I tend to get bored with most slice-of-life dramas that aren't as dramatic as other genres. I'm looking for dramas in any genre (although preferably not too dark) where the main leads have a healthy, non-abusive relationship and the drama is fast-paced and interesting.

Ideally I'm looking for dramas that stay interesting because the leads have such strong feelings for each other and / or because they're dealing with dramatic situations together. I love it when couples have each others' backs / look out for each other. If they put their lives on the line to protect the other person, even better.

I'm not a fan of MLs that are complete jerks and / or that try to control the FL. I prefer leads that are both talented or capable in some way. 

I generally prefer it when the ML falls for the FL first, but as long as they fall hard for each other quickly and put each others' interests first I'll be very happy. I know that's a lot, so if you can think of anything close I'd be grateful for your recommendations!

(P.S. I don't mind love triangles or characters constantly being in danger, and I like many of the common drama romance tropes that don't involve abuse, so please feel free to recommend dramas that are criticized for having those elements - they don't bother me!) 

I recommend "Cheese in the Trap". 

Faith 

High school king of savvy

I have absolute faith that these babies will surely not disappoint:

• Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms (aka Eternal Love)
  • Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo

They are some of my all-time favorites. Eternal Love is a Chinese drama and Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo is a Korean drama. If you need more convincing, check out my reviews (I've written one for both of them).

• While you were sleeping
  • Weightlifting fairy
  • Live up to your name

Not ALL of these are dramatic,but they all have a good romance. 

I would second Eternal Love(Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms) ,and add Memory lost. I recently finished that and enjoyed the main couples relationship very much. It also has some cute and funny interactions with the other characters, as well as some crime solving and action,if that is your thing. 

Splash splash Love, The Eternal Love,and My only Love Song- all time travel romances worth watching, The Eternal Love is also a body swap,and has a season 2 coming yay

Love Me If You Dare- a dark crime drama with a side of romance. Well written, with an awkward male lead and the female lead suits him perfectly. 

Mars- another dark drama with some suspense and serious subject matters. 

Orange Days- sweet otp, emotional and touching love story

Bromance- cute and funny,with a very good looking male lead and hot kissing scenes. 

School 2017- I'm not big on school dramas,but this one was couple goals

Also second Weightlifting fairy Kim Bok Joo. This was sooo adorable. Cotton candy fluff and barely any annoying second lead stuff. Enjoyable from start to finish

Thank you for all the great recommendations! 

Long Love Letter

What's Up (somewhat)

Mei-chan no Shitsuji (fits just a bit)