for her engagement with Feng Long and the things that will transpire from there. I'm guessing that's gonna be in S2. So gonna be a long wait.

sorry i kinda got lost in my own analysis/discussion and I dunno how I end up where i end up lol

tomorrow's episodes is gonna be EPIC GET TISSUES READY! then agonise waiting over the weeked for new episodes >.<

Sirry Usly:

I really hope they don't skip how devastated she was at XL's death. I really liked that scene as it not only showed how much he meant to her but how much she loved him. I hope they do a good job conveying that cause I'll be slightly disappointed if it's edited out ngl. 

I don't think they would edit it out coz that was actually kind of important, right? Leading to the ending.

Well, I didn't read the novel but already know the ending from someone before diving into the drama.

That didn't stop me at all. Guess it's coz of TJC's charm as well :)

chase_kayden:

I don't think they would edit it out coz that was actually kind of important, right? Leading to the ending.

Tbh idk. Cause there might be some changes in season 2 that make sense to edit it out? I'm hoping you are correct. 

spitfiremichaela:

I'm ok with the end, but I just would want him to die knowing that she loved him deeply... Otherwise, it would just seem so cruel, and ridiculous given all that he did for her... like it didn't justify...

I know it’s cruel to us readers, but I keep thinking he was ok with this end. Perhaps it’s better she never knows, otherwise all his sacrifices would be for nothing. But I had to grow to that opinion, I was broken hearted at the end of the epilogue that she never got to know. I am of the same opinion Yangzi is, if he would have confessed his feelings are not just a game but they are genuine, the ending would likely be different. 

I have been hearing this new song and thinking about XL . it would be perfect for a XL fan video 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cvjowvzgz1f/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

tofuscramble:

I'm ok with the end, but I just would want him to die knowing that she loved him deeply... Otherwise, it would just seem so cruel, and ridiculous given all that he did for her... like it didn't justify...

Agreed with this. I do hope the drama at least give a better ending for XL, he should at least sacrifice as a happy man and not just do all these things one sided and not knowing how XY does also love him too. 

Just a quick qns for novel readers, I k ow some have shared that XY does love XL, but she also never said it. Can share some thoughts on how we know she does truly loves him and not afraid of him.? 
Like the latest ep XY made poison cuisine for XL because she knew she anger him by using him to make TSJ jealous. Will she has more behaviour to show she does love him? 

Thanks for replying in advance.

spitfiremichaela:

I think how it ended was exactly what made so many others and myself love it so much. I've read a lot of novels over the years and tragedies tend to make a deeper and longer lasting impression. I can confidently say all of my favorites of anything are all tragedies LOL 

Sirry Usly:

Tbh idk. Cause there might be some changes in season 2 that make sense to edit it out? I'm hoping you are correct. 

I hope they don't edit the important ones. Editing out XY's reaction to XL's death would be disregarding XL's efforts and sacrifices for her. 

But we can only hope.

Although it frustrates me that XL kept everything he did for XY a secret, I also understand why. We can't actually blame anyone or anything, even him for that matter, because it's a choice he made for himself. It was his characterization. It was his essence. We all make our own choices in life, he made his. He did it for XY, but most importantly, he did it for himself.

Perhaps if he had a different childhood or a different life, things would have been totally different.

chase_kayden:

I hope they don't edit the important ones. Editing out XY's reaction to XL's death would be disregarding XL's efforts and sacrifices for her. 

But we can only hope.

Yes, that should be included in the drama.  Especially the epilogue.  They did film for the scene where XL fell in the battle.

spitfiremichaela:

Have you guys seen this video of TJC, someone has done a really good job with the editing, it’s only missing the English lyrics 

https://weibo.com/3606929931/NdP9GDGHa

This was great! THX for sharing :) What a killer smile. TJC doesn't just act in the drama he is a great performer when he has the stage, he soars. I have noticed YZ and all the four MLs have each unique and wonderful smiles. Well among them, XL has a pure but foxy smile.