We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 Kokuto:

Why are you testing me???

No. No. No. No. No. No. Will. Be. Good.

You guys normally use centimeters or inches?

Here we only talk in terms of centimeters.

This is not helping.

Sorry.

Kokuto:

I'm pretty sure Winter Begonia is Republican Era ... but he's not military in that at all.  He is a snazzy dresser.  And he is amazing, though.

I wouldn't be unhappy to see him in a smart looking uniform.  Though I didn't really feel the police uniform.

But I still love him best in costume dramas.

Agree, there's just something so mesmerizing about the costumes and hair

exol_evanism:

Already there with you

THANK YOU!

Kokuto:

THANK YOU!

It's nice to have company

exol_evanism:

And the mask thingy he wears

nathsketch:

You guys normally use centimeters or inches?

Here we only talk in terms of centimeters.

This is not helping.

Sorry.

We do use inches in the US.  However, we have remnants of the metric system from the failed attempt in the 1970s to switch us over to the logical and world wide system.  Our rulers have both inches and centimeters.  I often use centimeters when ever I need to solve / use a measuring problem, like in carpentry or art or sewing or graphics or design.  I don't have a good grasp of the actual measurement, other than a 2 liter bottle and 2.5 centimeters equals an inch or the length between my first and second knuckle.

Kokuto:

We do use inches in the US.  However, we have remnants of the metric system from the failed attempt in the 1970s to switch us over to the logical and world wide system.  Our rulers have both inches and centimeters.  I often use centimeters when ever I need to solve / use a measuring problem, like in carpentry or art or sewing or graphics or design.  I don't have a good grasp of the actual measurement, other than a 2 liter bottle and 2.5 centimeters equals an inch or the length between my first and second knuckle.

I am originally from Mexico, but now I live in the United States. However, whenever my parents use centimeters, I have no idea what they mean. I am only familiar with inches, feet, yards, and miles. As for the metric system, I am completely clueless.

exol_evanism:

I am originally from Mexico, but now I live in the United States. However, whenever my parents use centimeters, I have no idea what they mean. I am only familiar with inches, feet, yards, and miles. As for the metric system, I am completely clueless.

I lived in Germany when I was a kid, where they used metric, so I at least had that.  But yeah, I don't think they even teach the metric system in US schools anymore.  And like I said, I don't have good visual grasp of the measurements and usually have to convert them.  But for any mathing of measurements, metric is just so much easier.

Kokuto:

Yes.  That's the actress / love interest rumored for season 2 of Under the Skin.

O_O

Seriously, I'd take that holier than thou character from Court Lady over her.

no offense to the actress but if she's really cast as the love interest, I don't think I'm going to watch season 2

exol_evanism:

exol_evanism:

And the mask thingy he wears

Yes!  The characters have a different vibe and far more presence, than modern outfits.  I especially like the costumes where they do have longer hair, not just the swept up bun.

Elise:

no offense to the actress but if she's really cast as the love interest, I don't think I'm going to watch season 2

Well, it's a rumor.  As is the idea that they will add a love interest.  So, keep your fingers crossed.

imagine:

"You look like you're a couple cm taller than me, just wait a sec." 'Pulls out measuring tape'. "Sorry wrong person!!" 'Keeps doing this until he is found...'

Exactly!

imagine:

Haha, I have crashed into a couple of Asians before not sure of their height though :/

Once you have him knocked down, you can just lay down next to him and compare your heights....

Or I guess you could talk to him and recognize his voice.

nathsketch:

Whatever it takes until I can find him ??

hehehehehe ... okay we need one more reality show for Tan Jian Ci.  Kind of Where's Waldo? with Nathsketch running around looking for Tan Jian Ci.

Elise:

It's just...I'm conflicted because I'm not totally averse to the romance idea (though, yes, I'd prefer it if there were none), but this Du Ling lady makes me want to scratch a blackboard.

How do you add gifs? I'm losing my mind because I can't add anything other than words and sometimes that's not enough 😹

nathsketch:

It's just...I'm conflicted because I'm not totally averse to the romance idea (though, yes, I'd prefer it if there were none), but this Du Ling lady makes me want to scratch a blackboard.

How do you add gifs? I'm losing my mind because I can't add anything other than words and sometimes that's not enough 😹

I'd prefer it if there were none at all... and if there was a love interest, please don't let it be that actress.

To insert gifs, I click the Insert Image button or Ctrl + P, find a gif on Tumblr or Giphy. Right click on the gif/image, click Open Image in New Tab, copy the link address, paste it, and then finally click the Insert button. 

sometimes the gif doesn't work though. idk why

Kokuto:

Ahhh interesting. Here, our rules usually have both inches and centimeters, same as the measuring tapes, but I have such a hard time working with inches. So it's the opposite. I need to put the sizes of my art prints in inches because most of my clients are from the US but it's so difficult :(