There will most likely be a kiss scene or scenes considering the type of drama this will be. We saw in Blue whisper how they where kiss scenes because they drama required them compared to One and Only and Forever and ever (I forgot the name ??) if Allen doesn't do it himself he will most likely get a stunt double to do it and they angles will just be different.

And for those who are saying that dramas don't need kiss scenes, Yes they do especially romance dramas. If they drama isn't heavily focused on the drama then fine a kiss scene doesn't need to be in it but if it does then absolutely. A kiss scene and a confession helps us understand that the leads are now a couple officially and not just acknowledging that they both like each other. Certain dramas that have romance as a sub genre such as The Long Ballad and Allen's previously two dramas (excluding The Blue whisper) don't need it. 

This may sound harsh but if an actor doesn't want to do any kiss scenes then they should just not do romance dramas period. I respect people that stick to their morals but why would you want to be in something that goes against it. As an actor you should know what certain dramas require you to do and do should their spouses or loved ones, you married this person don't you know what job they do?

Now they may be a few dramas that are heavily based on romance and don't have any kiss scenes they are few but I know they exist.  These dramas either made these decisions because of the plot or something else.

All this is coming from someone involved in the Film Industry.

THANKS FOR LISTENING TO MY RANT ? 

You know, I also find it to be absolutely ridiculous for him to choose romance scripts but refuses to kiss his partners. Getting a stunt double for your kiss scene, weird angles and fake kisses, I find it extremely insulting to the viewers.

It's fine if you don't want to kiss since you are married or if you want to stick to certain morals, but the least you could do is to work on scripts that don't require kissing scenes. A romance drama needs kisses between the two people involved.

This is the reason I can't bring myself to watch his shows, it's highly unprofessional of him.

@micheal1803 and @Taekook Forever, I agree with you completely! I made a similar comment on drama list and I was heavily criticized. Why does Allen Ren continue to choose romance when he doesn't want to kiss the FL. He should not be an actor. I don't understand why and how he gets so many roles. And I don't think there will be any kisses. Just hugs!

Taekook Forever:

You know, I also find it to be absolutely ridiculous for him to choose romance scripts but refuses to kiss his partners. Getting a stunt double for your kiss scene, weird angles and fake kisses, I find it extremely insulting to the viewers.

It's fine if you don't want to kiss since you are married or if you want to stick to certain morals, but the least you could do is to work on scripts that don't require kissing scenes. A romance drama needs kisses between the two people involved.

This is the reason I can't bring myself to watch his shows, it's highly unprofessional of him.

I agree with all you three, I also said this in comment sections and they attack me. The only reason I excuse the no kissing in a adult actor or actress it’s the costar is underage (like Hi Mr Fashion she was 15 and he was like 30) or he/she has a sickness that can be transferred by kissing. But wife’s and husband’s meet their actor partner being actors so why prohibit them from doing such things. Also it looks non professional to use stunt doubles or angles to cheat the fans. But Allen seem very non professional as he also use a body suit to look buff instead of working out. 

Yup, the joy of finding new romance dramas in the pipeline brightens my day, but it got squashed immediately after seeing the name Ren Jialun as the male lead, 

Why still do romance if can't oblige us with passion and kisses? I guess he's got no choice since he's still in his prime looking pretty handsome. What role can he do other than ML in romance dramas! 

Shouldn't yoiu be blaming the directors for offering him these "romance" dramas - despite knowing he may not do kiss scenes.

He did soft kiss with Bai Lu and lots of kiss scenes with Dilraba. If he won't do one in here then that means the director was okay with it. His dramas went fine even without those kiss scenes.

Although I agree with your POV that he shouldn't do romance if he's uncomfortable or his wife should find another way for them earn money if she is so uncomfortable with it (because I honestly think he is fine with it) but still, those directors who still gave the role to him must be blamed.

Actually I was just surprised to know that kissing scenes were such a big deal for some cdrama actors - so most of them will eat garlic before kissing scenes for whatever reasons- I also find that mean and so unprofessional. 

I watched that he would rather do different roles but unfortunately these are the only roles offered to him and it's rare to cdrama not to add romance - just look at his old last drama about firefighters but ended up focusing on romance.

AnastasiaWun:

Yup, the joy of finding new romance dramas in the pipeline brightens my day, but it got squashed immediately after seeing the name Ren Jialun as the male lead, 

Why still do romance if can't oblige us with passion and kisses? I guess he's got no choice since he's still in his prime looking pretty handsome. What role can he do other than ML in romance dramas! 

