Sssnoopyyy:
I have to say, despite the changes I did not like for XL's character, he was perhaps one of the more consistent characters written in the show. TJC nailed it and he shined. I heard that his father was there when he dubbed himself in the last scene (I think) and I can understand why his father had to leave the room due to the emotions. They included scenes that definitely added to his POV which I appreciate because we don't get that in the novel. I LOVE CHUBBY - that part was so sad when he sent him away, but gives some closure as I wondered what happened to him in the novel.

Yes. TJC's father was with him when he did post-production dubbing for the final battle scene, and he had to leave because he could not bear to watch Xiang Liu being shot by arrows and dying. Apparently, those who were present were crying too over the scene. And YES. Furball's scene is perfection, and I am so glad we got to see it - from him arguing with Xiang Liu about being sent away when Xiang Liu himself would not leave, to being tricked to drinking wine doctored with the poison Xiao Yao gave him, and the love and affection in Xiang Liu's words as he set Furball free too, which had me tearing up so much.

Sssnoopyyy:
Ok, if it weren't for ZWY - I honestly don't think I would've made it through those scenes knowing it would be a dream sequence. ZWY and YZ did so well given the appalling changes that did not align with the character and plot development that we got from S1 up until the climax. I don't think I will get over that aspect probably because I am a CX bias (although I can see why some people might be content with the change as their relationship was saved, but as you say, it makes no sense as to why XY left in the end). I think the other significant change that was really unnecessary was the whole classic question "THRONE VS LOVE". Did they not already emphasize why CX chose that path in the first place? Why did they feel the need to do that, he chose power because of love. It undermines everything they had built in the story up until that point and diminishes his character and their relationship. Yes, technically he chose the throne...but I cannot Grandpa posing this question in the novel (this would've been a more appropriate question to ask from the beginning when CX was a kid). 

Exactly. That scene at the poinciana forest should have been the defining moment in Cang Xuan's arc, and the drama should have dared to allow him to actually become dark, instead of making a perfunctory attempt and whitewashing him after that. It is really a shame because ZWY and YZ were perfection in that scene, and I mourn for what could have been, especially when they could have followed up with Xiao Yao's dead, dead eyes as she decides to become the next Royal Mother, which Cang Xuan could not dissuade her from, and realises he had lost her for good. As someone who truly loves the relationship between Cang Xuan and Xiao Yao and believes that had fate been kind to them, they would have been together (as we saw in the original script where they promised to marry each other when they were children), while it does one good to see them revert back to the warmth of their original relationship, it takes away the complexities of their ties and the finality of how once fractured, can never be fully mended ever. 

And I agree about how the question of choosing the throne vs love diminishes the richness of the character and his arc. His path to the throne was exactly because he wanted to protect the only person he had left. So why should his character be penalised for that same choice which he made for her in the first place, a choice that he took despite the pain it cost him, knowing that each decision pushed her further and further away from ever being in her consideration as a lover. It is almost as if the drama felt that it had to show how "unworthy" Cang Xuan was of her love for choosing the throne over her, to better reflect her choice in life partner, which is absolutely ludicrous. 

And yes. Grandfather's question is silly at this juncture. As you said, it is a question that should have been asked in the very beginning, before he even decided to groom Cang Xuan for the throne.

We had a discussion about 2 weeks ago regarding the differences in her reminiscing about Qingshui Town in the novel vs the leaked script - Xiao Yao's internal monologue (novel) vs her recollecting to her grandfather (leaked script). The novel used the "Who knew" to refer to the Lovers bug, while the leaked script applied it to Shi Qi being poisoned, removing any reference of the Lovers bug in there (since Xiao Yao in the drama never knew what kind of poisonous bug she planted with Xiang Liu).

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=3088609&page=664#p3088609

While the drama is faithful to what in the leaked script, I love that we have an extra scene intercut with Xiang Liu visiting the abandoned Hui Chun clinic (Ep20 ~31min), where with tears in her eyes, she recounts the time Xiang Liu came to her room to heal, and she drew on his face, which tells us that she missed him.

"One time, Xiang Liu came to find me after he was wounded. I saw that he could not move so I took a piece of charcoal from the stove and drew eyes on his face. I drew a total of seven, and added with his own, there were nine. Those eyes of his glared at me fiercely. But it was strange. I could feel that he had no intent to kill me."

liddi:
We had a discussion about 2 weeks ago regarding the differences in her reminiscing about Qingshui Town in the novel vs the leaked script - Xiao Yao's internal monologue (novel) vs her recollecting to her grandfather (leaked script). The novel used the "Who knew" to refer to the Lovers bug, while the leaked script applied it to Shi Qi being poisoned, removing any reference of the Lovers bug in there (since Xiao Yao in the drama never knew what kind of poisonous bug she planted with Xiang Liu).

When I saw the trailer, I thought it was going to be all about Jing.  But happily, the actual scene was mostly about XL.

I think that was one of the biggest cuts against XL, that they never let XY learn what the Lovers Bugs were.

liddi:
"One time, Xiang Liu came to find me after he was wounded. I saw that he could not move so I took a piece of charcoal from the stove and drew eyes on his face. I drew a total of seven, and added with his own, there were nine. Those eyes of his glared at me fiercely. But it was strange. I could feel that he had no intent to kill me."

