CristyRawks:

SPOILER ALERT!

As of Ep 32, nothing, nada, zilch! Hugely disappointing. He needs to do bromances from now on. smh 

Just what most of us expected. 

CristyRawks:

SPOILER ALERT!

As of Ep 32, nothing, nada, zilch! Hugely disappointing. He needs to do bromances from now on. smh 

Lol.. seriously 

Taekook Forever:

You know, I also find it to be absolutely ridiculous for him to choose romance scripts but refuses to kiss his partners. Getting a stunt double for your kiss scene, weird angles and fake kisses, I find it extremely insulting to the viewers.

It's fine if you don't want to kiss since you are married or if you want to stick to certain morals, but the least you could do is to work on scripts that don't require kissing scenes. A romance drama needs kisses between the two people involved.

This is the reason I can't bring myself to watch his shows, it's highly unprofessional of him.

Did you personally see that he get stunt to do kiss scenes? do not spread fake rumours. if you did not watch forever and ever and blue whisper please dont say these. it is something that not everyone can do. being romantic and lovey WITHOUT intimate or kiss scenes! his stares his gesture makes ppl who watch the drama felt romantic already. 

susususu:

Did you personally see that he get stunt to do kiss scenes? do not spread fake rumours. if you did not watch forever and ever and blue whisper please dont say these. it is something that not everyone can do. being romantic and lovey WITHOUT intimate or kiss scenes! his stares his gesture makes ppl who watch the drama felt romantic already. 

If you read most comments here we already talked about those dramas and he had those recent releases, he only kiss once before marriage and twice after being married which are the once you mentioned. Read all the comments! Someone said he made of choose to kiss those two actresses (Bai Lu and Dilraba) because they are traffic stars meaning they get many viewers and that works for him. and yes seven said that at least on her drama with Allen ( Under the Power) they used body doubles for the kissing scenes. So she is not just saying it! Also his gestures and stares?! His wife in this drama was confessing many things because she knew she was about to die which he also knew! And he had a dead fish look no emotion! She was hugging him and he had his hands on his pockets. So I don’t understand which stares or gestures you are talking about. His acting was the worst on this drama.

im just amazed with how this thread is so toxic, so many people are creating rumors of Allen demanding to remove kiss scenes, pulling in his wife into the picture, abusing him in any form of discriminations online. he is one actor who could kneel any form of romance scene without necessarily a kiss scene. watching his character with FL without kiss scenes, his body gesture, small little actions, his eye contact already causes audiences feeling shy and sweet thats something allen can do. 

if you read the storybook you would know that the script require kisses scene. he will do it. saying he only kisses traffic stars? oh please. yes riba is more popular then allen but bai lu? so do not create rumours as such that he ONLY kisses traffic star

susususu:

im just amazed with how this thread is so toxic, so many people are creating rumors of Allen demanding to remove kiss scenes, pulling in his wife into the picture, abusing him in any form of discriminations online. he is one actor who could kneel any form of romance scene without necessarily a kiss scene. watching his character with FL without kiss scenes, his body gesture, small little actions, his eye contact already causes audiences feeling shy and sweet thats something allen can do. 

Because we seen it that’s why we talk hahhaa but being blinded wouldn’t let you see. You seen the comments on the drama page? Most are saying the same. The things I said are because there’s proof, he said in a interview he didn’t kiss for respect to his marriage, Seven said about the body doubles. I’m not just going to talk to talk. Even Chinese netizens are noticing about his body doubles and comparing the faces and his moles he has and his body double and talking about it. 

Im not going to praise an actor for his acting just because I find him good looking I am not that kind of fan or viewer. 

But to each their own. What you call toxic is just being sincere because it what we personally see (about his acting). 

susususu:

if you read the storybook you would know that the script require kisses scene. he will do it. saying he only kisses traffic stars? oh please. yes riba is more popular then allen but bai lu? so do not create rumours as such that he ONLY kisses traffic star

True. Out of all the commenters her posts is the one that stands out the most. It is not just simple criticism and complain, it's full of hate. Just read 

I mean, yes, he didn't do kissing scenes but the director,  the writer,  the producer and his co-stars all agreed to it. Yet the blame was on him?

And when he did kiss scene she made it sound like "he agreed because they are popular"

Dude, Bai Lu is only starting to get popular when they filmed together. Not even in A-list yet.

I am not hating on him or anything. Actually,  am a fan - not a huge fan but I did follow groups and pages related to him (which I rarely do)

Just take this as constructive criticism. 

The other person is right, when they said that nowadays it has become apparent that his acting range isn't that huge. If you'll binge watch his dramas, you will see that his facial expressions were mostly generic - he has the same facial expression when it comes to similar scenes.

His expressions when showing anger, cute smile and other expressions were all the same.I didn't notice them while watching One and Only and Blue Whisper - but after watching a Thousand Years and then tried to binge watch his other dramas, then yes  you'll notice.

