The best thing about this episode is our hero's intense popped collar robe. Seriously.  I need to find one for myself.  

*sigh* So here is what happened: In short, this episode ties up loose ends from the beginning of the show i.e. the person he was investigating before the trip into the mountains.

1.Ignoring propriety, our leading lady dresses Housekeeper's wound and thanks him for saving her life, which is a nice gesture on her part--me thinks housekeeper will find it hard to take her down now as it will tug at his heart strings--and we are treated to some jealous antics by our hero (please, please give me software to edit out this music it ruins everything....please....someone petition the makers....i know i said wouldn't comment it...but UGH am I the only one who feels this way?)

2.Questions arise--why does Housekeeper want to kill our hero?  Is it because of greed, or something more insidious?  

3.Hero insists that his wife document where she is and who she is with.  Clearly he has never been in love before, and clearly he does not know her enough by now because she is a strong independent woman (and stubborn to a fault)  But I like he owns being a pervert.  However, his punishment seems to be to her benefit  since she probably wouldn't want to sleep with him.  

4.Hero is plagued by guilt and...drags her on to bed...but creates a divider? Should be cute, but at this point I just roll my eyes at these antics.  Would have liked him to just hold her while they slept.  But that would be asking for them to act like normal people, I guess.  

5. The other couple is kind of uninteresting, however: direct quote from Xue Er as she prepares to kill herself (yup)  'My Heart is Now Barren'--I love it!  So epic and over the top like something I might have said when I was twelve...had me on the floor laughing...glad she didn't kill herself.  There was the classic saving someone by jumping in first (see It's a Wonderful Life for reference)

I really liked it--but here we see an issue highlighted time and time again in this show:it wants to be serious...it wants to be funny.  It could be both, but funny turns into a kind of antiquated slap-stick comedy usually reserved for kids under the age of 10.  Is that their target audience?  Am I too critical?

6.The whole bed scene WAS a little sexy. In the morning.  I admit that.  Points to the show.  I felt some chemistry there.  'I can feel you watching me' that made me smile.  

7..Flying Leopard (the guy from episodes ago--love the name) is acknowledged as dead...Chu Chu (yup) is missing...but no worries, his wife will go in!  And without telling him.  Because our leading lady does whatever she wants.  And nearly gets killed.  It seems she does not know her own limits. And everything should be okay because she is trying to help...ugh.  Please, please smarten up before someone gets killed.

8.And hero is anti torture...which is great and all but extremely, extremely not accurate history wise.  In them days, you were guilty unless proven innocent.  And torture was often the way one got (highly suspect) confessions...other drams often use it as a devise to show one's commitment to others as they don't talk...but nope, not here.  

I rate this episode a 6.5, because there seemed to be a little chemistry.  Otherwise it felt like filler.  Some of which was probs needed to move the plot farther but not executed well, and I am becoming impatient with this girl never being held accountable for her choices.