windiaaa041293:

Has anyone watched My Journey to You?

Yes, worth watching. The second couple stole the show, IMO. 

H19279:
the closing stage of both even, the moon was obscured, the sky was dark. They were the fullmoon, bright moonlight of each other. In chapter 46, XY swore not to see him in life anymore. She stepped out of his life. The moonlight was gone, reflecting in his eyes. And in chapter 13, that moment when XL looked at the black sky, the moon seemed to be obscured. Does it imply that for XL the moon of WXL had gone. He realized that WXL didn't exist in life anymore. 

Interesting analysis - thank you for pointing it out and my heart aches unbearably because of it. The full moon bore witness to so many key points in their life - hand in hand watching the moon rise, the 37 years under the ocean when he healed her, that last night when he brought her up to watch it before waking her up; saving her from the whirlpool in his true form after the albatross demon's assassination attempt; saving her after her suicide attempt at Jade Mountain. And it also marked the days when first Xiao Liu, then Xiao Yao were finally gone from his life. 

windiaaa041293:

Has anyone watched My Journey to You?

Watched that too. It was good, until the last few episodes which dragged on unnecessarily with ludicrous results. Love the sibling chemistry between Gong Shang Jue and Gong Yuan Zhi far more than any of the couples. I personally feel that Zhang Linghe's breakout performance was in Story of Kunning Palace rather than My Journey to You.

@blabla100 I still remember your recommendation for The Untamed. Have watched snippets of it here and there, but not the entire drama yet. I skipped and watched Xue Yang/Xiao Xingchen's arc because I love Zhou Shen's breathtaking rendition of Xue Yang's character theme 荒城渡.

Next up will be TJC's Love Me Love My Voice, which hopefully eases the ache from Lost You Forever a little.

@liddi

"Love the sibling chemistry between Gong Shang Jue and Gong Yuan Zhi far more than any of the couple"

I loved them too, I was so rooting for them, I would have hated it if something bad were to happen to either of them. Their bromance was fantastic, indeed. Not really a fan of Zhang Linghe, I do like him, but Idk, he is just not my type, I think. Haven't watched SOKP and don't know if I will. 

About the untamed, really, it is amazing and it is a pity to miss it out. Wuxian is epic, both of them are. I never got bored watching this drama, for me it was really addicted. 

Not going to watch love me love my voice either, not my cup of tea. I do hope for winner is king, but don't belive it will get released any time soon. 

blabla100:
Not going to watch love me love my voice either, not my cup of tea. I do hope for winner is king, but don't belive it will get released any time soon. 

Saccharine sweet romances are not my cup of tea either, but I'll give it a try for TJC. Apparently there are scenes where he is dressed in ancient costumes, reminiscent of Winner is King, so I am curious how that one plays out. Perhaps it has to do with a drama they were voicing for. Definitely wish we get Winner is King, though the hope of it being released seems woefully slim.

Will give The Untamed a go one day though the thought of scaling 50 episodes feels rather daunting.  Do give Story of Kunning Palace a go as well - I didn't expect to enjoy it, but it has been great thus far. Not to mention there are only 38 episodes, which in the grand scheme of things, is pretty much bite-sized.

I am really hoping to see the entire LYF cast again on H!6 when S2 does air. In the good old days, we would already have finished watching the entire drama and be finally able to move on, or fall into a greater state of melancholy. Closure. I need closure.

@blabla100 dan @liddi

After watching LYF, there was a lot of buzz on TikTok My journey to you, I was also interested in the second couple. but seriously, after watching LYF, I haven't watched any more CDramas or KDramas. Even though there are lots of new drama updates. Hufttt...

My days, I spend here with you guys

@liddi

Xue Yang/Xiao Xingchen's arc from the untamed was amazing, it hit me to the core!  "The boy who loved candy, and lost the only one sweeter than it."   

I have yet to finish my dearest, but maybe I will try out a few episodes of SOKP after, people keep talking about it.  Never seen nirvana în fire, so I was thinking to give it a go, altough I am not a huge fan of Hu Ge. Or maybe rise of the phoenix. 

@windiaaa

Yea, LYF did hit different, but if you haven't already please give the untamed a try! I know it is not a good idea to get into a new drama while you are still stuck into the last one, because you will probably not going to enjoy it to the fullest, but just try it out. I know I keep praising the untamed, but it really is an amazing drama. 

blabla100:

@liddi

Xue Yang/Xiao Xingchen's arc from the untamed was amazing, it hit me to the core!  "The boy who loved candy, and lost the only one sweeter than it."   

I have yet to finish my dearest, but maybe I will try out a few episodes of SOKP after, people keep talking about it.  Never seen nirvana în fire, so I was thinking to give it a go, altough I am not a huge fan of Hu Ge. Or maybe rise of the phoenix. 

