I'm looking for a japanese drama with a sad ending. I already tried google, but I keep finding romance dramas and I don't really want a drama based in love (it can have hints of it). I want a drama like The quiz show, but without a happy ending... Or a drama like Maou too :D Well, that's basically it. Help! Please :D
GolDLluvia wrote: I'm looking for a japanese drama with a sad ending. I already tried google, but I keep finding romance dramas and I don't really want a drama based in love (it can have hints of it).
I want a drama like The quiz show, but without a happy ending... Or a drama like Maou too :D
Well, that's basically it. Help! Please :D

wow that 's a challenge...It is a little hard to find something like this because sad endings are not very japanese style, I think..Well it is not a drama, but I have not seen DeathNote movies in your list...They are not the best shows but may be, you will be interested...There are the Liar Game series in your plan to watch list, I do not know about their ending (I only watched the first one) but their concept seems similar to what you are looking for. Lastly, well it is not japanese but White Christmas from Korea is also a possibilty. I guess these are not exactly what you are looking for but they are not love storries and make you try to guess the ending....
Yes, it's really difficult to find a japanese drama with such ending... Those are my favorites though T_T (idk why) But, I'm currently watching White Christmas and I'm already addicted to it xD. wow you really got the thing I love in dramas: surprising endings :D And I'll try the Death Note movies too xD Thanks for your help! ^.^
:) anytime...hope you enjoy them...
i don't know if it's really what you want, cause that's not sad ending as you might search, but it let you a bitter taste after watching them (but not because they were bad) : Long love letter, Taiyou to umi no Kyoshitsu, Tokio. and some movies : Ikigami, or Blackboard (ep 1, I don't know for the others...). hope it could help.
1 Litre of Tears is a sad drama and has a sad ending. You can try watching Code Blue and Liar Game. They both don't have any romance in it.
I think you'd like Kagi no kakatta heya (jdrama), Ashita no kita yoshio (jdrama), Confessions (movie), Guilty Akuma to Keiyakushita Onna (jdrama), and maybe Troubleman (jdrama). These are mostly suspense dramas, with a twist like in the Quiz show.
Zettai Kareshi has actually a sad ending :) But unfortunatelly its based on love lol
I second 1 litre of tears for a sad jdrama with a sad ending and has only hints of romance. Although it was very sad I also found it very inspirational. It's a very good series. After this I could handle any sad series. This has to be the saddest series ever made.