We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 nathsketch:

I understand now why Elise jumped ship. 

Seeing that fox give up because Xiao Yao wasn't breathing made him go on my hate list forever. Incompetent man 💩. Sleeping away while Cang Xuan and Xiang Liu do all of the work to revive her.

Elise:

Seeing that fox give up because Xiao Yao wasn't breathing made him go on my hate list forever. Incompetent man 💩. Sleeping away while Cang Xuan and Xiang Liu do all of the work to revive her.

Fox couldn't even die competently.  He lingered around for 37 years, instead of dying immediately and leaving XY and XL to carry on their relationship.

Kokuto:

Fox couldn't even die competently.  He lingered around for 37 years, instead of dying immediately and leaving XY and XL to carry on their relationship.

I blame Hou for only torturing that lil' bish instead of offing him for good.

Yes, I'm bad. Muahahahahaha

nathsketch:

I blame Hou for only torturing that lil' bish instead of offing him for good.

Yes, I'm bad. Muahahahahaha

Nope. That was the OTHER time Jing wasn't competent at dying and lingered around for 7plus years.  I'm speaking of his 37 year "suicide" attempt after XY was assassinated and spent 37 years healing with XL.

Yes, damn Hou  Just. Keeps. Missing. The. Target.  He falls into the classic villain trope of gloating too much.

Kokuto:

Nope. That was the OTHER time Jing wasn't competent at dying and lingered around for 7plus years.  I'm speaking of his 37 year "suicide" attempt after XY was assassinated and spent 37 years healing with XL.

Yes, damn Hou  Just. Keeps. Missing. The. Target.  He falls into the classic villain trope of gloating too much.

Yeah, I know. I just wished he could have died sooner than all of this. Right at the beginning. No suicide, nothing. Just dead before he even showed up.

Elise:

I changed my mind, you guys. I don't have second lead syndrome anymore 🤣. The male lead, Gu Jin, is starting to redeem himself in my eyes ❤️

Have you read the novel. Yuan Qi is somehow like XY in term of keeping what he did for A Yin and later Feng Yin in secret? But he was luckier than XL. He had her love and happy ending

The prequel (Ancient Love poetry) is also very good drama.

I was annoyed by the fact he did not tell her. If so, the truth could be revealed, many thing could be solved and her tragedy could be stopped.

Elise:

I changed my mind, you guys. I don't have second lead syndrome anymore 🤣. The male lead, Gu Jin, is starting to redeem himself in my eyes ❤️

Oh bless. Less pain to deal with.

Elise:

What do you guys think of the male lead in The Last Immortal so far? I have major second lead syndrome right now lol. I prefer Hong Yi.  A lot of the Viki comments don't like the male lead yet either.

Do you like the fox this time? He has 10 tails

His best performance so far is in eps 10 when he threated Peacock King to extend the peace agreement with Eagle kingdom.

In term of beauty, none are my taste. At some angle Hong Yi looks better than Gu Jin (Yuan Qi)

H19279:

Have you read the novel. Yuan Qi is somehow like XY in term of keeping what he did for A Yin and later Feng Yin in secret? But he was luckier than XL. He had her love and happy ending

The prequel (Ancient Love poetry) is also very good drama.

I was annoyed by the fact he did not tell her. If so, the truth could be revealed, many thing could be solved and her tragedy could be stopped.

How does it relate to ALP?

It's it good? I am getting mixed vibes from it. It's very colorful! This is shallow.. but the leads don't look that great!

MengXiang:

It's it good? I am getting mixed vibes from it. It's very colorful! This is shallow.. but the leads don't look that great!

It's good! It's very youthful story, both leads very young, it's like coming age in xianxia, so it's also very colorful (ita become much better in last episodes)

ML is son of leads in ALP

But it different production team, they don't have copyright to use names from ALP , but we have characters from ALP - like Feng Rang , fox princess and etc)

MengXiang:

ALP is one of my very favorite drama. The funny thing is like many audience, I had refused to watch it  because of many black information on the internet and the appearance of Xu Kai and Zhou Dong Wu looks weird on the poster. Then one day, I did not have any drama in mind to watch, I decided to try it, mainly to see how Zhou Dong Wu performed in costume drama. The few first episodes were so so. But as it progressed, it excelled my expectation. ZDW's performance was top notch. Her crying was very real, convincing with various way and emotions matching the context. The stylish did not do good job for Xu Kai. As Qing Mu, it is ok but I found his Bai Jue hair style poor and it did not do his beauty justice. Overall, his performance was good (in some scence was still under but some were very good). Visual effect was the best so far of all C-dramas that I've watched. ALP content has a lot of variation from its original novel. However, those changes make it more complete and logical.

I made a discussion in the last immortal about the background and its connection with ALP or the original novel Shang Gu here: Shen Yin (The Last Immortal) - Novel Content and its connection with Ancient Love Poetry - Shen Yin - MyDramaList 

P/S: You will find that Bai Jue, Yuan Qi (Gu Jin) shares some similarity with XL. However, their morther - Xing Ling is kinder than Tong Hua. :))

EDIT: Which one are you asking? ALP or The Last Immortal? I don't like the style and beauty of the cast of The last immortal so much. But I keep watching it (to avoid similar mistake as I had with ALP). I read the original novel and I find it interesting. Overall, Shen Yin is more pleasure to read than Shang Gu (The last third of Shang Gu was good). Wang An Wu's performance got better as his character became more mature. So, I hope this trend is kept till the end. Zhao Lu Si's performance was so so. She could be innocent, funny but it seems that her performance was not very deep and sharp

nathsketch:

Yeah, I know. I just wished he could have died sooner than all of this. Right at the beginning. No suicide, nothing. Just dead before he even showed up.

Oh yes.  I forgot that first time.

How sad is it, that he's failed at dying so many times, that we can't keep track?  lol

There we go.  Another good start for a What If? fan fic.  What if, XY never came back for Jing on the second day?  It would be a whole different novel.

H19279:
I made a discussion in the last immortal about the background and its connection with ALP or the original novel Shang Gu here: Shen Yin (The Last Immortal) - Novel Content and its connection with Ancient Love Poetry - Shen Yin - MyDramaList

Oh, cool!  Thanks for the link.

But you guys are just adding to my To Be Watched list.  My LONG TBW list.  sniff

nathsketch:

NEW POST NEW POST NEW POST

https://weibo.com/1798539915/4979152480634609

I can't believe I'm all excited to watch an advertisement.  Shakes fist at Tan Jian Ci.

But yes, he looks very elegant ... and hot. :)

And of course, he's the brand spokesman in ... the water cream category.  heh

https://youtu.be/DIENnJhgmFI?si=Ft7eHg0VOMKCj_T9