Why does everybody hate it? Why am I considered weird by everybody for liking it? Why do people think there's something wrong with me? Seriously what's so great about screamo metal when you can't even hear what the people are saying??? I'm a rock fan too, and a country fan. I have a large selection of CD's, but I only ever get picked on for liking POP music! And for the record OLD SCHOOL pop music such as S Club 7 and A Teens none of the garbage that's come out over recent years... Anybody else have this problem? Or is it just me?
I don't like S Club 7 and I'm not even sure who A Teens is, but I like to listen to POP. I didn't know people got picked on for listening to it...lol
PinkDiamond wrote: You're not weird. There's nothing wrong with pop music, and there's nothing wrong with you, at least as far as I know (LOL). I listen to a little bit of everything with the exception of heavy metal...so my friends think I'm strange, especially when it gets down to my music in foreign languages. Then they really give me the look. I say who cares. To each his own. A long as it makes you happy.

Yeah, nothing wrong with liking pop.

PD, my best guy friend called me the other just to tell me something about how my music tastes have "changed"...-_-;
PinkDiamond wrote: You're not weird. There's nothing wrong with pop music, and there's nothing wrong with you, at least as far as I know (LOL). I listen to a little bit of everything with the exception of heavy metal...so my friends think I'm strange, especially when it gets down to my music in foreign languages. Then they really give me the look. I say who cares. To each his own. A long as it makes you happy.

I don't really care what others think of me for liking pop. I'm gonna like old school pop, and Asian pop regardless. I'm just SICK of getting attacked when this subject comes up. I mean I don't care what other people listen to. And yet when pop gets brought up I'm assumed to like Justin B. Which I don't.... As far as Non Asian pop goes I only like S Club 7 and A Teens, but yet I still get picked on. If I was female I'd probably get attacked less for it, but I'm not... I think that's the problem -_-

It's just so annoying =/
People just need to chill the f* out and stop feeling some sort of crappy resentful anger towards something that is not "cool" enough according to them. I am a huge fan of Selena Gomez even though I don't fit into her "target audience" for quite a long time already. And speaking of Justin Bieber - I don't like his songs but I definitely don't hate him. He's kinda cute (not to mention the level of cuteness when he's with Selena <3 ) I used to care if the music was "real"...like if the group/singer wrote it themselves and if the group was formed out of friendship between the members and stuff like that. But there are many great groups and singers out there who are actually products for sale of some sort (and usually they are pop so that's why I'm writing this here) but that doesn't make them any worse. Maybe it's harder to be a product like that because they're representing ideas of many people, they're being one symbol for many notions..now I came to conclusion that it is actually admirable.
Raventhedark wrote: Why does everybody hate it? Why am I considered weird by everybody for liking it? Why do people think there's something wrong with me?

Seriously what's so great about screamo metal when you can't even hear what the people are saying??? I'm a rock fan too, and a country fan. I have a large selection of CD's, but I only ever get picked on for liking POP music! And for the record OLD SCHOOL pop music such as S Club 7 and A Teens none of the garbage that's come out over recent years...

Anybody else have this problem? Or is it just me?

A little contradictious.

And who says everybody hates Pop?

And who says you've got to care what other people think?
To make it short: You have two choices
a)Persuade people/ get them to tolerate your interests
b)Enjoy and ignore/ look for the right people for the right topic

Do not think I am heartless, I do understand where you are coming from, certainly. Folks enjoys ganging about "things" that are foreign and folks enjoys gossiping. I've often met groups of people who had interests that differed from mine. I would stand up for my own opinion, maybe try to open their minds for something new, but also tolerate their opinions/tastes.
My friends don't need to have the same interests as me, having a few things in common is always preferable, but it's not necessary.
I don't have a friend "in the real world" who enjoys Asian dramas and that's exactly the reason why I am on MDL.

Cheer up, you've got "us", Corey. :)
LisNoir wrote: I don't like S Club 7 and I'm not even sure who A Teens is, but I like to listen to POP. I didn't know people got picked on for listening to it...lol

I wasn't aware that people got picked on for listening to it either. I like pop music and screamo and many other genres. I liked S Club 7 wasn't a big fan of A Teens though. Just never got into them.

I like a lot of artists that others consider lame or for only a certain age bracket.

Jonas Brothers for example. I think their songs are fun and very catchy.
Szasha wrote: A little contradictious.

And who says everybody hates Pop?

And who says you've got to care what other people think?
To make it short: You have two choices
a)Persuade people/ get them to tolerate your interests
b)Enjoy and ignore/ look for the right people for the right topic

Do not think I am heartless, I do understand where you are coming from, certainly. Folks enjoys ganging about "things" that are foreign and folks enjoys gossiping. I've often met groups of people who had interests that differed from mine. I would stand up for my own opinion, maybe try to open their minds for something new, but also tolerate their opinions/tastes.
My friends don't need to have the same interests as me, having a few things in common is always preferable, but it's not necessary.
I don't have a friend "in the real world" who enjoys Asian dramas and that's exactly the reason why I am on MDL.

Cheer up, you've got "us", Corey. :)

I'm diverse when it comes to music. And I don't care what other people think about my tastes in music. I love pop and that's not going to change... I also don't care about what other people listen to. I don't go around complaining to my friends that Metal or Country sucks. But whenever POP gets brought I always get bashed by my friends for listening to it... It's just rather annoying...... I know I have you guys here, and I'm thankful for that. "bows down to Hime" :D
Moniisek wrote: People just need to chill the f* out and stop feeling some sort of crappy resentful anger towards something that is not "cool" enough according to them. I am a huge fan of Selena Gomez even though I don't fit into her "target audience" for quite a long time already. And speaking of Justin Bieber - I don't like his songs but I definitely don't hate him. He's kinda cute (not to mention the level of cuteness when he's with Selena <3 )

I used to care if the music was "real"...like if the group/singer wrote it themselves and if the group was formed out of friendship between the members and stuff like that. But there are many great groups and singers out there who are actually products for sale of some sort (and usually they are pop so that's why I'm writing this here) but that doesn't make them any worse. Maybe it's harder to be a product like that because they're representing ideas of many people, they're being one symbol for many notions..now I came to conclusion that it is actually admirable.

I whole heartedly agree with you :)
To be honest, I didn't like POP music when it was big in the '90's. I didn't start liking those bands/songs until later on--after they weren't played on the radio every 15 songs. For example, I heard "Bye Bye Bye" today and started singing a long, but I hated that song when I was in middle school. I'm still not completely fond of modern pop, however, I appreciate all styles of music. I prefer pop from the 1960's, particularly British pop rock (bands like the Beatles, Dave Clark Five, Herman's Hermits, etc.)
I love me some S Club 7 & A-Teens Dancing Queen is still my jam after all these years.

Here is a gif for the people that judge you

I know right! i feel like an outsider every time i talk something that has to do with dramas, pop music.
Revy wrote: I love me some S Club 7 & A-Teens Dancing Queen is still my jam after all these years.

Here is a gif for the people that judge you

ooooo I like that :P Pop is awesome, because there's dancing, and especially Asian pop most of the idols have to learn a minimum of 3 languages! You don't see all that hard work with rock groups or heavy metal or country lol