@H19279

I agree with your opinion, previously I posted Yao Liu from Grandpa Huangdi's perspective. Grandpa is Yaoliu's biggest melon.

blabla100:
she was feeling a bit guilty towards Jing

I don't understand this aspect of her psychology. It's clearly it's Jing and CX fault in their trouble: Jing with FFYY and CX ordered to kill Jing. 

In both cases , she blamed herself that kind of half their mistake is hers. 

What kind of thinking is that? Very protective attitude for closed ones (to her).

@MengXiang

"TH message posted by @W and @liddi says something along the lines of she didn't think love was everything in life." 

I interpret this QUOTE differenly. Not that XY never found complete love, because IMO she did for sure, but that love alone can't make up for everything else în life, thus her ending with Jing allows her to experience all the other things that otherwise she couldn't had have if her choice was "love", such as living a long and peaceful life, having babies, enjoying a simple day to day life 

liddi:

Very true. As Fangfeng Bei, he was more deferent to her whims. When she realised he was Xiang Liu, she cared more how he felt, and would try to coax him when she knew he was angry. It is quite telling that Xiang Liu is the only one among her suitors with whom she tried to please, while the rest were always trying to please her. Likewise, Xiang Liu was the only one whom she took the initiative and mustered the courage to express her feelings, unlike the rest whom she waited for to prove their devotion and sincerity to her.

Xiang Liu is Xiao Yao's "exception":

Anyone who is CX's enemy is her enemy. Except for XL

Anyone who attempts to harm CX, she will not goes easy on them. Except for XL

CX is the most important person to her and she won't choose anyone over him. Except for XL

No matter how good something is, if it's not worth it anymore, she'll give it up. Except for XL

She does not retain anyone's images in her special mirror. Except for XL

She won't be the first to confess her feelings to anyone. Except for XL

She choose to associate with those who are weaker and dependent on her so they won't leave her. Except for XL

What else did I miss?

You can be rational and logical all you want, but the minute you get bitten by the love bug all your principles go out the window. Girlfriend got it bad and she doesn't even realize it. 

I don't know for sure what actually causes Xiaoyao to experience insomnia, but there are several articles that say it has something to do with XL. But what I know for sure is that when Xiaoyao was with XL, her insomnia suddenly disappeared, she could even sleep soundly, have sweet dreams and laugh. laugh out loud..??

windiaaa041293:

@H19279

I agree with your opinion, previously I posted Yao Liu from Grandpa Huangdi's perspective. Grandpa is Yaoliu's biggest melon.

Speaking of which, @liddi : in the S2 leaked script does XL realize that the Yellow Emperor/Grand Emperor/CX trying to bring him to abandon Chenrong at all costs is suspicious? Are they elements that can support that XL understands that they do that for XY and, by extention, that XY loves him just like Ah Heng loved Chi You? Even knowing that if XL understood this and realised that it would give him a chance to be with XY, it won't change his mind and the ending he chose for him.

Because in the novel I didn't feel like it, given that there had been numerous attempts to poach him (I might be wrong, @AH ?). 

@liddi and @AH, you're in great demand, I hope it's not too much of an imposition...

There is no mention of love in every word, he is everywhere. The seashell pearl lamp holds a lotus lamp, and the left ear is the young Xiangliu. The maids around him are all named Coral, which are all related to the sea. Even the perfume used by Xiaoyao and Miao Pu is called "Dream", which is the name of Fangfeng Bei and her. There are so many images to dig into when we go shopping to buy perfume together.

At night, by Yaochi.

Xiaotian was dressed in pure white clothes, with her hair loosely tied up, and her feet dangling in the air. She was sitting on the railing of the waterside pavilion, staring blankly at the moon reflected in the blue waves.

Bijun walked through the blooming peach blossom forest, walked into the waterside pavilion, and said to Xiaotian: "Your Majesty has not said to

Bijun had no choice but to leave and walk into the peach forest

Finally, he looked back and saw Xiaotian still sitting in the waterside pavilion in a daze. Under the cold moonlight, she was all alone. Thinking that this picture will last for thousands of years, Bijun couldn't help but sigh.

