Guys I know there is so many historical kind of dramas but I kind of would like to check some more "moderns" ones. I mean dramas which happening around 1920-1940 or something like that and not based on royal stuffs etc. I never watch Asian drama around these age times so thought maybe you can recommend me something great :)

best romance kind of

So I have two recommendations - if you like action + some spying, some romance + bromance/frenemies, check this one out:

(warning: some communist propaganda + female lead that's not great)

https://mydramalist.com/16087-sparrow 

- if you like politics, super strong camaraderie/bromance/absolute loyalty towards friends and family + moderate amount of romance + fighting corruption, check this one out:

https://mydramalist.com/10804-all-quiet-in-beijing 

If you want to discover more shows on your own, check tags like 'Republican era' or 'World War'

The Bund

It's set in the 1920s.  This is the drama that made Chow Yun-fat famous.

I recommend Bridal Mask, it's amazing and it was the first period drama I've watched.

Check out:

• The Disguiser (China) - 1930s to 1940s
  • Battle of Changsa (china) - 1930s to 1940s
  • Mr.Sunshine (Korea) - early 1900's
  • Emperors cook (Japan) - late 1920's
  • The Sandglass (Korea) - 1970s to 1980s
  • Eyes of Dawn (Korea) - 1950s to 1960s
  • Romance in our Parents (china) 
  • The Hymnn of Death (Korea) 
  • Padiwarada (thailand)
  • Juthathep series (thailand) - 1800's
    • Khun chai Pawornruj
    • Khun chai puttipatt
    • Khun chai ronapee

Romance in the rain

This is a very old drama. You can find it on Youtube. It is based on a novel by the same novelist as Princess Pearl. It also has nearly the same casts as well. Zhao Wei, Ruby Lin, and Alec Su

Capital Scandal

An old drama too. It is underrated but quite entertaining.

Tenno no Ryoriban

A real-life story of an emperor's cook. 

In this Corner of this world

This is one of my most fav J drama. It is bittersweet. It also tells about ww2 and Hiroshima's atomic bombing. 

Asa ga Kita

It is inspired by a real-life historical figure.  A woman who build the first university for women.

Thank you guys. That's definitely help..I will check all of them and for sure pick something to watch

looktothestars:

Rookie Agent Rouge

Battle of Changsha

Siege in Fog

Battle of Changsha seems like something I was looking for. Will start with it so thank you :) 

Happy to help! It's my favorite drama set during the Republican Era, I hope you like it:D