We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

Completely unrelated (but still in the XL/FFB topic of today), 

but how can this

be the same person as this

And this

And this

And then suddenly, he's Elvis

LMAO he does really have nine heads and 81 incarnations

@nathsketch millon thanks for sharing the goods, the first two pics are my favorite ?. 

The first one is from his variety show Campus Go, where he served as dance mentor. Even his dance introduction there is cool. I am now watching Hi Saturday Eps with TJC, that‘s how obsessed I am ??? And I can‘t say it often enough, but it‘s really nice to know you all and knowing that I‘m not alone in my craziness?. My friends are not into fangirling sadly. My best friend jokingly asked if I‘m now hanging out online with a bunch of hormonal teenagers? Well she hit the point on the hormonal at least ?

luv2bafangurl:

@nathsketch millon thanks for sharing the goods, the first two pics are my favorite ?. 

The first one is from his variety show Campus Go, where he served as dance mentor. Even his dance introduction there is cool. I am now watching Hi Saturday Eps with TJC, that‘s how obsessed I am ??? And I can‘t say it often enough, but it‘s really nice to know you all and knowing that I‘m not alone in my craziness?. My friends are not into fangirling sadly. My best friend jokingly asked if I‘m now hanging out online with a bunch of hormonal teenagers? Well she hit the point on the hormonal at least ?

LOL!  Yes, on the hormonal for Tan Jian Ci, and no where near teen aged, here.  And yes!  Fangirling welcomed and encouraged!

Love those pics and incarnations of Tan Jian Ci.  He is such a chameleon.

luv2bafangurl:
And I can‘t say it often enough, but it‘s really nice to know you all and knowing that I‘m not alone in my craziness?.

That's my part-time job. More like volunteer work. Hahahahaha It's good to not be alone in the mental asylum!

luv2bafangurl:
My best friend jokingly asked if I‘m now hanging out online with a bunch of hormonal teenagers? Well she hit the point on the hormonal at least ?

No. Yes.

Kokuto:
Yes, on the hormonal for Tan Jian Ci, and no where near teen aged, here.

Yes and no.

Maybe psychologically speaking. Though 16-year-old me was much more mature. I'm going through a Benjamin Button phase.

@AH

"I don’t think she did. In the novel, Tong Hua told us what XY was feeling and thinking at the end of that conversation: “She felt like she called him on his bullshit. When she was wandering the world being a con artist, he was likely home tickling his maids!” That last thought is clearly about FFB, not XL."

I understand what you are saying and putting it this way you are right. Still, what exactly does FFB has to lose to begin with? Testing him for what? He has no status, no money, no family ties, no anything, XL persona aside and I see no reason for her to think that there is anything at stake for him. He could have easily go with the flow. For me her answer sounds bitter, it feels as if she is talking to XL, not FFB. I don't know, I still belive deep down she knew all along who he is, but she didn't want to aknowledge that on a conscious level. 

blabla100:

@AH

"I don’t think she did. In the novel, Tong Hua told us what XY was feeling and thinking at the end of that conversation: “She felt like she called him on his bullshit. When she was wandering the world being a con artist, he was likely home tickling his maids!” That last thought is clearly about FFB, not XL."

I understand what you are saying and putting it this way you are right. Still, what exactly does FFB has to lose to begin with? Testing him for what? He has no status, no money, no family ties, no anything, XL persona aside and I see no reason for her to think that there is anything at stake for him. He could have easily go with the flow. For me her answer sounds bitter, it feels as if she is talking to XL, not FFB. I don't know, I still belive deep down she knew all along who he is, but she didn't want to aknowledge that on a conscious level. 

As a concubine-born second son of a lesser clan (with a reputation as a playboy and ne’er-do-well), FFB had a low status amongst the deity nobility. But he was still a noble living a very comfortable life.

I don’t think XY was asking him about giving up obligations. I think she was asking if he could really leave his friends and family and the comfortable life of a noble behind (plus any other ties to his current life that he might have that she wasn’t aware of).

The fact that the same question (and his inability to say yes to it) also works for XL and his obligations is something that the reader and XL are aware of, but XY is not.

That’s one of the most heartbreaking parts of the scene. XY doesn’t realize the weight of the condition she shot back at him. Because she doesn’t know that he’s XL, she doesn’t know what she’s asking of him… That “If you can let everything go” (in the novel) or “If you give up everything” (in the drama) would mean him letting go of or giving up his loyalty to Gong Gong and the remnant army.

@AH

I re-read that part from the novel and I still think she always knew that FFB îs XL, but didn't want to aknowledge it. Neither of them wanted to.

"Last night when she knew for sure he was Xiang Liu, she wasn’t surprised or shocked in the least. It felt like it was always this way, and this heavy burden in the corner of her heart was lifted, though another burden had arisen." 

blabla100:

@AH

I re-read that part from the novel and I still think she always knew that FFB îs XL, but didn't want to aknowledge it. Neither of them wanted to.