@windiaaa041293

"Even the perfume used by Xiaoyao and Miao Pu is called "Dream", which is the name of Fangfeng Bei and her"

Yes, if I am not mistaken, she made that perfume for herself when she used to hang out with FFBei and she named it Dream. She eventually gave it to MiaoPu to use it. 

liddi:
《Eternally Yearning for Each Other》(English title: Lost You Forever) -- A Mutual Love That Cannot be Together, Yet Unable to Be Forgotten

This just screams XL. XY ended up with Jing, so the cannot be together part is not applicable. She and CX doesn't have mutual (romantic) love, so it doesn't apply to him either. The love is mutual, not unrequited. Someone send this to the drama team, maybe it's not too late for them to fix the second season.

Also liddi; thanks for the link to your translation of the "who do you want to marry" conversation between XL and XY. I'm curious as to the wording of the last question. In my translation, the term that was used is "whom do you want to travel side by side with" (sorry, this is a literal translation as I'm not a translator). The implication with this particular wording is a companion that will walk through life together with you, side by side. We know that XL as FFB is the one that XY spent time with experiencing and enjoying the world. This wording is also a throwback to an earlier conversation between XY and FFB about the difficulty of finding someone to walk together with through life.

blabla100:

@MengXiang

"TH message posted by @W and @liddi says something along the lines of she didn't think love was everything in life." 

I interpret this QUOTE differenly. Not that XY never found complete love, because IMO she did for sure, but that love alone can't make up for everything else în life, thus her ending with Jing allows her to experience all the other things that otherwise she couldn't had have if her choice was "love", such as living a long and peaceful life, having babies, enjoying a simple day to day life 

I agree with your interpretation. 

What I was trying to say was that thinking about it, I feel she doesn't have a complete love. She still lived a happy and full life but love wasn't really something she ended up with. In my opinion this isn't a true HE for her. 

nathsketch:
Also, the wedding night hahaha. Bells on, alright. An entire orchestra.

Hell yeah! Bells, whistles and the entire orchestra. These days, most people are already physically intimate before the wedding, but back then, with all the rules and etiquette and all the suppressed longing. Not even wild horses could have dragged me away from jumping my man's bone the minute that I could. Lol. And there's XY, sleeping her way through the wedding night *snort*.

blabla100:

@HeadInTheClouds

I got your point since your last post and honestly that is what my intuition as a person who did read a fair share of books told me as well when I finished reading lyf. I felt confused because on one hand TH's characters said one thing (I love Jing) but on the other hand TH was showing us something else (I love XL), she devoted most of the romantic details to XL-XY. It's conflicting the way she is making us think versus the way she is making us feel.  After that I got caught up into text analysis and I did change my view on some points, but I see where you are coming from and deep down I feel the same. Windiaaa posted a very good article that basically explained the story from the author's point of view and it was very similar to your take. Too bad I can't find it ATM, the translation is not the best, but for me it wasn't that hard to understand it, since english is not my first language. 

Text analysis is not my typical mode of reading unless I'm reading a piece of literature that lends itself to more serious analysis. LYF is no Crimes and Punishment (it's a lot more fun to read for a start), although that doesn't mean that you can't analyze it. I think what it comes down to is the lens through which you read the novel. To me, LYF, at its core is a romance novel. All the debate and discussion is about the romance. No one is discussing CX (the supposed male lead) and his quest for the throne. And that aspect of the story isn't exactly well done either, IMO. Even Once Promised was more exciting in its politics/war aspects. So as a romance novel, reading LYF through that lens, using all the tropes and cliches of the genre to interpret is appropriate. 

Your comment about the conflict between what XY said and how she behaves is what I mean in my comment about the author dropping hints that we have to put together. I think that in parts because XY as a character lacks awareness and insight into her own feelings. Throughout the novel, she never really looks into her own heart to examine her feelings for XL or Jing. We seeing her behavior probably have a better understanding of her feelings than she does.

If you can find the article that you mentioned, I would really like to take a look.

@HeadInTheClouds

"LYF is no Crimes and Punishment"

Lol, you just mentioned another of my favs, alongside with wuttering heights and gone with the wind.  Let me look for that article, see if I can find it. 

@blabla100

Even Mr. Ah Bi knows that they love each other, and the person Xiaoyao misses is himself (xl)