@Rima-Chan I don’t know if you know of the scandal of those two Korean actors (the actress of it’s okay to not be okay) well she kept telling her boyfriend who is an actor to not kiss his co stars and not get near them. Imagine how uncomfortable he must felt, he even told the producers if they could cut the kisses scene. The power of a controlling girlfriend or wife. I wouldn’t doubt Ren’s wife is this way. Like you say he looks uncomfortable at times. Not into his romance parts. Maybe he is scared. 

Not to be mean I don’t why they keep giving him leading parts, he is okay looking not level Yang Yang and his acting is not amazing. And add that he doesn’t kiss, I’m like why if there’s better looking, better acting and that do kiss actors they are still giving him leads. 

As i was going through @Rima-chan's insight on AR & his reel interactions, some weird theory came to mind. I'll probably be bombarded for thinking it! 

Before coming to this section, I wasn't even aware until i read here that even stand-in were used for KIXX scenes when these must happen in those dramas. Only the production team knows the truth but won't deny/disclose! 

I'm aware he's married to someone, a female. But could that be a false front to hide his real inner self. The earlier comments about this ML's inability to look at his costar straight in the eyes; sometimes can but most times cannot portray the loving eyes that a person-in-love with the other person should have! Perhaps he's averse to actresses and using his marital status to reject KIXX scenes. 

TBH, i find him to be most of the time very emotionless and stifled. So, when storyline is uninteresting and its FL is boring or irritating, it'll just be a passing drama for me - fleeting from start to finale just to know how it ended...

@AnastasiaWun Apparently a stand-in during kiss scenes is nothing new in Cdrama. Some actors and actresses are not comfortable with kissing scenes so they even eat garlic before kissing scene - Yang Mi had to eat garlic during her kiss scene. Jerry Yan ate garlic before his kiss scene with San Yue.

Honestly speaking I find that very mean and very unprofessional. San Yue had to use a stand-in in her next kissing scenes with Jerry Yan after what he did.  I do not know why they had to eat something bad before kiss scene, it will make their costar uncomfortable(imagine having to kiss your costar and endure the smell because they find it fun or just uncomfortable. 

So I am gguessing most of his costars are fine without kissing scenes as well.

I watched the bts the scenes. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is true that he looked shy during his first kissing sscene with Bai Lu - he tried, you can tell he was willing to try. Although the shyness was obvious and you can see he tried to be comfortable later on.

In Mr. Crow and Miss Lizard,  the FL was obviously uuncomfortable to do physical closeness with him, not because he is uncomfortable but probably because you know? She is a girl and still uncomfortable to lay on top of a man.

Riba was probably the first actress he had to kiss for real and long.  I couldn't see a bts of their first two kiss scenes but the other kissing scenes they did , you can see he was really comfortable, even joke around after the kiss and do another take. So it's probably because he got used to it or because Riba doesn't show uncomfortable or was okay with it. 

Although I compared it to when they took the poster photos where he was so nervous to look at her face for whatever reasons, that discomfort seems to disappeared later on probably because Riba kept joking around.

But yes,  during the last scene and wrapped up. He did seem uncomfortable,  even though all they had to do was hold hand for the last scene, it just so different if you will compare it to how comfortable he was during kiss scenes,  so maybe his wife did get jealous?

I watched the bbts for Thousand Years and he and LQ doesn't interact that much. If we are going to take it to a count that he shoot this drama on the same year as he shoot BW so it may be the reason why he seems distant towards LQ, to avoid further issue

Or maybe because YANG Yang and him are friends and YY AND LQ seems to be ex-lovers?

Either way, maybe there wouldn't be much kissing scenes in tthis drama.

But if we are going to talk about pprofessionalism,  I think a lot of actors and actresses can be called unprofessional.  They may have done kiss scenes, but if they ate garlic or smoke  "on purpose" during or before kissing scenes then I also take that as unprofessional and even rude.

@Anastasia with his Umbrella drama with Lu Si they did say it was a stand double that’s why I knew that he had a no kissing contract. 

@Alexandria the girl from Mr. Crow and Miss Lizard has done many heated scenes before that drama so is not that. Also they didn’t kiss, used camera angles. They never touched lips. 

