Vanilla Sky
The Counte of Monte Cristo
Push
King's Speech
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
It's a wonderful life (1947)
The Road
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
OOOhh That's a toughie because I watch a lot of movies and have many favorites. So I'll just name the fist ones to pop into my head.

Finding Neverland
The Lost Boys
Harry Potter (just about any of the, but I love the fourth and third the most)
Star Wars (I like Episodes IV-VI better than the others)
The Breakfast Club
I think it means both North American and European. I haven't seen Let the Right One In, but I want to. I bought it on DVD, but never got around to watching it. (Dramas distracted me from it lol)
you mean the swedish one? i heard something about the official sub of it being not right and deeper meaning were gone....Ive watch it via torrent with fansub and they said the subs is million better than the official sub ^^
Oh I didn't know that. I bought it from my store. lol
Yeah I wnted to watch the Swedish one first, I don't understand why they made an American version and then failed to give credits to the original.
In no particular order...

1. Les Misérables (1998)
2. Avatar (2009)
3. The Count of Monte Cristo (2002)
4. El Orfanato (2007)
5. Sixteen Candles (1984)
Bladey wrote: Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Yeah, the LOTR is epic.

Sleepninja wrote: Finding Neverland
Star Wars (I like Episodes IV-VI better than the others)

Oh! I loved Finding Neverland too *tear*. And of course Star Wars is awesome, but I liked episode II and III the best.

bokami wrote:
Memento
Edward Scissorhand

Yeah Memento is genius! and I liked Edward Scissorhands too.
Sleepninja wrote: Yeah I wnted to watch the Swedish one first, I don't understand why they made an American version and then failed to give credits to the original.

honestly... the american version of LTROI is the best remake ive seen compare to more popular remake one... but the original one got the edge...for me... in terms of depth... the remake one is better in thrills
is CITY OF GOD counts?
LisNoir wrote: 2. Avatar (2009)
3. The Count of Monte Cristo (2002)

Yes! Another Count of Monte Cristo fan. I seriously love that movie. I don't know why but I've watched it like ten times and I never get tired of it.

Although, I didn't like Avatar. IMO, it was overrated and had a cliche plot-line and a new age/naturalistic/pantheistic message that I felt was overly preached.
Just 5? I might change this when I go home and look at my DVD shelf.

Goodfellas
Like Water For Chocolate
Shawshank Redemption
Trainspotting
LA Confidential
^I haven't seen any of the others on your list Jeanie, but I like Goodfellas too. :D