@windiaaa

Yea, LYF did hit different, but if you haven't already please give the untamed a try! I know it is not a good idea to get into a new drama while you are still stuck into the last one, because you will probably not going to enjoy it to the fullest, but just try it out. I know I keep praising the untamed, but it really is an amazing drama. 

yes... my older sister also recommended untamed.. she said it was good. every time I asked, she always answered untamed.LOL

windiaaa041293:

yes... my older sister also recommended untamed.. she said it was good. every time I asked, she always answered untamed.LOL

Between My journey to you and the untamed I'd definetely go with the untamed. I can't call myself a bl fan, but the untamed really had something special. 

blabla100:
I have yet to finish my dearest, but maybe I will try out a few episodes of SOKP after, people keep talking about it.  Never seen nirvana în fire, so I was thinking to give it a go, altough I am not a huge fan of Hu Ge. Or maybe rise of the phoenix. 

Oh Nirvana in Fire 1 and 2 are both excellent and highly recommended. Just be prepared to be heartbroken. I particularly love NiF2 with Liu Haoran and Huang Xiaoming because it epitomises the ideals in every relationship, and so when it is lost, it just devastates that much more. I am so thrilled that Zhang Wanyi has been slated for NiF3, and can't wait for it to be released. Rise of the Phoenixes is great too, though I did not like how it concluded, which felt like a different story from how it started. Royal Nirvana is an excellent drama too, though it is a very painful watch. Its soundtrack is recycled in LBFAD and Love You Seven Times since it boasts the same composer Roc Chen.

Is NiF2 good?

Because I rmbr this was one of avenueX’s fav show but I can’t get into Huang Xiao Ming.

For Rise of Phoenixes, agree with Liddi, that show was awesome except for the last 10 episodes. The characters literally did 180 personality flip lol. But in RoP, you will get to see how the ML can be cunning and kind at same time. Awesome.

MySiFeng:
Is NiF2 good?

Because I rmbr this was one of avenueX’s fav show but I can’t get into Huang Xiao Ming.

It is excellent, and ranks up there among my favourite dramas of all time. I too had massive misgivings when I heard he was in it, but he was excellent as the oldest son of the Changlin prince Xiao Pingzhang, and I loved every minute he was in it - as a husband, a son, a loving older brother. Please do give it a try. 孙淳 Sun Chun's Changlin prince Xiao Tingsheng is my favourite character, and his character arc broke me. If you have watched NiF1, you will recognise him as the young boy whom Mei Changsu saved from slavery. Even if you haven't, it does not take away the appreciation of the drama in any way.

blabla100:

Honestly if I was a Jinger I would have been even more unsatisfied with how the story unfolded, that doubt would have been at the back of my mind no matter what. She loves him, she loves him not... At least regarding XL the bugs do stand as a testimony. 

If I started out liking Jing because I believed that he was the perfect, wonderful man like his moniker Qing Qiu Gentleman made him out to be, I would be pissed that Tong Hua had deceived me. The way she gradually flipped his image onto its head throughout the novel was brutal. By the end of the novel, he was thoroughly emasculated and undignified. To add insult to injury, Xiao Yao's constant back-and-forth with him doesn't exactly scream deep, passionate love either. In fact, it seems Xiao Yao's commitment to their relationship typically coincides with some kind of rejection from Xiang Liu.

The way Jing's glowing reputation doesn't match up to his less-than-glowing actions vs. Xiang Liu's honourable righteousness beneath the "demonic" reputation is a bit like the real vs. unreal theme that was mentioned in conjunction with Dream of The Red Chamber.

windiaaa041293:

6. The story of Qingshui town is like a summary of the entire novel, similar to the story of Zhen Shi Yin's family in Dream of the Red Chamber.

Curious... Can the summary of the story from Dream of the Red Chamber be seen from the story of Zhen Shi Yin's family in Dream of the Red Chamber?

So what's are people thoughts on this? How is the early story in Qingshui Town a foreshadowing of the entire novel? 

I thought maybe it's about how by the end of the novel, Xiao Yao and Jing have reverted back to their dynamic of Wen Xiao Liu and 17 at the beginning of the novel; with him being entirely dependent on her. 

The other one is that Tian Er's story is a foreshadowing of how the other characters also ended up betting that they'll get a good enough life if they compromise and try hard enough to make things work.

liddi:

It is excellent, and ranks up there among my favourite dramas of all time. I too had massive misgivings when I heard he was in it, but he was excellent as the oldest son of the Changlin prince Xiao Pingzhang, and I loved every minute he was in it - as a husband, a son, a loving older brother. Please do give it a try. 孙淳 Sun Chun's Changlin prince Xiao Tingsheng is my favourite character, and his character arc broke me. If you have watched NiF1, you will recognise him as the young boy whom Mei Changsu saved from slavery. Even if you haven't, it does not take away the appreciation of the drama in any way.

I've avoided Nirvana in Fire 2 because of my undying love for the first one despite the glowing review for it. I didn't think I could watch it without comparison or that feeling of melancholy - of looking out for the shadows of the previous characters. Maybe there has been enough time passed for me to watch it without the dreaded comparison.