We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 liddi:
No. The word is 邶, which is a name of a feudal state in ancient China.

Oh interesting. Thanks for the extra detail. I thought it might be North because the Fang Feng family is from the north, and FFB and XL met in the north. But I guess that would've been too on the nose. 

liddi:
Yes. Actually, in earlier texts, it was described as a lake shaped as a gourd:

Thanks for confirming, and for the extra details for this one too! ^^

Kokuto:

Didn't know that.  But I always love it when they translate FFB's name into Wind Breaker.  heheh

LOL! Well, technically they are not really wrong as far as the surname goes, since the words 防风  fángfēng  literally translates to "windproof". 

Kokuto:
Okay, Jing is blinder than XY if he didn't realize CX was jealous as heck.

XY was super protective of CX. She shielded his body with her body during two separate threats to CX's life (in chapter 6 and chapter 15). And when he married Xing Yue she felt like she lost him and almost left CX's side forever. CX had to threaten his own safety to force her back to his side (chapter 30). To someone who didn't have as much information about XY's feelings as the reader, those could look like the actions of someone who had deep romantic feelings for CX and was jealous and hurt as a result. But XY's feelings for CX were platonic.

TSJ thought CX was the same, and that he was being protective of XY as a brother figure who deeply cared about her. That CX was being cold to TSJ and extra protective of XY because he was worried that TSJ would cause her even more pain after already causing her so much heartbreak.

Ok Ericka, another fail. So, I bought these really cool glasses today and I thought they were really cool in a very Audrey Hepburn way, but now that I'm trying them on again, I'm looking like Willy Wonka. 

But I don't want to return them, whatever 😹

nathsketch:

Ok Ericka, another fail. So, I bought these really cool glasses today and I thought they were really cool in a very Audrey Hepburn way, but now that I'm trying them on again, I'm looking like Willy Wonka. 

But I don't want to return them, whatever 😹 

Oh pfff, wrong thread.

Never you mind.

blabla100:
So am I the only one who thinks Xiao Zhan would have slayed the role too? He was great în the untamed, gray anti-hero roles suits him best and he also has this thing with smiling with the mouth while crying with his eyes. I can easily see him playing XL, really. 

I'm skeptical because The Untamed has been the only thing he's been good in imo. Either his skills have degraded or he is choosing the wrong kinds of roles. Regardless, it's a moot point, he would never take 3rd ML role in a female-centric show where his character not only isn't endgame but is the only one of the male leads to die at the end, his management and his fanbase have certain expectations for his career that a role like XL in a show like this does not align with. They would have to almost completely re-write the story. Also, he's already done Oath of Love with Yang Zi and I've seen their chemistry...I don't think it's right for the XL/XY relationship.

liddi:

LOL! Well, technically they are not really wrong as far as the surname goes, since the words 防风  fángfēng  literally translates to "windproof". 

Yes, but it tickles me to think of FFB as a warm water proof jacket you wear to protect you from the elements.  I know it's a translation thing.  There's no need to translate people's names.  There was another show I watched where they kept subtitling the FL's name as gold ingot.  LOL!

Kokuto:

Yes, but it tickles me to think of FFB as a warm water proof jacket you wear to protect you from the elements.  I know it's a translation thing.  There's no need to translate people's names.  There was another show I watched where they kept subtitling the FL's name as gold ingot.  LOL!

But is it The North Face? 

Come on.  

AH :

XY was super protective of CX. She shielded his body with her body during two separate threats to CX's life (in chapter 6 and chapter 15). And when he married Xing Yue she felt like she lost him and almost left CX's side forever. CX had to threaten his own safety to force her back to his side (chapter 30). To someone who didn't have as much information about XY's feelings as the reader, those could look like the actions of someone who had deep romantic feelings for CX and was jealous and hurt as a result. But XY's feelings for CX were platonic.

TSJ thought CX was the same, and that he was being protective of XY as a brother figure who deeply cared about her. That CX was being cold to TSJ and extra protective of XY because he was worried that TSJ would cause her even more pain after already causing her so much heartbreak.

