Hey all. Anyone else around who's seen a fair bit like I have? I am feeling super stuck right now. I've pretty much seen most of the usual suspects & keep starting things but just can't seem to settle or find anything that really grabs my attention. Either the quality is way to low, the subs bad, the story just too slow for my tastes or I just can't get attached to the characters at all.

My MDL here isn't complete yet but I've tried to add as much as I can. I'm still working on adding all the rest of things I've seen so far. I haven't listed any planned stuff yet. You can find a more up-to-date list IN MY LJ HERE. Also have a more complete list which includes my "Planned" stuff on another site but not sure if I'm allowed to post it here since it's a similar site.

I'm hoping to find something fairly solid but with a youthful cast like Last Friends, Sunao, Innocent Love, Nagareboshi, Love Shuffle, Orange Days, Shut Up: Flower Boy Band, Holyland, Triangle etc. Preferably recent, 2005 onwards. Maybe I missed something good you can recommend me. But really I am open to most suggestions.

Some things I really love:
- Japanese dramas though I'll always consider most countries like KDramas/TDramas etc.
- Good looking male leads/Mostly male cast.
- Reverse Harem.
- Youth/Slice of Life/Idol/Music/School/Romance type dramas.
- Great OST's/Scores.
- Fast pace.
- Modern setting.
- 8 to 16 EP dramas.

Things I really don't like:
- I prefer to avoid currently airing Dramas & go with complete only.
- I really don't like crazy melodrama.
- Time travel. I really don't like backwards/forwards to & fro-ing or stories where the main goes back in time A LA Proposal Daisakusen style.
- Dramas that are too slow or take a long time to evolve. I have the attention span of a fish!
- Dramas with very young characters/Many children or under 14/15's.
- Super sad endings where everyone dies or no one ends together or dramas that leave you with a pointless kinda feeling.
- Historical/Period dramas.
- Game dramas like Liar Game etc.
- Medical/Police/Detective dramas unless they are more focused on the Slice-of-Life aspects.
- Extremely long dramas (25 EP's max for me really but under 20 is better).

Some of my favourite Dramas so far & ones I personally recommend: Hana Yori Dango, Water Boys II, Last Friends, You're Beautiful, City Hunter, Risou no Musuko, Hungry, Lucky 7, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Holyland, Last Money ~ Price of Love, Yokai Ningen Bem, Boku to Star no 99 Nichi, Soredemo Ikite Yuku, Ouran High School Host Club, Brother Beat, Tenshi no Wakemae, Boku no Dake no Madonna, Asuko March!, School!!, Nagareboshi, GTO, Clone Baby, Quartet, Hi wa mata Noboru, Hammer Session, Ghost Friends, Taisetsu na koto wa subete kimi ga oshiete kureta, Shibatora, Love Shuffle, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge, Nobuta wo Produce, Koizora, Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, Mr Brain, Futatsu no Spica, Atashinchi no Danshi, Orange Days, Sunao ni Narenakute, Cat Street, Akai Ito, Yasha, Tsuki no Koibito, Yankee-kun to Megane-chan, Innocent Love, Sweet Room, Tumbling, Tokyo Dogs, RHPlus, Moyashimon, Ohitorisama, Dr. Koto's Clinic, Strawberry On the Shortcake, Long Love Letter, Voice, Triangle, My boss My hero, Mukodono (2001), Gokusen, Hana Kimi (2007/2011), Yasuko to Kenji, Misaki Number One!!, Saru Lock, Q10, Heartstrings, Playful Kiss, Mary Stayed out all Night, Dream High, Boys over Flowers, White Christmas, What's Up, Mackerel Run, Vampire Prosecutor, Flower Boy Ramyun Shop, Shut Up: Flower Boy Band, Love Buffet, Why why Love, Devil Beside You, Hi My Sweetheart.

