We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 blimarch:

I feel sick and nauseous, I wanna roll in my bed but I don't have the adequate gif to vent my sorrow. Please, help @nathsketch @Elise

These gifs are what I'm feeling right now

me reading that they gave all the tender moments to YaoJing:

me reading the script and what they're doing with Xiang Liu:

liddi:
XL (teasing): Why don't you ask the question in reverse. If I died, would you be able to live?

OMG OMG OMG

Can I answer?! I have the answer!

liddi:
Leaked script Ch16 (S2 Ep24) >> you have been warned <<

Episode 24??? I might have missed something. Does that mean there's more than 21 episodes?

Elise:
Episode 24???

LOL I missed this completely. Are we back to the original episode count?

Elise:

Episode 24??? I might have missed something. Does that mean there's more than 21 episodes? 

No, The way I see it, S1 was meant to end with Xiao Yao's death at Plum Forest and being brought to the ocean by Xiang Liu. However, because S1 had an additional 9 episodes when it aired, the original script episode numbers are no longer relevant.

nathsketch:

LOL I missed this completely. Are we back to the original episode count?

Never mind.

Thanks @Elise @nathsketch I feel a bit exorcised :D

AH :
You're making me think... didn't TJC say XL's iconic line on one of the variety shows they did? He said the full piece about giving her a means of protecting herself, a person to rely on and a place to go, didn't he?

I'm pretty sure all three were also mentioned in XL's bonus video love letter. 

He did say one of his iconic lines and it was mentioned in the bonus video but I just personally feel that based on the potential script...many viewers will not view it this way. All season long people who read the book have been talking about all the things XL has done for XY and Jing but now it's just Jing and the other two are a bit vague I feel like. But that's just how I view it. He did indeed give her the ability to protect herself and that's undisputable, and her being able to breathe underwater now allows her to always be able to go back to the ocean but still... 

liddi:

No, The way I see it, S1 was meant to end with Xiao Yao's death at Plum Forest and being brought to the ocean by Xiang Liu. However, because S1 had an additional 9 episodes when it aired, the original script episode numbers are no longer relevant.

Oh I see

liddi:

[Xiao Yao led Tushan Jing to the same spot where she first tried to kiss him and complained that he avoided her when she tried to offer him her very first kiss, warning him that he should not try to avoid it this time. Just as she was about to kiss him, he held her chin, saying that this time, it was she who was not allowed to avoid. Then he kissed her, first gently, then passionately.]

liddi:
Xiang Liu sat alone in the white seashell, twirling a pearl in his hand in loneliness, recalling how Xiao Yao shed tears on the surface of the shell, which he collected and solidified into a round pearl.

Suddenly, his face changed and he touched his lips.

Eyes filled with grief and fury, he flung out his hand and threw the pearl. As it flew across the sky, it lost spiritual energy and slowly transformed back into a tear, almost hitting the ocean. Just then, Xiang Liu suddenly reached out his hand and the tear stayed still.

liddi:
Devoid of expression, Xiang Liu slowly pulled back his hand. His white robes started fluttering agitatedly despite the absence of wind, a clear sign that he was not calm. The tear inched downwards with difficulty as if something powerful was stopping it although there was nothing below.

After a long struggle, unable to let go, Xiang Liu's robes finally settled down and the tear flew back before him.

A single, silent tear.

His composure restored, Xiang Liu took the tear in his fingers and it transformed back into a pearl. He then held the pearl in his palm, grief in his eyes.

liddi:
His composure restored, Xiang Liu took the tear in his fingers and it transformed back into a pearl. He then held the pearl in his palm, grief in his eyes.

Lmao I can't LOLOLOL. Do they really need to show us that he feels that? LMao. 

fancy:

Lmao I can't LOLOLOL. Do they really need to show us that he feels that? LMao. 

I'm crying laughing from all these changes

liddi:
Today is Xuan Yuan king and Gao Xin princess' wedding

The script uses the novel place names instead of the drama place names?

liddi:
Waves crashed against the rock. Just then, Xiang Liu all in white, tread the waves towards her. Unable to tell the past from the present, reality and illusion, Xiao Yao stared at Xiang Liu, startled.
Xiang Liu came up before her, his expression cold. She reached out a finger to touch him and confirmed he was real, then seeing the look on his face, withdrew her hand hurriedly.

