I would like some recommendations on what to watch next. I feel like I have watched so many dramas that there is nothing left to watch. At this point, I feel like I shouldn't even be picky, but I'm not the biggest fan of  historical dramas. Please recommend anything that you think I haven't watch before or that I definitely need to watch or give a try. Thanks! Also, I'm also the type of person who waits for the whole drama to finish airing and then binge watch. I hate waiting a week for a new episode. Anyone else also do that? Hehehe! 

I only watch Chinese dramas, and can usually recommend a bunch to people but you've actually seen  a lot of them already!! 

I'm just gonna recommend ones that aren't on your lists since you have honestly watched a lot haha:

1. Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms (Eternal Love) ---- this one's xianxia (chinese fantasy) so idk how you'd feel about it since you don't like historical but it's very popular here on MDL and as someone who doesn't watch romance dramas very often, this one totally had me hooked
  2. A Love So Beautiful ---- didn't see this one yet but everyone seems to love it. It just finished airing, it's cute and fluffy and good feels
  3. Ode to Joy (+Ode to Joy 2) ---- follows a group of five women from different walks of life with different personalities and how they deal with family, love, work, and life in general in present-day Shanghai 
  4. The First Half of My Life ---- my favorite drama of 2017 lol, tells the story of how a woman goes through divorce and her struggles afterwards. Main female character is annoying as hell at first but has a lot of character development and I ended up loving her. Great cast and great acting. Romance and workplace/life struggles are intertwined. 
  5. Surgeons ---- follows a guy trying to investigate an old case about his mother at a hospital. really enjoyed the writing for this drama (no black-and-white characters, different views on different situations) and awesome acting 
  6. Battle of Changsha --- historical, but only 33 eps which is short as hell for a chinese historical. a great family drama with a lot of character development. 

again not sure what you like since you seem to have seen a lot of the chinese modern ones haha

Go Back Couple, Beautiful Gong Shim and Another Miss Oh are 3 relatively recent Korean dramas set in modern times that I don't see when I search your list quickly.

I think it's worth giving them a try to see if they're for you.

After reviewing your lists, here's what i recommend:

1.  drop everything and watch My Only Love Song....its fast moving, cute as hell rom-com.   Short and sweet.  20 30-min eps produced by Netflix.   You'll knock it out asap.  Its has both modern times and historical times because theres some time travel involved.  its especially great to watch while you're strategizing on your other dramas that are a much longer commitment. 

2.  then watch Fated to Love You (Korean version) -  While you may know the story from the taiwan version, the acting by Jang Nara and Jang Hyuk is so amazing that I am an emotional roller coaster each time I watch it based on their expressions alone.  I watched part of the Taiwan version and they feel completely different  

3.  I would take the time to watch reply 1988.   It is a super well-done drama that sticks to your bones.  Forever.  

4.  And here's a movie i recommend if you want another quick rom-com.  Ji Sung is dripping in sexiness in this.  Watch this as a palate cleanser  in between any of the above!   My P.S. Partner.   

Enjoy!

• Maou
  • The greatest love
  • 1 litre of tears
  • Kazoku game
  • boku unemi no hito desu
  • Because this is my first life
  • Pride
  • Tatta hitotsu no koi
  • Signal

What about Chicago typewriter? Im not good at explaining abt how this drama is a good drama but I hopw u will give a try for it. This drama is underrated tho but this is one of my fav drama ever hehe

I think it's tough to find something that's really gonna blow you away after having watched more than 400 dramas, according to your list. 

I have two suggestions. 

1. Just try to pick something that looks completely NOT what you would normally watch and give it a go. Scroll through peoples "best of" lists, or "top rated" in the database and click on something that you always seemed to skip over because it gave you no interest. 

When things feel dull, you have to take a risk and try something different and experiment. 

2. You might just need a break from watching asian dramas. The enjoyment will come back, but you might just be burnt out, it happens with some of my favorite things, a short break for a while reignites the flame of intrigue a little bit for me.