Movie recs are welcomed as well. All the ones I have seen are listed in my IN MY LJ HERE.
Check my list/profile for more info. Thanks & sorry for the long post XD!!!
Well. Tbh it's really really hard to read that slew of dramas. I skimmed it. Twice. And didn't see hana kimi? What about Densha Otoko?
I just saw hana kimi. Lol. Nvm. Nobuta WO produce?
Yup unfortunately already have seen Nobuta & Hana Kimi as well as most of the usual suspects. You can just click the link to my MDL list or see my LJ for a full list of things I've seen LOL for an easier to read list. That's just a snapshot selection of my most favourites. Thanks forgot about Densha Otoko, seen the movie but no the drama yet. Wonder if it's as good as the movie? I really did enjoy that one but not sure about the cast for the Drama version.
wow scary demands =) peace ^^y
bokami wrote: wow

scary demands =)
peace ^^y

lol I'm afraid to tackle that list either. XD I started to compare.. *takes another stab at it*
bokami wrote: wow

scary demands =)
peace ^^y

LOL...chingu

I can't think of any, but if I do I'll come back.
No demands LOL. Just tried to provide as much info as poss to avoid wasting anyone's time. Thanks LisNoir. :)
ok Here are some that I really enjoyed that I couldn't locate on your completed list:

Take Care of the Young Lady
Bull Doctor
The Greatest Love
It Started With a Kiss
Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy
Full House
Goong
Couple or Trouble
I Really Really Like You
Jungle Fish
Fated to Love You
Wild Romance
OH! My Lady
Lunch Queen
Corner With Love
I narrowed it down as much as I could by eliminating as many High School dramas as possible. I stuck a few in there because the focus is either on older characters, or on more mature themes than your average high school dramas, or because of the popularity of the drama. OR because the characters in the drama don't stay high-schoolers for long.
Thanks Sleepninja. You're suggestions are appreciated. I will look those up. I don't mind school dramas; actually I quite like them, just not dramas with really young children & very very early teens. I'm probably older than the average drama lover on here XD. So anything above 15 years is good with me. LOL; I know I really have very specific likes which is making it harder to find something new to watch. *Wanders off to go look at those listed he he*
Pantheria wrote: Thanks Sleepninja. You're suggestions are appreciated. I will look those up. I don't mind school dramas; actually I quite like them, just not dramas with really young children & very very early teens. I'm probably older than the average drama lover on here XD. So anything above 15 years is good with me. LOL; I know I really have very specific likes which is making it harder to find something new to watch. *Wanders off to go look at those listed he he*

Ahh ok Well I think they are mostly in the later stages of high-school. And you would be surprised. We have some older members on here too. lol Now where is that thread? We have an age thread if you are curious, I'll bump it.
DANG you watched a lot lol hmm let me just throw you a bunch of titles that may be fitting that I could think of as of now... In Time With You Hair Show Paradise Farm Que Sera Sera Soulmate The Man Who Can't Get Married 9 End 2 Outs Couple or Trouble My Princess Tadashii Ouji no Tsukurikata
Sleepninja: I guess Nobuta wo Produce age & above is what I personally prefer. Uhmmm I guess they are around 16/17 in that? Not really sure how the Japanese school system works tbh. Had a look at the age thread, thanks for bumping so it was easy to find. Still seem to be above the average age LOL. It's ok though since I don't look my age XD; that's all that matters he he!

WontonDumpling: Thanks. Actually hadn't gotten around to adding Tadashii Ouji no Tsukurikata to my completed list yet so it was handy you mentioned it. I'll check the others out, don't think I've really heard of most of them. Any super sad endings or all safe to watch?

Goldenseal50: Thanks, I think I'll go with Bull Fighting since I actually have that one, it's been sitting in my "To Watch" folder for ages LOL. Also want to see Black & White so I'll move that one up the list. Thanks for the others too, I'll check them out.

As for Historicals. Actually tried half of the first EP of Hong Gil Dong & it's just not for me & then after reading about how the story goes I can safely say I'd most likely hate it LOL because of the ending. I just really do prefer modern-day settings & have yet to find a historial that I can even past the first EP but suggest away anyway just in case. You never know & I am open to all suggestions. Maybe mention why you liked them or something. :)