"Last night when she knew for sure he was Xiang Liu, she wasn’t surprised or shocked in the least. It felt like it was always this way, and this heavy burden in the corner of her heart was lifted, though another burden had arisen." 

I agree with this too. I think deep down she always knew it was XL.

AH :
Because she doesn’t know that he’s XL, she doesn’t know what she’s asking of him

Let's just agree to disagree <3 XD

blabla100:

@AH

That’s the passage where liddi provided a more accurate translation a few pages back in this thread.

Edit: See her translation in purple here: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2785463&page=172#p2785463

Elise:

I agree with this too. I think deep down she always knew it was XL.

Let's just agree to disagree <3 XD

Totally okay to have different interpretations ^^

AH :

This is the passage where liddi provided a more accurate translation a few pages back in this thread.

Edit: Here: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2785463&page=172#p2785463

I am not sure if liddi posted this as a translation or as an interpretation, if it is a translation, than yes, it is  different than koala's, but regardless, that answer în particular I still belive it was towards XL, not FFB. 

AH :
Totally okay to have different interpretations ^^

This is yet another great discussion in this thread. Mature discussion breeds more mature discussion. I love it! To me, the more compelling concept is the one AH mentioned before I did. XY was too attached to CX. I don't think she could have said anything serious without having thought a lot her relationship and time with CX first.

I have a question. Actually, it’s a series of related questions. If XL didn’t know he was going to die, would he have gone out of his way to do extraordinary things for XY? Probably not, right? Theoretically, he wouldn’t have had to go there. He could have let life progress in a more normal manner. What if, instead, it were TSJ (or CX), not XL, who knew he was going to die? Would TSJ (or CX) have gone out of his way to do extraordinary things for XY? I think there is a very good chance he would have too.

So, is
     XL minus extraordinary things plus a long life with XY
          greater than
     TSJ (or CX) plus extraordinary things minus a long life with XY?

Is
     XL minus extraordinary things plus a long life with XY
          greater than
     TSJ (or CX) with no extraordinary things and with a long life with XY?

For most people in this tread, the answer to the last question is yes. The answer to the second to last question is harder. But, my answer is that it may not matter as much as it may seem to matter. The depth of love XL has for XY is there, even if he never has to fully draw on it during a long life with her.

Somehow, I thought this thought exercise might help me feel better. But, now I’m not sure, lol. So, I suddenly thought of another thought exercise. I’m brainstorming here on my own and chuckling at myself. (HeadInTheClouds, you aren’t the only one, lol.)

I’ve never been religious, but I have been influenced by religion and believe in reincarnation and Heaven. I believe that most good people reincarnate a lot, before finally making it to Heaven. Those who think and act more like a god go to Heaven sooner rather than later. TSJ is the only one close (example: his approach towards his brother). Although he’s probably not quite there yet either, let’s just say that he goes to Heaven after this lifetime, where he is no longer interested in things like carnal desires.

Let’s say everyone else reincarnates. Let’s say XL is a human, has left almost all of the bad parts of his demon nature behind him, and is able to live a life more like his FFB self with no need to womanize. Let’s say XY and CX are still close blood relations. XL and XY continue to have a soulmates-type connection. They meet at a good time for them to have a long-term “in love” relationship. They repeat this over and over through lifetime after lifetime.

This actually puts me back in my own real-life paradigm. If Tong Hua can create three great love rivals at the same time, which I don’t really believe in, I can still find a happy ending for XL myself. There. I feel a lot better!

blabla100:

I am not sure if liddi posted this as a translation or as an interpretation, if it is a translation, than yes, it is  different than koala's, but regardless, that answer în particular I still belive it was towards XL, not FFB. 

Liddi has provided a few improved translations in this thread. I believe the text that she quoted from the novel is her improved translation, and the rest of her comment provides her thoughts on that text. Hopefully she can confirm or correct me if that’s not the case. 

But even without the change to that line, Tong Hua’s inclusion of the maid-tickling line seems like her way of telling the readers that XY was thinking of FFB in that conversation, and not XL.

Fang Feng Bei asked half seriously half in jest, “Why don’t you not be a Princess anymore and go wander the world with me?”

Xiao Yao giggled. “Sure! If you can let everything go first.”

Fang Feng Bei chuckled while Xiao Yao stared at him. She felt like she called him on his bullshit. When she was wandering the world being a con artist, he was likely home tickling his maids!

But we can have different interpretations. 

bugei:

just sharing this here: In RL cang xuan is a yaoliu shipper

xiang liu and cangxuan duet https://x.com/_lostyouforever/status/1709602300778397967?s=46

That's why he's a King!