I don't know if this is too specific but I just finished watching Laughter in Waikiki and I really like the male lead's personality and I'm in the mood to watch something with a similar character in it. Basically one where they have a mean (or tough) demeanor/treat people in a bit of a harsh way (although I would prefer him not to be overly harsh) but are actually really awkward or shy, and have good intentions. 

Other characters I can think of are the leads in Sekai Ichi Muzukashii Koi and Marriage Not Dating. I'd prefer something lighthearted! Any country is fine. If there are movies with this type of character instead of dramas I am okay with that.

Jugglers

Because this is my first life (?)

Moon Lovers: Scarlett Heart Ryeo (?)

Suspicous Partner (?)

Introverted boss

- i put the question mark '(?)' to indicate that i am not 100% sure if ML was like that or i just interpreted his character this way

(Bonus: Pride and Prejudice (2005) with Keira Knightley. Mr Darcy is the og awkward male lead)

A Love So Beautiful (CDrama)

Of course, all flavors of Boys over Flowers/Hana Yori Dango/Meteor Garden

Itazura na Kiss- the ML seems mean but really just doesn't know how emotions work lol

A Love So Beautiful

With You - seems pretty cool and warm hearted but is kinda dorky

While You Were Sleeping - he acts very cool but the second u turn your eye away this dude is gonna be the world's biggest awkward and dorky lead ever

She Was Pretty - lol he seems like a cool and unaffected boss but turns out to be the world's most clueless and oblivious dude ever

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (?)

What Happens to My Family - cute family drama, the dude cant really handle his feelings very well lol

school 2017

Because This is My First Life

✔️ What's Wrong with Secretary Kim 

✔️ Beautiful Mind

✔️ Lucky Romance 

✔️ Witch's Love (2018) 

✔️ Love Me if you Dare 

✔️ When a Snail Falls in Love 

✔️ 30 But 17 

✔️ Lawless Lawyer 

✔️ Fated to love You 

✔️ Hit the Top

✔️ Hwayugi (both ML) 

✔️ Hwarang (king) 

✔️ King in Love (Siwan) 

✔️ Dr Qin Medical Examiner 

✔️ Your Honor

✔️ Kiss that Kills

✔️ Murphy's Law of Romance 

✔️ Just You 

✔️ Oh My Venus 

✔️ My Girlfriend is a Gumiho 

✔️ Galileo 

✔️ Painless : Eyes for Signs 

✔️ Your House Helper 

✔️ Undateable

✔️ Beating Again 

✔️ Tunnel (both ML) 

I agree with Witch’s Love, Introverted Boss and While You were sleeping!

I forgot to mention Kekkon Dekinai Otoko. Kuwano Shinsuke is the perfect example of what you're looking for.

If you're looking for something more recent, definitely check out thirty but seventeen. Boy is seriously tsurende (has bg story to it), but he really has a soft and caring heart <3333 I didn't like the main characters' chemistry at all, but once he softened, I thought they were super cute together!

ShotaSidePart:

I forgot to mention Kekkon Dekinai Otoko. Kuwano Shinsuke is the perfect example of what you're looking for.

oo i have been meaning to watch this for a while now thank you!

MarieP:

If you're looking for something more recent, definitely check out thirty but seventeen. Boy is seriously tsurende (has bg story to it), but he really has a soft and caring heart <3333 I didn't like the main characters' chemistry at all, but once he softened, I thought they were super cute together!

i actually am looking to check out some new k-dramas since i haven't been keeping up with them for a long time this looks like something i would really enjoy thank you!

thank you all for your recs <3

+1 Thirty but Seventeen. 

Lucky Romance.

Both guys are soooo adorable and are seriously awkward (but again, totally cute) in showing affection to the girl they like. You’ll fall in love with the both of them.

In Lucky Romance, the first 2-3 episodes are kinda boring but try to get past that and you’ll see how adorable the guy is.

• Daylight Shooting Star
  • My Boss My Hero

I think that the male lead in My ID is Gangnam Beauty fits this!