I don’t know what happen with Jerry and Shen Yue but most their scenes are them kissing, the camera angle shows both faces and lips touching, the only way you know that an actor is not kissing is 1. They camera zooms in extremely where you only see their  lips, there fore not showings the actors faces here is where they use lip doubles. 2. When they use the thumb in lip and I kiss my thump not your lips. But he doesn’t even do this because probably the wife doesn’t even want him that close. 

He has only kiss two, Dilraba and Bai Lu. Why I don’t know and to me makes scenes. Was the wife okay I like them? Did they pay him more and the wife was ooh more money okay do it, which shows what kind of Morals both have. Or he did like them and said yes? Is not even the age SEVEN Tan is 32, he is just one year older than her.

SecondaryLeadsandcouples:

@Anastasia with his Umbrella drama with Lu Si they did say it was a stand double that’s why I knew that he had a no kissing contract. 

@Alexandria the girl from Mr. Crow and Miss Lizard has done many heated scenes before that drama so is not that. Also they didn’t kiss, used camera angles. They never touched lips. 

He has only kiss two, Dilraba and Bai Lu 

Umbrella drama?

Alexandria Gabriel:

Umbrella drama?

https://mydramalist.com/25650-beneath-the-

Under the power (auto correct messed me up) 

angeliviki2022:

I probably would have agreed, until I saw Arsenal Military Academy (Xu Kai and Bai Lu). I don't recall the leads kissing once in that series and it was still very romantic. I have seen both leads in different shows with kissing scenes, so it's not a matter of being averse to kissing scenes for either of them. I'm learning that not every show needs it and it can still work.

Arsenal Military Academy did have a kiss scene but it was deleted and the director replaced the no kiss scenes with lots of physical contact such as holding hands ect. And as I said before there are some shows that don't need kiss scenes because of the plot which but dramas which are heavily romance based atleast needs a kiss scene if not then close contact.

I totally agree. Said it many times…if the drama is not an idol drama or aimed at a young audience and the focus is on romance, refusing to kiss or be awkward about it is super unprofessional. I cringe everytime he kissed his costars as it feel so childish and doesn’t convey the love and passion that is being said. I wish these married actors would stick to other genres if they are uncomfortable with kissing.

Minoucha:

I totally agree. Said it many times…if the drama is not an idol drama or aimed at a young audience and the focus is on romance, refusing to kiss or be awkward about it is super unprofessional. I cringe everytime he kissed his costars as it feel so childish and doesn’t convey the love and passion that is being said. I wish these married actors would stick to other genres if they are uncomfortable with kissing.

In which other dramas has he kiss besides One and Only and Blue Whisper, because example on Under the power he didn’t kiss Seven it was camera angles and body doubles. In the one something Ms Lizard also camera angles. So I am wondering in which one you seen him actually kiss. 

I saw a video from his live stream last year(Probably after he's done with Blue Whisper)

A fan asked him when is he gonna pick a new drama. He said he is still reading scripts thoroughly.  

Because there are times when the script given to him is different from the final script that they give later on.
So of course, he had to do what he was told, EVEN IF HE DIDN'T WANT TO. He will have to do it even if he didn't want to.

So he may be talking about those kissing scenes from BW? Although he did look comfortable with the kiss scenes later on, I think he was still worried about his wife.

So if that was the case, there may not be kissing scenes in here.
And that means, the scripts he got, doesn't have kissing scenes (not becsuse the he told them to remove it or whatever). He just choose those dramas but if it's required he will do it even if it's against his rule.

Anyway if that were the case then there will be no kissing scene in here is probably why he also choose this drama.

Alexandria Gabriel:

I saw a video from his live stream last year(Probably after he's done with Blue Whisper)

A fan asked him when is he gonna pick a new drama. He said he is still reading scripts thoroughly.  

Because there are times when the script given to him is different from the final script that they give later on.
So of course, he had to do what he was told, EVEN IF HE DIDN'T WANT TO. He will have to do it even if he didn't want to.

So he may be talking about those kissing scenes from BW? Although he did look comfortable with the kiss scenes later on, I think he was still worried about his wife.

So if that was the case, there may not be kissing scenes in here.
And that means, the scripts he got, doesn't have kissing scenes (not becsuse the he told them to remove it or whatever). He just choose those dramas but if it's required he will do it even if it's against his rule.

Anyway if that were the case then there will be no kissing scene in here is probably why he also choose this drama.

