Honestly there is a general repertoire of romantic dramas and comedies that are usually recommended, but most of us have already seen most if not all of them or at least gave them enough of a try. 

I’m looking for something I usually wouldn’t find super easily, the country of origin doesn’t really matter (I find watching Korean & Chinese shows easiest though if that helps) but it has to be romantic, engaging and have a satisfying plot. Whether it’s a romantic comedy, sageuk/wuxia/historical or family drama I’m willing to watch as long as it’s fun. I don’t particularly mind if it’s “low budget” either. 

Bonuses for leads that have good chemistry and/or have a lengthy relationship in the show. 

Most underrarted dramas I have watched that may match your taste-(All Kdramas)

My princess 

Prime Minster And I 

Which Star are you from?

History of a Salary man (This may look old, but it has ability to give competition against flashy dramas that come these days)

Ugly Alert (The most perfectly written yet underrated family drama I have watched till now, don't be turned off by the number of episodes, each episode is just 35 min long. Hope you give this one a try for sure!)

Girls Generation (My only teen fav drama)

Fiery Priest (If you miss out this one, you'll really miss something that can make you happy with weird humour lol)

Birth of Beauty (Don't know if you have seen it yet or not.)

Beautiful Gong Shim (Its definitely underrated for years now, only true kdrama fans seemed to have watch this one).

King of Drams( See it and then tell me how it is!)

Thirty but seventeen

One spring night

Reunited worlds 

Come and hug me

Where the lost ones go

Jugglers

Fated to love you

Fairyland lovers

Scent of a woman 

Moonshine and valentine 

Go hos starry night 

1% of something 

Korean:
Kill It
Be Melodramatic
Good Doctor
The Happy Loner (drama special)
Flower Boy Ramyun Shop
A Beautiful Mind
Flower Boy Next Door
Falling for Innocence
Radio Romance  
Dal Ja's Spring
The Great Seducer
Hwang Jin Yi
Chuno
My Secret Romance

Japanese:
Hotaru no Hikari
Algernon Ni Hanataba O
Hajimete Koi wo Shita Hi ni Yomu Hanashi

Thai:
Neung Nai Suang
Cheewit Puer Kah Huajai Puer Tur
Nee Ruk Nai Krong Fai

Chinese:
Good Bye My Princess
Arsenal Military Academy
Where the Lost Ones Go
Bloody Romance
Siege in Fog

Taiwanese:
Behind Your Smile
Refresh Man

I hope this will be helpful! :) 

I know just one that fits your needs :) => The Sweet Girl

Almost none of the Dramas listed so far fit your description "something I usually wouldn’t find super easily". I think you've got some good recs for the other elements of your wishlist, perhaps being obscure (which really none listed so far are) isn't as important. :)

I can recommend a few Chinese dramas: Princess Silver, Love of Thousand Years, Love Better than Immortality, Goodbye My Princess. As for Korean, the ones I've watched are not underrated. Hope this helps!

Laughter in Waikiki is hella fun to watch and there's sweet romance too.

• Soratobu Kouhoushitsu
  • What is love? (Taiwanese drama)
  • It's not that I can not marry but I don't want to
  • Cinderella and the 4 knights
  • My Sassy girl
  • Survival wedding

Young Blood  and Joy of Life --- Engaging and satisfying plot, not much of romance though

Since you didn't rule out J or TW, a few more suggestions 

Here's one that REALLY doesn't get mentioned often - Hayako Sensei. A very soft, slow, low-key romance that focuses on the growth of a relationship rather than romance per se. A Sharply Graceful Girl is somewhat similar in that aspect.

Also, one of my FAVOURITE  Taiwanese Dramas that is obviously not on a lot viewers' radars is Love, Timeless - for me, the development over (multiple) times of the SECOND pair is probably even more emotionally satisfying than that of the leads.