SecondaryLeadsandcouples:

Maybe because we are adults who can grasp and comprehend the situation, The named actresses are in fact super famous and IT girls in China. And I am not a fan of neither so I don't watch neither dramas but I can accept they are huge. Also why would he turn down such projects, and he is not that important to have the kissing scenes removed. 

Exactly like if he were a brilliant actor or even a traffic star i can understand he may be throwing a little tantrum sometimes. But his case is unbelievable 

Or maybe he should stick to action dramas but he is not dumb he knows what sells and that is romance. Let see how that goes. 

I think he has no releases anytime soon after this drama 

Alexandria Gabriel:

Pretty sure Bai Lu and LQ were in same line when it comes to popularity. BL mostly became more popular after One and Only.

Seven Tan is also popular. Dilraba is probably the most popular amongst the ones he partnered with, so it is obvious he cannot offend her, otherwise he will be canceled. 

But most of the girls he partnered with were mostly same line when it comes to popularity. 

When under the power came out hardly anyone knew him..it was Seven all the way. She practically carried the drama on her own. Bai Lu became popular after legends and Arsenal military academy not because of one and only. And Dilreba is Dilreba.

menda tshering:

When under the power came out hardly anyone knew him..it was Seven all the way. She practically carried the drama on her own. Bai Lu became popular after legends and Arsenal military academy not because of one and only. And Dilreba is Dilreba.

Exactly, if they were more popular than him what makes you think he is the one who have the power to choose his costars?

When given a script, they do not include who the rest of the costar is. Until everything is finalized that is the only time they will know who they will work with. Because again, a lot of these stars could back out any time, especially if they are popular, they could back out even after they were confirmed.

They have no say on to whom they will be acting with, especially for lesser known stars.

A lot of A-lister stars gets to be paired up with lesser well known stars. 

Alexandria Gabriel:

Exactly, if they were more popular than him what makes you think he is the one who have the power to choose his costars?

When given a script, they do not include who the rest of the costar is. Until everything is finalized that is the only time they will know who they will work with. Because again, a lot of these stars could back out any time, especially if they are popular, they could back out even after they were confirmed.

They have no say on to whom they will be acting with, especially for lesser known stars.

A lot of A-lister stars gets to be paired up with lesser well known stars. 

As far as I know they go with the script to the A listers first and if he/she agrees they add on the rest of the cast. How can you have a script without the slightest clue which actors or actresses could play the role? They have a basic idea of what they need in the actors/actresses 

menda tshering:

As far as I know they go with the script to the A listers first and if he/she agrees they add on the rest of the cast. How can you have a script without the slightest clue which actors or actresses could play the role? They have a basic idea of what they need in the actors/actresses 

Oh, this one...I watched interviews from those cdrama celebrities but they all said the same thing. They have no power on whatever is going with the drama and that includes the stars they will work with.

What they will receive at first is a script, so they can know at least about the plot. So all that's written on that script is the plot, not whom they will act with.

So they will accept the script because they like the plot.

Then when accepted. They just have to wait. Once the other cast also accepted, only then will the main cast will know whom they will act with.

So some of them can back out if they do not want to work with that person, if not then they will be confirmed to work together and just have to wait for any updates for the script reading (where the casts will meet)

So fif they get to work with good people, they are thankful. If not, they will just endure until the filming is over.

I just watched RJ later interview and he said the same thing. Before they joined the cast, LQ message him a lot and asked him if they should confirm "certain content"(probably kissing scenes and all). 

menda tshering:

I think Alexandria doesn’t know how the industry works. Because it could be the actress we’re chosen first than him. That’s how he would of know! *Face slap* 

Alexandria Gabriel:

Pretty sure Bai Lu and LQ were in same line when it comes to popularity. BL mostly became more popular after One and Only.

Seven Tan is also popular. Dilraba is probably the most popular amongst the ones he partnered with, so it is obvious he cannot offend her, otherwise he will be canceled. 

But most of the girls he partnered with were mostly same line when it comes to popularity. 

Sorry but no Bai Lu in one and only is way more known that him, that one it was release  this year. Bai Lu became a traffic actress when she started doing dramas with Xu Kai. Because of the chemistry. 