XY (apologetic smile): My apologies. I thought you were an illusion.
XL (furrowed eyebrows): What foolishness is this?
XY (dry laugh, changing topics): Why are you here?
XL: I just felt like it

*Feelings*

liddi:
he seemed not to have heard what she said, his eyes cast down, watching the waves at his feet. Surprised, Xiao Yao sensed the reason for his behaviour, and her eyes were filled with compassion.

XY (softly): My brother inherited Grandfather's ambitions to unite the Great Wilderness. After he conquers Gao Xin, he will wage war on Hong Jiang.
XL (sigh): I thought the war between Xuan Yuan and Gao Xin would last tens of years. Who knew the Great Wilderness would be united so soon.
XY (persuading): Do... you still want to follow Hong Jiang? Could you not... (hesitant, then continues to persuade) Is there nothing else you wish to do in this world?
XL (casual banter): Are you worried for me?

<3

liddi:
XL (casual banter): Are you worried for me?
XY: Perhaps you only treat me as someone to make deals with, but I always considered you... a friend.
XL (mixed emotions, faint smile): Oh, friend? (mocking) Such things can neither be seen nor touched, it is too unreliable, I won't presume to count on it. (his eyes grew sharp and cold even as he continued to smile) If Xuan Yuan Cang Xuan knows we are connected by a fated bug, living and dying together, he would not dare to kill me. (leans slightly forward to smile at Xiao Yao). You, are my chess piece that checks the Xuan Yuan king.

Rude. Having XY say at this point that she considers him to be a friend when it's so clearly more complicated than that... Even with the hesitation it's hurtful. And the anti-YaoLius will have a field day with that wording. 

liddi:
Xiang Liu sat alone in the white seashell, twirling a pearl in his hand in loneliness, recalling how Xiao Yao shed tears on the surface of the shell, which he collected and solidified into a round pearl.

Suddenly, his face changed and he touched his lips.

Eyes filled with grief and fury, he flung out his hand and threw the pearl. As it flew across the sky, it lost spiritual energy and slowly transformed back into a tear, almost hitting the ocean. Just then, Xiang Liu suddenly reached out his hand and the tear stayed still. In a split second, the winds quietened and the waves stilled from the immense force of the spiritual power; everything was quiet, the waters surrounding the shell seemed to be frozen, without even a ripple, except a tear hovering above the surface of the ocean, almost dropping but not quite.

Devoid of expression, Xiang Liu slowly pulled back his hand. His white robes started fluttering agitatedly despite the absence of wind, a clear sign that he was not calm. The tear inched downwards with difficulty as if something powerful was stopping it although there was nothing below.

After a long struggle, unable to let go, Xiang Liu's robes finally settled down and the tear flew back before him.

A single, silent tear.

The winds began to howl once more, the waves began to surge, and the shell bobbed along with the waves.

I haven't liked any of the scenes they've added showing XL annoyed, frustrated or upset on his own. They make him seem... less dignified. Almost petulant. Whereas by mostly not showing his emotions and reactions in the novel, he seemed more dignified and mature. Suffering internally in silence. 

I'm glad to be prepared for it though. Thank you for translating again!

Can you imagine having to go through that? ??? Imagine having to feel the intimacy of the person you are in love with with another person. Having to feel their heartache, having to feel the pleasure they feel for someone else. LMAOOO 

I like the bug still because she shows that XL and XY are connected, etc. but can you imagine going through what XL is going through with that bug? If this is what the love bug is like what's it like when it turns into the "heartbreak" bug? ???

AH :
And the anti-YaoLius will have a field day with that wording. 

LMAO, they will never let us know peace. They will be quoting this scene forever to discredit any feelings XY has for XL. And what will people who like Yaoliu even be able to say? That she grieved for him very hard when she found out his death? They'll just say she was grieving for a friend ??? I hate it here LMAOO