In the drama at least, I think the problem is that TSJ just doesn't pay attention to much around him, except XY.  I think I've said this here before, but he strikes me as one of those smart (and rich) people who thinks he is smart enough to deal with any situation, so he doesn't always pay attention.

Whereas XL is always paying attention to other people and their environment.  We actually see him watching people repeatedly.  Like in that house party scene when FFB sitting with FFYY and TSH, while across the room Jing was playing Go with Feng Long, and CX and XY came in.  Then XY demanded he come out to walk with her.  There's a great exchange where FFB looks at FFYY as she pours a drink for TSH.  Then he looks at TSH.  And then looks at Jing across the room, and you can see him filing all that away.

nathsketch:

But is it The North Face? 

Come on.  

LOL!  But of course!

I think one of those fan-meets, they gave Tan Jian Ci a silver wind breaker with FFB's face on it.

Kokuto:

LOL!  But of course!

I think one of those fan-meets, they gave Tan Jian Ci a silver wind breaker with FFB's face on it.

Really? Nah, you’re pulling my leg. That’s literally The North Face hahahahahahaha

Kokuto:
In the drama at least, I think the problem is that TSJ just doesn't pay attention to much around him, except XY.  I think I've said this here before, but he strikes me as one of those smart (and rich) people who thinks he is smart enough to deal with any situation, so he doesn't always pay attention.

My read of it is that, in his personal relationships (but not his business relationships, if we're to believe XL), he tends to give people the benefit of the doubt and doesn't assume the worst of them, even when he really should. 

Kokuto:
Whereas XL is always paying attention to other people and their environment.  We actually see him watching people repeatedly.  Like in that house party scene when FFB sitting with FFYY and TSH, while across the room Jing was playing Go with Feng Long, and CX and XY came in.  Then XY demanded he come out to walk with her.  There's a great exchange where FFB looks at FFYY as she pours a drink for TSH.  Then he looks at TSH.  And then looks at Jing across the room, and you can see him filing all that away.

Great description of that scene. "...and you can see him filing all that away." is spot on. And you're right, I can't recall any equivalent scenes showing TSJ watching people (other than XY...) like this. 

liddi:
Thank you for the clarification. Is this potential pairing accepted by the individual fandoms in general? I have seen shipping fans involved in ugly wars with the individual fans over the years in various fandoms. There was also a recent rumour last month about him and Mao Xiaotong due to similarly timed posts in what appeared to be her place, but that was immediately quashed by both sides, after which her posts were deleted. Whatever the situation is, I hope all fans remain respectful of their choices in the end, and as a relatively new fan, I wish he finds happiness and fulfilment in his life, both personal and professional.

I think YZ's 紫米 has more issues with 健饼果紫 than 小檀火 does. As for the Mao Xiaotong thing, it's possible, although the banal explanation (and imo the more likely one) for similar furnishings is that there are executive apartment buildings and long-stay executive suites in the area around Hengdian that actors will rent while they're filming and often all the units in one of these buildings will be similarly furnished (just like how a hotel would be because they are basically nicer long-stay hotels), or they rented the same unit at different points in time. The romantic explanation would be that they are together in which case, I don't think 小檀火 would mind, they're both well into their 30s.

atmospheres:
I think YZ's 紫米 has more issues with 健饼果紫 than 小檀火 does. As for the Mao Xiaotong thing, it's possible, although the banal explanation (and imo the more likely one) for similar furnishings is that there are executive apartment buildings and long-stay executive suites in the area around Hengdian that actors will rent while they're filming and often all the units in one of these buildings will be similarly furnished (just like how a hotel would be because they are basically nicer long-stay hotels), or they rented the same unit at different points in time. The romantic explanation would be that they are together in which case, I don't think 小檀火 would mind, they're both well into their 30s.

Why does 紫米 disapprove of the pairing? Do they have someone else in mind for her, or they just don't like TJC? Good to know 小檀火 are supportive of him having a relationship - not every fandom feels the same particularly those who project their object of affection as belonging only to them, though thankfully I think that mindset is slowly changing. My lowkey 步步惊心 ship sailed and married 5 years after their collaboration, but most real-life ships are just doomed to end up at the bottom of the ocean. Ultimately, I think it best to just support their works and wish that they find happiness in all areas of their lives.