I think Alexandria doesn’t know how the industry works. Because it could be the actress we’re chosen first than him. That’s how he would of know! *Face slap* 

I think your reading comprehension is just weak? *face slap*

Read my post again. I said the same thing. If they are more popular than him, what makes you think he has "more power"to choose what he shouldn't do?

Because your comment is implying he choose his works because of the actresses.

I was very very disappointed when I found out that his kiss scenes with Xing Fei in Lizard and Crow was fake, I was almost through with the series then but because of that, I lost interest and  dropped it. It's not because I can't watch series without kiss scenes, as a matter of fact I prefer thrillers, serial killers, investigation, detective dramas with zero romance in it. But when I choose a romance drama, I expect it to be a ROMANCE DRAMA! and a romance drama is not a romance drama without a REAL kiss. I did not subscribe to Youku, iQIYI, wetv etc only for you to be unprofessional. There's a reason why you are an ACTOR at the first place, if you are married , keep it at home. Once the director shouts action, you are to get into your role. That's what you are being paid for after all.  When I finally get married to LEE MIN HO ( don't take that seriously ?) there's no way on earth I am going to ban him from kiss scenes, it's his Job and I am going to respect that. I am not going to be a So Ye Ji/Kim Jung Hyun.

As for the directors giving him romantic roles, he should decline them. If he runs out of work then he should blame his wife for it.  Besides, his acting doesn't even make up for the fake kisses . You guys can't even imagine how disappointed i was when I found out that he is the leading guy in this series, I was really excited cause I loved the plot, only for it to end as a disappointment.  

Sorry for joining the conversation so late when I was the first person to reply to this thread? my phone got stolen  and i recently got a new one. 

Right... they take in the biggest star and then add the others according to the budget of the drama 

menda tshering:

Right... they take in the biggest star and then add the others according to the budget of the drama 

Clearly but said by another user my comprehension is weak so I don't understand hahaha. 

Alexandria Gabriel:

I think your reading comprehension is just weak? *face slap*

Read my post again. I said the same thing. If they are more popular than him, what makes you think he has "more power"to choose what he shouldn't do?

Because your comment is implying he choose his works because of the actresses.

Hhahaha okay the first one to mention that wasn't me:

menda tshering 

2 days ago

Connoisseur of Gratitude:

I am just curious,   many of you criticize him for not kissing  and but you are still watching his dramas ,  what  is  so special  about this  guy that makes you still watch him, especially in romance dramas?  

------->He has a cute face and decent acting...but it's mostly his co stars who have more fans. Seven Tan,Bai lu, Dilreba who wouldn't watch their dramas?

I kept responding to people who deny the popularity of the actresses if you were included on those few well that is that. Also you keep denying the popularity of BL "Pretty sure Bai Lu and LQ were in same line when it comes to popularity. BL mostly became more popular after One and Only."

Okay you say my reading comprehension is weak Okay well either you don't explain yourself right or understand how the industry works because I am not the only one that mention about t how the script are chosen or if he knows or not. Another user: " As far as I know they go with the script to the A listers first and if he/she agrees they add on the rest of the cast. How can you have a script without the slightest clue which actors or actresses could play the role? They have a basic idea of what they need in the actors/actresses."

You will keep defending the undefendable (which is him) and I won't agree so let's just leave it like that, Bye. 

This is why I said your reading comprehension is weak.

Read my comments again.  Which part did I ever deny any of those girls popularity?

Wasn't I kept pointing at, that your posts is so contradicting?

• You kep saying "He is good at choosing his dramas and played with popular actress " BUT THEN WENT ON TO SAY, (THEY ARE POPULAR BUT HE STILL HAS MORE RIGHT TO DEMAND) . YOU KEPT IMPLYING HE HAS CONNECTIONS OR WHATEVER. 

YOUR POSTS JUST KEPT CONTRADICTING.

You even comments "Soon he will have no more luck, bla blah blah" - the you'll say, "no one wishes him ill. Hate that he's not doing kisses but hate not hate him as a perso " - but your comment says otherwise. 

I say, read again and read properly. 

SPOILER ALERT!

As of Ep 32, nothing, nada, zilch! Hugely disappointing. He needs to do bromances from now on. smh