Okay this is how it works, The actor or actress works for a company right? The higher ups most of the time are the ones who  makes the bigger decisions, mostly where and if it worth to sending their talent.  They have people who work under them who are in charge of picking the right work propositions (movies, tv series, show appearances, commercials, etc etc)  from different companies. Okay then the actor has a manager and assistant. They are in charge of giving packages (depending how famous the actor/actress is can be 1 to many many more) of projects to possible work in.  Okay next step this was done before he or she made their first drama, they do a contract. They disclose many things money for example blah blah but here we are talking about what he doesn't want to do so let's talk about that.  Allen can disclose to his manager and company that he doesn't want to kiss, they probably told him to do it because it will be bad for him to not do that blah blah and he resisted and said my family first and I will risk it.  Many can ask to not do bed scenes, nudes, or they don't do their own action scenes  those things are important to talk about before you sign the contract.  Okay now this is where we talk about what you said.  The company or manager talk to the company they work with and they tell them Allen is new and that he looks like this (mostly show pics) and he is that but he doesn't kiss. So companies do know, and they can not just add a kiss after because it was disclose before he accepted the script that he doesn't do kisses. On the ones with camera angles and body doubles of course he will be okay but they do have to tell him before time.  So no there isn't things added after he accepted and if they do he can definitely say no and leave the drama with no contract breach or punishment. 

On rare occasions very rare a character is written with an actor in mind, they have to take in mind what the actress or actor wants to do or not and they don't have to be casted. But most actors do have to do casting even actors like Yang Yang. 

Now  my question why did he accept the kissing scenes with Dilraba or Bai Lu? was the wife okay with those two, I don't even want to say he was okay with it because I'm like okay with them is a yes but not the others, did you like them Allen? OOOOR did he get payed more? and what does it say about him and his wife so morals to the side because we get more money.  I can't find explanation. 

I was arguing with some people who said Allen never said he doesn't do kissing scenes. That they seen him kiss I am like with who? some said Yang Zi or Yang Mi don't remember who. I ask which drama but so far no answer. They said he kiss Seven but I rewatch the scenes and there is no view of them kissing lip to lip he always hide that angle with his shoulder. They use the close up of the lips or eyes, the lips close up are known to be used for body doubles. For me to be a valid kissing scene you have to see the side profile with lips touching.  I will post a picture if I can of what I mean. I am not easily fool by kissing scenes.  

Exactly new actors like Hedi, Zhang linghe, Steve Zhang would be better suited for romantic dramas. Xu Kai, Wu Lei are already on top but they don't have such demands of not kissing their co stars

SecondaryLeadsandcouples:

@Rima-Chan I don’t know if you know of the scandal of those two Korean actors (the actress of it’s okay to not be okay) well she kept telling her boyfriend who is an actor to not kiss his co stars and not get near them. Imagine how uncomfortable he must felt, he even told the producers if they could cut the kisses scene. The power of a controlling girlfriend or wife. I wouldn’t doubt Ren’s wife is this way. Like you say he looks uncomfortable at times. Not into his romance parts. Maybe he is scared. 

Not to be mean I don’t why they keep giving him leading parts, he is okay looking not level Yang Yang and his acting is not amazing. And add that he doesn’t kiss, I’m like why if there’s better looking, better acting and that do kiss actors they are still giving him leads. 

Yes..the girl from ok not ok and the guy from crash landing on you

micheal1803:

Arsenal Military Academy did have a kiss scene but it was deleted and the director replaced the no kiss scenes with lots of physical contact such as holding hands ect. And as I said before there are some shows that don't need kiss scenes because of the plot which but dramas which are heavily romance based atleast needs a kiss scene if not then close contact.

Ya Xu Kai and Bai lu have kissed in many other dramas. It's not about just not kissing in one...but majority of romantic dramas

@Secondaryleadsandcouples 

I think that's how it is in Western Management or Outsidr Cdrama. Who knows how it works for Cdrama land.

He clearly said it

https://youtu.be/dEE_hUdmM9M

Around 5:30

And this was probably before he accept this drama "Thousand Years for you"

"The script I received may be different from the final script that they will give me once the filming start. So I have to follow of course and do what I was told even if I didn't want to. So now I am waiting for the scripts to be complete and see if things can be settled with"

Anyway I doubt Diliraba's management will agree if he is paid higher just for the kiss scenes.