I mean there’s a few options, even there’s dramas with sub plot as romance where there’s the hint of flirting but nothing happens. Example Doctor Examiner Dr Qin, we never got anything but we surely felt the flirting chemistry. But they still keep getting him for dramas that are mainly plotted ROMANCE *face slap* but worst using body double/substitutes for the kissing scenes. 

I agree with every word you said ❣️ If he is a professional and does romance dramas, he must do it* or he must take  other roles. That’s why I don’t watch him , sorry Allen ..but  a romance dramas needs kisses ? and no fakes kisses.

LOL, the rating of well written drama and good production with good casting and acting are sometimes lowered by no no kissing cast. We need scenes like this one - Ep 22 timestamped 08:54 of "Maid's Revenge"

At this point if I risk myself and watch this I won’t rate it low for no kisses because I know there is a possibility he won’t kiss and use body doubles or angles, with his previous two dramas (which I didn’t watch but was told about it) he did kiss and we got like trailers where we saw the kisses. So people knew before watching this. I haven’t seen kisses on this trailer, but I seen them very near to kissing. But because I do like his Co star I’m willing to risk it. I hope his wife gave him permission to start doing kissing scenes. 

SecondaryLeadsandcouples:

At this point if I risk myself and watch this I won’t rate it low for no kisses because I know there is a possibility he won’t kiss and use body doubles or angles, with his previous two dramas (which I didn’t watch but was told about it) he did kiss and we got like trailers where we saw the kisses. So people knew before watching this. I haven’t seen kisses on this trailer, but I seen them very near to kissing. But because I do like his Co star I’m willing to risk it. I hope his wife gave him permission to start doing kissing scenes. 

LOL, based on the way he portrayed his ML character so far (we're now @#12) and that one pathetic teaser scene of closing-in-on-her in the opening song, i bet there'll be Zero KIXX and one teaser!!!

I have the same sentiment.

Ren Allen is a very charming actor, that is the reason he was able to charm the viewers with his face aura alone - it helps him make up for what he lacks. His acting is either good or bad. In some scenes he is really good but there are times where he cannot show his emotions properly.

What I noticed is sometimes he couldn't look his fl in the eyes, so if close up you can clearly see he is either looking at part of their face, he rarely shows the in love eyes he was supposed to. At times he can, at times he can't. 

Romance in cdrama land seems inevitable so it is better if he and his wife will talk properly so he can work properly. If his wife is the jealous type then she should ask him to stop working.

I just think if I was the actress and I am so passionate with my work and excited show my acting but the ml is obviously uncomfortable,  I too will be uncomfortable. 

I think this is why he is sometimes overshadowed by his fl. When it comes to acting those fl will shine at times where he feel uncomfortable. 

He had a great chemistry with Seven Tan so even without kiss scene that works but of course it will be better with one.

With Bai Lu - it works because both of them were great acting, especially Bai Lu she was good giving love look but even with that Ren couldn't give that look.

With Riba, it works at first but the latter part of the series it seems he also just lose interest and just want to end it quick and that clearly shows, so I was questioning his professionalism at that tim or whether his wife starts to get jealous so he couldn't focus - and since he made this just few weeks after BW wrapped up - I wonder if that's why he also look uncomfortable at times.

I probably would have agreed, until I saw Arsenal Military Academy (Xu Kai and Bai Lu). I don't recall the leads kissing once in that series and it was still very romantic. I have seen both leads in different shows with kissing scenes, so it's not a matter of being averse to kissing scenes for either of them. I'm learning that not every show needs it and it can still work.

When watching any dramas where Allen is a male lead, don't expect or have high hope that there are any kissing scenes. If he chooses to be an actor as his profession and refused to do kissing scenes in romantic drama, then he is unprofessional or have any professionalism of his work.  It is like being a secretary but refused to use the computer to type.  A drama is made by a whole team works of hundreds of peoples who pour sweat and tears in the production to make it a masterpiece or a junk.  It is not only his work alone and continues to refuse to do kissing scenes.  It is clearly unprofessional.  Periods.

Give him another few years when he reaches 40 when no one will give him a leading role anymore because the younger generations like Dylan Wang or Wang Yi Bo or Riba or Esther Yu will surpass this old-dinosaurs actor Allen in acting in a blink.  Time is cruel and will eliminates any actors or actress who can't keep up with the demands.  I am not worried. 

AnastasiaWun:

LOL, based on the way he portrayed his ML character so far (we're now @#12) and that one pathetic teaser scene of closing-in-on-her in the opening song, i bet there'll be Zero KIXX and one teaser!!!

Yeah it’s a possibility no kisses, near kisses scene with interruptions hahah