I'm tired of the "quirky" female leads. I'm currently watching Oh hae young and I really can't deal right now.

I want a female lead that's good at her job. I hate incompetent female lead who after being scolded for not doing their jobs right end up crying.

I want a female lead that has her life together. Drama writers always write such "quirky" and clumsy poor leads that's always making mistake and falling down and is so flamboyant and can never calm down or think logically.

Maybe it's cos of my irl personality but when I watch these female leads I just end up getting annoyed because I'll also get annoyed if I encountered such a person irl

Basically I want a lead that has control over her life, isn't so poor, isn't loud, isn't incompetent at her job/ school, isn't clumsy, has a brain, etc.

I know my request is maybe quite the challenge but please suggest good recent (2014-present) dramas for me. You can suggest dramas from any country except Thailand. Thank you

Doctors

Ten miles of peach blossoms

across the ocean to see you

Marry me or not

From 5 to 9

Falling for innocence

1% of something

Deserving of a name

descendant of the sun

woman with a suitcase

ExGF club

ms. Temper and nam junggi

Fantastic

• Kill me heal me
  • It's okay that's love
  • 20th Century Boy and Girl
  • From 5 to 9
  • Boku, Unmei no Hito desu
  • Sekai ichi muzukashii koi

I'll second / third:

• 1% of Something
  • Descendants of the Sun
  • Deserving of the Name (AKA Live Up to Your Name)
  • Doctors
  • From 5 to 9
  • It's Okay, That's Love
  • Kill Me Heal Me
  • Love O2O

and add: 

• Witch's Romance - she's a workaholic reporter
  • Strongest Deliveryman - she's worked in food delivery for five years and is known as the best in her neighbourhood
  • The Imperial Doctress - she is determined to learn medicine and becomes a very skilled doctor
  • Hospital Ship - she's a skilled surgeon 
  • The Princess Wei Young - she is intelligent, educated, resourceful, and competent 
  • Bromance - she's a competent fighter and adapts to a new job without any issues
  • I Need Romance 3 - she's a team leader for a home shopping channel (she cries once after a major project fails because she has let her mentor down / he acts coldly towards her afterwards and she has feelings for him that she's not aware of at the time, but is generally quite cold and unemotional at work and is a stickler for separating work and personal life)
  • The Masked Lover - she's a talented architect who has to cover for her business woman / mob boss twin sister
  • Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo - she's a champion weightlifter 
  • While You Were Sleeping - she's a reporter with a good reputation (under a spoiler tag because it's implied in the beginning of the drama that she's unemployed before the actual situation is revealed)
  • Healer - she's an aspiring reporter; she's still learning, but brave and driven

Thanks for the recommendations. I've watched/ watching some of these but I'll give the rest a chance.

I've heard that Witch's Court has a very strong female lead

Honestly, the most capable female lead I've seen (in the vein that she might have lacking 'conditions' compared to the male lead, but is more competent/intelligent than him, and he's certainly not bad himself) is Bom in Heard It Through The Grapevine. She literally has the ability to manipulate the powerful people around her, BUT she doesn't 'have her life together' since she starts as the poor, underage, pregnant girlfriend of the wealthy family's underage son.

Might be OT but, there is a recent trend I am noticing. Competent female lead (i.e. isn't dumb, has a college degree or smart, capable of work, etc.) but somehow can't find work or unable to work because of certain circumstances.

While you were sleeping

Black

Because this is my first life

iirc, all the main female in those shows are capable, but somehow can't find work or can't find a place to live in lol.

Tothebeautifulme:

I've heard that Witch's Court has a very strong female lead

It's great for a strong and clever female lead, however romance is not the main focal point of the drama story. This female lead was awesome