I liked this add! ^^

AH :

I liked this add! ^^

Apparently it was needed, cause you still have people claiming XY was afraid of XL... Like I always draw humiliating graffiti on people's faces I'm afraid of.  smh

Kokuto:
When I saw the trailer, I thought it was going to be all about Jing.  But happily, the actual scene was mostly about XL.

AH :
I liked this add! ^^

Yes. It was really a surprise when we got Xiao Yao's recollection again when Xiang Liu was in Hui Chun clinic, because I thought her scene had ended already. As such, it was such a beautiful, poetic touch to have her reminiscing about that time, and him doing so at the same time. And we then have his internal monologue at that same scene when he touches his heart (because he could feel all her emotions), with the words adapted from an ancient poem by Song dynasty poet Li Qingzhao "A Twig of Plum Blossoms: Fragrance of Red Lotus Fades on the Jade Mat in Autumn" that broke my heart:

"一种心思,两处闲愁  A kind of feeling, puts two people in idle sadness"

which means, two people feel the same but cannot express it to each other and can only be sad in their own place.

Kokuto:
I think that was one of the biggest cuts against XL, that they never let XY learn what the Lovers Bugs were.

Yes. If they did, they could not go on with the ending they prepared. Yet, we see references to the Lovers bug in the added scene with the Shaman King, when Xiang Liu calls it by its proper name, that should tell the viewers exactly what that indicated about the two people who planted it successfully.

H19279:
The cresent moon does not reflect her memory of the full moon that they watched together. However, as in several discussion about counting the day from her woke up in Jade mountain until the wedding, it is the exact shape of the moon (her wedding is somewhere end of the month - day 28th of the lunar month).

I understand the calculation. However, as we discussed previously, the novel itself described the moon Xiao Yao gazed at the night she learnt of Xiang Liu's death as "一皓月", where 轮 is a quantifier for something that is round.  As such, it was a bright, round moon that she was gazing at that night, not a crescent moon, which immediately allows us to associate back to the moon over Gourd lake that they saw together.  A crescent moon would have the quantifier 钩 (hook) or 牙 (tooth).

H19279:
I think the cresent moon may offer different meaning:

1. The moon itself will be forever associate with her memory with XL from now on (as it used to be a long time back)

2. The cresent moon  - fullmoon with missing part - represents for the loss 

3.Foreshaddow for her future: it is not a full, complete happiness

That is an interesting interpretation. It never occurred to me until you mentioned it, but it does sound plausible - thank you for sharing.

liddi:
Yes. It was really a surprise when we got Xiao Yao's recollection again when Xiang Liu was in Hui Chun clinic, because I thought her scene had ended already. As such, it was such a beautiful, poetic touch to have her reminiscing about that time, and him doing so at the same time. And we then have his internal monologue at that same scene when he touches his heart (because he could feel all her emotions), with the words adapted from an ancient poem by Song dynasty poet Li Qingzhao "A Twig of Plum Blossoms: Fragrance of Red Lotus Fades on the Jade Mat in Autumn" that broke my heart:

"一种心思,两处闲愁 A kind of feeling, puts two people in idle sadness"

which means, two people feel the same but cannot express it to each other and can only be sad in their own place.

Oh my.  That is lovely!  And yes, I caught him touching his chest and feeling her heart.

liddi:
Yes. If they did, they could not go on with the ending they prepared. Yet, we see references to the Lovers bug in the added scene with the Shaman King, when Xiang Liu calls it by its proper name, that should tell the viewers exactly what that indicated about the two people who planted it successfully.

It is what it is.  We got their red wedding, and not the Game of Thrones one, so I guess we'll just have to be content.

liddi:
And we then have his internal monologue at that same scene when he touches his heart (because he could feel all her emotions), with the words adapted from an ancient poem by Song dynasty poet Li Qingzhao "A Twig of Plum Blossoms: Fragrance of Red Lotus Fades on the Jade Mat in Autumn" that broke my heart:

"一种心思,两处闲愁  A kind of feeling, puts two people in idle sadness"

Thank you for adding that context!

Has anybody noticed the colour of the merman to whom XY is swimming to. It's tail is depicted in orange colour (a colour associated with TJ). While the merman who is hiding is in white colour (a colour associated with XL.

Kokuto:

The Jingers are complaining that Jing got too less scenes than what was expected 

Wow, judging from what you guys are saying.....it seems the drama really ruined the characters 

Liu Yifei:

Has anybody noticed the colour of the merman to whom XY is swimming to. It's tail is depicted in orange colour (a colour associated with TJ). While the merman who is hiding is in white colour (a colour associated with XL.

Orange is associated with Jing?

Liu Yifei:

The Jingers are complaining that Jing got too less scenes than what was expected 

Of course.  Everyone had scenes cut.

Kikinaki:

Wow, judging from what you guys are saying.....it seems the drama really ruined the characters 

There were changes.  But I still loved seeing Xiang Liu.  He was awesome.

Liu Yifei:

My Lord! I just saw the news that Tushan Jing exceeded 200 million heat index for character on Tencent. It is top 3 (shared with Xiao Yao and a Xiao Zhan's character). His fan has been working so hard. Especially for a character that they complained so much for lack of time screen