Basically There's this Corporate businessman named "Phech" Dujphech ChirananThiwong-Phet (age 26--played by Dun) who secretly likes to visit the "CatCat Cafe", a nice little cat cafe.  He's a hard-ass by reputation, but he's totally whipped for cats.  He visits the cat cafe because his brother is allergic to cats so he can't own one.  But one day Phech falls so in love with this one special cat being temp boarded at the Cat!Cat! Cafe that he must have this cat.  The cat's name is Bacon.  Phech is obsessed with this cat and he wants to buy him but the cafe owner is like "No, that's Mochi's cat.  Bacon isn't up for adoption".

"Mochi" Kasidet Danaiphiriya (age21--played by Bas) is an up-and-coming rock star/idol/actor.  He comes from a very wealthy family that is into import of a lot of overseas goods into Thailand.  But Mochi is focused on his entertainment career, and with being a very good cat daddy.  He's signed under "Rowan Entertainment".  He's very popular at the moment.  (The motorcycle is his)

Phech's name translates to Diamond.  (He and his brother are both named after gem stones)  Phech Isn't a mafia guy, his family is just known as the country's "Greatest Financial Tiger".  He's a ruthless business from a family known for "manipulating the global market".   Phech is very powerful and very used to getting what he wants and sometimes he plays hard to get it.  Phech is wily and intimidating. He's one of those power-corporate types that doesn't take "no" for an answer.  But he's totally soft for cats and he's not an actual gangster.

One day Phech waits for Mochi to come retrieve Bacon from the Cat!Cat! Cafe.  At first Mochi thinks Phech is there for an autograph or is some kind of sasaeng. When it comes out that Phech just wants to buy Bacon, Mochi is like "Newp, Newp, Newp.  My cat is not for sale".

So Phech starts looking for a way to get Bacon away from Mochi.  He starts checking into Mochi's life so Phech can find some leverage over Mochi, in order to get Bacon for himself.  He REALLY wants this cat.

Mochi's parents are dead.  And on their behalf, Mochi will inherit 80% of the Danaiphiriya fortune. But Mochi is about 6 months away from the age in which he'll be allowed to inherit, age 22, and so he can't come into the fortune yet.  The assholes in the rest of Mochi's family want the money instead.  So they hire a hit on Mochi because if Mochi is gone, they inherit instead. 

The assassins get ready to do their thing, pursuing Mochi.  But Mochi passes by Phech, who has been trailing Mochi sometimes, trying to find a weakness to exploit.  And Phech smells trouble when he sees men following the actor/singer.  Phech suspects a hit and intends to leave Mochi to the assassins and scoop up Bacon afterwards.  But he suddenly realizes that the assassins might accidentally hurt the cat in the process of taking Mochi out.  So Phech swoops in to rescue Bacon.  By the time the assassins are gone, Mochi has already been hurt in the attempt on his life and thinks himself dying.  Phech goes to take Bacon, leaving Mochi behind, but Bacon is very unwilling to leave his injured owner.  Phech worries Bacon will be traumatized by losing Mochi this way so he scoops them both up.  Literally.

Phech sees this as the opportunity to gain the leverage he needs over Mochi.  So he takes both Bacon and an unconscious Mochi back to his home and puts them in a separate home on the estate.  And while Mochi is still unconscious, Phech takes pictures of him and posts on his social media, declaring that Mochi and Phech are lovers.  Phech argues that he has the reputation and power to keep Mochi safe from his scheming family for the next 6 months and then Mochi can inherit.  But they have to pretend to be lovers.  Why would he do this?  So that he has time to woo the cat away from Mochi, of course.  (Because of course it's all about the cat.)

Until it isn't.  Mochi moves in with Phech and they pretend to be lovers.  In the course of pretending, they actually fall in love for real.  But Mochi's family is getting desperate and they won't give up that easily, Phech or no Phech.  Meanwhile Mochi still has his acting work and his music career, which makes protecting him that much more challenging.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dun especially, but Bas too has said this story is THEIR story.  And it really is.  The author who wrote the story this drama is adapted from is a big DunBas shipper, and she wrote the story imagining Dun and Bas in the roles of Phech and Mochi.  

Oh, thank you for this info! Sounds interesting! Let's see when this series will air!

I'm glad my synopsis was useful.

I am SO looking forward to it.  Really, I can't wait!  I hope it airs soon.

Thank you! This sounds super interesting. Now I'm looking forward to seeing this. The characters, especially Phech, are very complex. I hope they actors are up for the task.

Yardie:

Thank you! This sounds super interesting. Now I'm looking forward to seeing this. The characters, especially Phech, are very complex. I hope they actors are up for the task.

You're welcome!  The book is pretty good.  If I like a drama I often go read the book.  I am often disappointed in the book version.  But this book I really liked.   And I could totally feel how the author actually was thinking of Dun and Bas' strong points when she crafted the tale.  

I am SO looking forward to this.

BadPennyGirl:

You're welcome!  The book is pretty good.  I often like a drama and the go read the book and I am often disappointed in the book version.  But this book I really liked.   And I could totally feel how the author actually was thinking of the actor's strong points when she crafted the tale.  

I am SO looking forward to this.

Can I ask you where did you find the novel? The story sounds quite interesting and after reading your comment I'm even more intrigued  by the book. But on Meb I only found the Thai version.

Did you read it in Thai or were you able to find a translation?

So far as I am aware, there is no English version.  Not even a fan translation.   I used google translate on the Thai version.  

I am informed by friends who tried the same thing that they were all unsuccessful in getting google translate to work on the Thai novel.  I always jailbreak my browsers in developer mode, and perhaps one of the changes I made enabled the translation to work for me.

Thank you very much for the synopsis! Very well done and informative!  As for this series, as long as Bas is in it and he's going to end up having a male love interest,  I'm eagerly waiting!

Mike Gonzalez:

Thank you very much for the synopsis! Very well done and informative!  As for this series, as long as Bas is in it and he's going to end up having a male love interest,  I'm eagerly waiting!

I feel the same way! Bas is my "It Boy".  I have watched everything of his I can get ahold of and this project looks like it's going to be a romp!