As for kissing scenes. It is true that not every dramas required kissing scenes - but if it's required then they should do it instead of faking it - let us be honest,a lot of female celebrities doesn't like to do kissing scenes as well but they do it and endure because it is required.

If he is not uncomfortable doing that, then he should make sure his dramas aren't romance which requires tha kissing scenes and if he will do it, I do hope he is giving his best on it too - and not make his costars feel guilty.

And the wife, there were actors with jealous wife - and honestly speaking I always find that hypocritical- you let your partner become an actor - enjoy the money they earn - but let your jealousy affect their work?

I don't know, it may be sweet - but again - I prefer professionalism. 

So, it's good if he will not fake kiss scenes anymore or just do better in choosing non-romantic dramas.

I didn't read this entire thread because it's so long so I'm not sure if this was already mentioned but last year (2021), Allen was in a reality show called 'Have Fun' and Bai Lu was a guest in ep 9. Usually Allen interacts with the guest a lot since he is one of the host so it's his job to make the guest feel comfortable but many people commented on the fact that he completely ignored Bai Lu for the most part even though Bai Lu is most familiar with Allen out of the four hosts so out of everyone, it would've made the most sense for Allen to take care of Bai Lu, the guest of the episode.

As for people saying that we should stop watching his shows if it bothers us so much, well there's only so many quality scripts and so many dramas the actresses we like can do each year. Kiss scenes are important for the storyline's development. It's unfair to get a lackluster performance on an otherwise amazing drama/script because the actor failed to convince the audience of the romance.

It actually took me a long time to watch Allen's work despite I have been watching Cdramas for years. This maybe due to reasons that he is very famous regarding his 'no kissing' contract so for years I have been giggling everytime I see viewers rants about him. For me, if he doesnt want to kiss his partner, then he should avoid romance dramas in general. 

But finally this year, it changed when I watched The Blue Whisper. He is to me, the biggest surprise in that drama since I love his take on Changyi -- from his child like innocence, to his broken self after the betrayal to him getting back his smiles after the reunion -- I thought the micro expressions that he shown even when he supposed to hate Yunhe at that time was pretty awesome. And there is a lot of kissing scenes which makes me question what I have been reading over the years lol. I'm expecting a body double, camera angles but he did it himself all of those. So have he changed his mind now?

Then the one that did it for me when I watched him in One & Only and Forever & Ever. This 2 dramas really ruined romance drama for me since I have never thought a love story as beautiful as this can be made where no stupid misunderstandings, petty games, breakups but the story is just a story how 2 people in love face adversities together becoming stronger than ever as the time passed on. The calm and tranquility they found in each other was the best part of the stories -- you understand their love -- why it is deep -- and why even death cant tear them apart. Again, I'm watching this 2 dramas trying to imagine his body must be reluctant to do many of the scenes since like 70% of the drama is basically sweet scenes between him and Bailu, but I dont get any of the impressions to my surprise. There's kissing scene, a loooooooot of close up scenes, countless of hugs, countless of kissing scene on the cheek, they share foods alllll the time and he even let Bailu hugs him without clothes on (the bathtub scene). And tbh, I have never seen a couple more happy and smile to each other as much as they smile to each other in the drama. There, a perfect romance drama in my book. 

So at the end of the day, I think people perspective on him and his portrayals might be different on how people view him. To my surprise, despite I have this negative perception of him, and do try to imagine him being reluctant, in the end, I dont get any of that which makes it a very pleasant surprise. 

So, if his upcoming dramas do not have kissing scenes, I would like to ask why since The Blue Whisper & Forever & Ever exist and he shot this dramas recently.

Alexandria Gabriel:

Jerry said in an interview. He ate garlic before kissing Shen Yue, so Shen Yue got traumatized and no longer want to be kiss, so they used body double for the kiss.

You misunderstood his phrase. Jerry Yan said "Because I ate garlic before kiss scenes, Shen Yue didnt want to be kissed anymore. She HOPES that she can find replacement to do kiss with me." It's just HOPING. It's not even the reality. Shen Yue needs to do the kiss herself that's why she hopes she can escape from that garlic smell thing in Jerry's mouth. So in conclusion, she still kissed him with her lips. No stunt doubles. 

HOPE is expecting something else. There is no way Shen Yue used stunt man for kiss because we clearly saw the side profile of them of doing kiss scenes. Plus we saw the close up face of Shen Yue when Jerry Yan kissed her in many times. Dont spread fake rumour just because Jerry Yan was joking about it. He said "She hopes" it means that is just her wish. Not the actual events. 

Fake kisses are like RJL did in UTP n Lizard. Full zoom in mouth area or eyes area without showing the full side profile from the main couple. Fortunately, he did kiss Bai Lu n Dilraba in his latest two dramas. Whatever his reasons. I respected him for breaking his own rules for these two dramas. 

For Shen Yue thing, you can go back to youtube and watch the interview once again with proper eng subs. 

https://youtu.be/QM_XI29Hc2Y